First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Thanks, Kangirl. That helps.

greed: All INFPs apologize too much and for everything and nothing. It's a fact. We are mostly afraid of rejection hardcore, we don't want anyone to hate us because of something we did. Thus, apologizing.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

1. healthy ESFJ + ENTJ isnt THAT bad (basing this on a good ESFJ platonic friend)... worst romantic match i could think of would be ESTJ or ISFP

2. i think ENTJ ENFP is a faaaaar better match than INFP... the ENTJ is likely to just be WAAAAY too intense for most introverts...

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    It works for me and my INFP, and I wouldn't describe either of us as 100% emotionally sane.

Advice for an ENTJ woman would be to be direct and ballsy, but open-minded. I like cockiness in men if they can back it up.
    Is/was your INFP cocky? In what was did he win you over via cockiness, if at all?

In areas of insecurity, what about him 'made up for it'?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Is/was your INFP cocky? In what was did he win you over via cockiness, if at all?

In areas of insecurity, what about him 'made up for it'?
    He can be cocky. But he can also whine about being the lamest person in the whole world. It depends on what mood he's in (and oh, he has many moods, and they change with the wind). The thing that made/makes up for it (besides the fact that I don't necessarily view insecurity as a 'flaw' - most normal people are insecure about something) is that he's very good at his job. He's quite a traditional guy in that way - he derives a sense of self-worth from his work, and takes it very seriously. And to my mind, he is very, very good at it, and it's a source of pride for me as well as it is for him.

I was answering the question more in a what-to-do-before-a-relationship-is-established kind of way. My INFP, when he was pursuing me, came off as more cocky than he really is. Very confident, extremely dry wit, piss-takey streak of cruelty etc. When we got together and he felt safer, he let more of his softer sides show. And by then I belonged to him and there was nothing he could do to change it.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I was answering the question more in a what-to-do-before-a-relationship-is-established kind of way. My INFP, when he was pursuing me, came off as more cocky than he really is. Very confident, extremely dry wit, piss-takey streak of cruelty etc. When we got together and he felt safer, he let more of his softer sides show. And by then I belonged to him and there was nothing he could do to change it.
    Ah, a very good strategy. That's one thing I like about many ENTJs, from what I've read and seen from them. As long as the INFP can prove their worth (and developed INFPs can do that in many different ways), they won't shun our unadulterated Fi when we finally let it show.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Ah, a very good strategy. That's one thing I like about many ENTJs, from what I've read and seen from them. As long as the INFP can prove their worth (and developed INFPs can do that in many different ways), they won't shun our unadulterated Fi when we finally let it show.
    An INFP's natural humanitarian streak is well enough to "prove" themselves to me.. it's just something that I greatly value, myself.

Incidentally, are INFPs always so modest about their own interests and abilities?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Incidentally, are INFPs always so modest about their own interests and abilities?
    Our modesty is only surpassed by our awesomeness.

Actually, FiNe makes it so that even when we do really well, we can still see ways we could have done it better. So we end up always comparing ourselves to an artificially high water mark, and then punishing ourselves (emotionally) for falling short. I didn't realize until my mid-twenties that most people don't hold me to the same standard I hold myself.

Also, I often have a hard time simply 'taking the damn compliment'.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Ah, a very good strategy.
    On his part? Yes, it was. Very successful. I'm his b*tch.

He also can't take a compliment unless I tie him to a chair, gag him, immobilize his head (so he can't shake it 'no') and scream it in his face. Which I'm generally too lazy to do.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I need some suggestions. I've been talking to someone for a little while that I met over the net that lives nearby. It was on a website for match-making, I've pretty much typed her as ENTJ or possibly ESTJ, but she said she loves deep conversations and theory. So I'm going with ENTJ. She said she went on there for "friends" but also mentioned "meeting someone."

Any suggestions? Anything would be appreciated.
    Aside from the personality typing - watch out for net dating sites.
    It can be great or it can suck.
    (thinks about the rude obsessive guy who still calls and texts her after she ending it after a week of just dating)
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

He also can't take a compliment unless I tie him to a chair, gag him, immobilize his head (so he can't shake it 'no') and scream it in his face. Which I'm generally too lazy to do.
    Hahaha. That would actually be pure psychological torture! Tie him up, and then instead of calling him horrible things, start forcefully complimenting him. That would make me squirm, big time.

Out of sheer curiosity, what does he do for work? I'm keeping this in the thread, since being passionate about your work is clearly one of the ways to win over an ENTJ, so I consider it still on topic. Yes-siree.