User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    This. Everyone here is making assumptions about his intentions - I really don't think type alone is enough to decide whether or not the guy is interested - and if so, if he's interested in just sex or something more. From my POV, it's significant that he's sweet and complimentary - he likes you in some way. No harm in going out with him. If he tries to get into your pants at the end of a coffee-shop date, you can turn him down no harm no foul.
    Yes, but. This is why compliments are worthless.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    I really don't think type alone is enough to decide whether or not the guy is interested
    That's right, you don't even need type. If a guy compliments you in a continuous and consistent way, then he's into you, whatever his type is.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Yeah, they want a mate back home when they're done conquering the multiverse.
    ROFL haha... ENTJs can be quite hard on themselves...they need that reassurance when they return from their conquests (some of which invariably fail)

Senior Member ENTJ Extraordinaire's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

This Post has made me think quite a bit. i guess you have to decide if his compliments are Flirtatious, or if they are heartfelt.

if he is anythiing like me, believe me when i say anything he says in that line is going to be very very literal. so if he says you are awesome, he means it. we don't pussy foot around, and we don't pander to peoples emotions rather well

perhaps he is just getting in your pants, but generally for me, when that is the only intention, i am usually very upfront about it, or i hint in the most obvious of ways. i will tell sex jokes, and talk about it, and test those waters with the person for about a week, and if they give me what seems to be an all clear, then i would make a very very VERY obvious move and there would be no way of confusing it with just complimenting someone.

i give compliments rather sparingly, mostly because generally i don't feel people are that worthy of compliments, but when i give them they are generally given with the intention of presenting openness and honesty. We think almost as literally as we think.

when you say CONSTANTLY how often are we talking? say...per day?
    Actualized type: ENTJ
    Extroverted (E) 64.71% Introverted (I) 35.29%
    Intuitive (N) 56.1% Sensing (S) 43.9%
    Thinking (T) 68.42% Feeling (F) 31.58%
    Judging (J) 65% Perceiving (P) 35%

ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

http://hubpages.com/profile/Joshywa1

I only can count a few ENTJs on my list, but the ones I have known have a pretty strict standard of behavior. Unlike the lush entps, they can see the consequences of thier actions miles down the road. I had a collegue I respected quite a bit who was an ENTJ. Always on best behavior, when not decapitating the useless. He went to a company party after taking meds for back pain, and then drank on top of them. That night we found out that he really did admire the ladies, and he thought I had nice legs. I became his party chaprone and detoured him back towards his room once he started getting way too out of hand. It was actually funny to see an entj have moments of weakness.

I think if your guy just wanted sex he would find it elsewhere. He sounds like he has a more long term interest with the compliments.

Senior Member ENTJ Extraordinaire's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

agreed. we generally hold back quite alot of our affectionate advances until we are sure that you are going to respond in the way that we want. otherwise 1) we don't waste our time pursuing whatever it is we are attempting to pursue and, 2) we don't endanger our integrity for nothing.

this is especially true in the work force. one of the largest insults to an ENTJ is to say you aren't the best in the workplace and sexual harassment complaints do nothing for that reputation.

speaking from personal experience, in my work place there are only two people that i would utter a single joke about sex in the presence of, and that is only now because i crossed every T and dotted ever I on the checklist of mutual conversation with each individual. we are very good at subtle when we want to be (mostly because most people really aren't expecting it, they just don't see it when we are) we usually test the waters first.

i guess to help apply that to your situation you would have to think did the compliments start out small and slowly get bigger and bigger.

this can be explained by some as desperation, or an increase in affection, but i say it is more that he is building up to a trust relationship where he is sure you are reciprocal in his advances.

they say we ENTJ are as Blunt as Axes and Subtle as Bricks, but don't for a second think we can't fly under the radar every now and then.

as a matter of interest, are you interested in this ENTJ?

either way, if i am right he would appreciate some subtle, yet firm instruction on your intentions and feelings.
    Actualized type: ENTJ
    Extroverted (E) 64.71% Introverted (I) 35.29%
    Intuitive (N) 56.1% Sensing (S) 43.9%
    Thinking (T) 68.42% Feeling (F) 31.58%
    Judging (J) 65% Perceiving (P) 35%

ENTJ - "Field Marshall". The basic driving force and need is to lead. Tend to seek a position of responsibility and enjoys being an executive. 1.8% of total population.

http://hubpages.com/profile/Joshywa1

MBTI
    INFP

Ok...let me tell you something about one or two ENTJs from experience.
    They like to get to business, even if they don't really know you.
    You're like a "goal". If they like you they don't stop and will go through a lot just to get your attention.
    I remember this guy who took my necklace to "compliment it".
    (Yeah, I'm not that clueless=>booobiiieess!)
    I thought long and hard about the "niceties" guys do for girls:
    1)Let me kiss your hand, so that your breasts get in the picture when I look up to your "face."
    2) Let me hold the door for you, so I can get a better view of your butt.
    Nobody is nice without a reason.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ENTJ Extraordinaire View Post
    This Post has made me think quite a bit. i guess you have to decide if his compliments are Flirtatious, or if they are heartfelt.

if he is anythiing like me, believe me when i say anything he says in that line is going to be very very literal. so if he says you are awesome, he means it. we don't pussy foot around, and we don't pander to peoples emotions rather well

perhaps he is just getting in your pants, but generally for me, when that is the only intention, i am usually very upfront about it, or i hint in the most obvious of ways. i will tell sex jokes, and talk about it, and test those waters with the person for about a week, and if they give me what seems to be an all clear, then i would make a very very VERY obvious move and there would be no way of confusing it with just complimenting someone.

i give compliments rather sparingly, mostly because generally i don't feel people are that worthy of compliments, but when i give them they are generally given with the intention of presenting openness and honesty. We think almost as literally as we think.

when you say CONSTANTLY how often are we talking? say...per day?
    Everytime we talk and he tries to look out for me.
    Last edited by ReadingRainbows; 02-18-2009 at 07:42 AM. Reason: spelling error
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    2) Let me hold the door for you, so I can get a better view of your butt.
    Nobody is nice without a reason.
    WHOA. So everytime someone holds a door open for me they are checking out my butt?! Awesome. Wait, thinking about some of the people that have held the door open for me, not so awesome.

Rainbows, I say that if you like the guy go out with him and see what his intentions are. There is a chance he likes you and wants more than just sex from you.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    WHOA. So everytime someone holds a door open for me they are checking out my butt?! Awesome. Wait, thinking about some of the people that have held the door open for me, not so awesome.

Rainbows, I say that if you like the guy go out with him and see what his intentions are. There is a chance he likes you and wants more than just sex from you.
    Aw, don't be disappointed. That's not all they think about. I promise.
    (They do think about it a whole lot though. Just a simple deduction I noticed with guys in my experience that is.)
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-