User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Mark me down as another NT who listens to music for the atmosphere and not the lyrics.

Generally, I think of vocals as an extra instrument that accompany a song. There are a few exceptions where I would like the song more for the lyrics--John Lennon's Imagine, being a good examples of this. An example of a song that I like in spite of god-awful lyrics would be The Pixies' Wave of Mutilation. . .I can't really think of the name of a song that I can't stand because of the lyrics alone, but there are a few.

I am a fan of more mellow, melancholic music. I also greatly enjoy orchestral music and instrumental music. Like others, I prefer "giberrish" or not knowing the language of a song I'm listening to. I prefer songs with musical variance and generally can't stand rap/hip-hop. I can't bear to listen to dubstep or country. I do like rock quite a bit, although I'm not sure whether I could quantify liking rock or orchestral songs more. I do like pop a little but it can get old really quickly. I don't like death metal, screamo, or any genre that feels inauthentic and like it's trying too hard. I hate pretty much everything on the radio.

Of course, since musical taste is so subjective, it's something that I never like discussing with others because I'm picky about what I like and I don't expect others to like what I do.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    What kind of funkier, layered stuff and oldies? R&B, or rock, or everything?
    A little bit of everything.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Blank View Post
    Of course, since musical taste is so subjective, it's something that I never like discussing with others because I'm picky about what I like and I don't expect others to like what I do.
    I don't mind discussing with others, I just usually can't explain exactly what I get out of a piece of music. The part of it that I am able to put into words is just the tip of the iceberg.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...