User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Difference between genius and normal peson or just between intuitive and sensing?

Hello all,
    We know that most geniuses cared more about things (systems, music, physics, religion whatever) than people... but is it just because of the diference between itntuitive and sensing or not?? or a differnce of another functions-
    and what about you are you a more interested in people or things?....
    I...74%
    N...66%
    F... 62%
    P... 72%
    Ti- Ne- Si- Fe
    Te- Ni-Fi- Se
    Ennegramm: 4w5
    Intrapersonal with Logical- Mathemathical I.
    Cassification: brunette East- baltid^^

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

That's part of it; caring for abstract systems (as your apparent hero there did) over human feelings is pretty characteristically NT (not just N...NFs are much more personally involved with those around them.)
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Can't there be geniuses in the so-called social sciences? Wouldn't they be interested in people; more so than things?

MBTI
    epyT
    Enneagram

Thread making must be an art....
    Only after disaster can we be resurrected.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Genius? That's a word I never heard in a long time...

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Typology View Post
    Thread making must be an art....
    Lol... dick move imo! take into account English isn't exactly his first language :P it's prolly like his 8th...

Secondly there is a HUGE pro-N bias on this message board which has devolved into the silent belief that "Senors can't do physics or philosophy or anything other than art", which is utterly retarded. So no, I don't think genius vs normity is about N vs S.... Ns just linger here so you have this incredible bias because the intelligent sensors are out in the "real world" applying and doing.

"When you little scamps get together, you're worse than a sewing circle"

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I m sorry for my " creative use of the english language" i ended working on my english propably two years ago... but i ll promise it will get better!

But there are some sensing "geniuses"( do not know the exact word in english): mozart f. example, or ricahrd wagner or van gogh, for example... so genius in arts, which is proplably dominated by introverted Sensors
    I...74%
    N...66%
    F... 62%
    P... 72%
    Ti- Ne- Si- Fe
    Te- Ni-Fi- Se

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

But there are some sensing "geniuses"( do not know the exact word in english): mozart f. example, or ricahrd wagner or van gogh, for example... so genius in arts, which is proplably dominated by introverted Sensors
    See there you are assuming too! Sensors can only be good at the arts and music.... not true!

I was reading Planck's biography the other day. I thought it sounded very much like ISTJ or ESTJ in terms of how he approached physics (as well as trying to weather the storm of Naziism - encouraging other german physicists to remain at current posts)

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    See there you are assuming too! Sensors can only be good at the arts and music.... not true!

I was reading Planck's biography the other day. I thought it sounded very much like ISTJ or ESTJ in terms of how he approached physics (as well as trying to weather the storm of Naziism - encouraging other german physicists to remain at current posts)
    True, propably i do not know that many examples of them...
    Well, Planck is German, we all know there are only ISTJ germans (just joking
    )
    But joking aside, i must admit i know too little about planck, but istj can get quiet into a matter, so they become riggid masters of it, but it is not what you can call "innovative genius" or something in that way propably...
    I...74%
    N...66%
    F... 62%
    P... 72%
    Ti- Ne- Si- Fe
    Te- Ni-Fi- Se

ISTPs own at science and most things in general. Their precision and learning of techniques is awesome. ISTJs are very effective also.

The problem that occurs often on here is people think there is only one way from A to B. There are many paths, and with a lifetime of having certain functions, each type learns to use them very adaptively. All types can have high IQs and all can be creative.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.