First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Lexlike View Post
    I m sorry for my " creative use of the english language" i ended working on my english propably two years ago... but i ll promise it will get better!

But there are some sensing "geniuses"( do not know the exact word in english): mozart f. example, or ricahrd wagner or van gogh, for example... so genius in arts, which is proplably dominated by introverted Sensors
    How about Hendrix (ISFP)?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lexlike View Post
    Hello all,
    We know that most geniuses cared more about things (systems, music, physics, religion whatever) than people... but is it just because of the diference between itntuitive and sensing or not?? or a differnce of another functions-
    and what about you are you a more interested in people or things?....
    wow... rock on !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    How about Hendrix (ISFP)?
    Yes.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    I think genius is sort of an artificial grouping. the topicality needs to be addressed a little better before you start trying to type them.

a genius tattoo artist-an ISTP
    a genius physicist-an INTP
    a genius physician-an INTJ
    a genius painter-I dont know

see what I mean?
    There are so many assumptions there. If you type great guitarists as SP because of their skill, then go on to say that they're great guitarists because they're SP, that's circular reasoning.

Similarly, I have issues with the IQ test-definition of "genius". If the IQ test is designed to test intuitiveness, intuitives would score higher. Does that mean that geniuses tend to be intuitives? No, it just means that they scored higher on a test that was designed to test that function.

Another parallel can be drawn with ISTJs and history tests.

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    having said that in the sciences I have seen-biology, biochemistry, chemistry, physics, and math, Ss not only are they not great but are usually pretty unhappy at it. IQ is not the issue, but thier innate tendancy is not to think this way. The Ss who end up in advanced studies here tend to have been med-school wannabies or have a family tradition of Ns in the field and they think the field thus defines thier success.
    I am curious about how many people you have met in these fields. Or is it a general impression based on existing prejudices?

Among the biochemists whom I know, the ISTJ in the lab next door and the ESTJ in my lab are the most competent people I have ever worked with. They are not only good at what they do - they're also very interested in how things can be improved (but their first tendency is to rely on the old method). Being innovative may not be their "innate" way of processing things, but they're a hell of a lot better at it than some of the supposed intuitives I know, who just go off on all tangents with no focus (and therefore no result).

I am also curious how you managed to distill sensor types in science down to "med-school wannabies [sic]" or people trying to conform to their families. Neither of the SJs I listed as examples above are in that category, nor are many of the other SPs and SJs I know in the department.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

How about the fact that many "geniuses" are probably ignored and sidelined. Some never get acknowledge at all, or decades, even hundreds of years after their time.
    A prime example would be Gregor Mendel. I don't know what MBTI type he would be. Maybe an ISTJ?
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Riva

stop talking about me.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    How about the fact that many "geniuses" are probably ignored and sidelined. Some never get acknowledge at all, or decades, even hundreds of years after their time.
    Dude, the issue is that's how most failed artists and idiots think of themselves.

Maybe it's time to grow up and stop trying to put flashy stickers on everybody's forefronts.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    Some never get acknowledge at all, or decades, even hundreds of years after their time.
    A prime example would be Gregor Mendel. I don't know what MBTI type he would be. Maybe an ISTJ?
    He was acknowledged in his time, most people just didn't understand the theory (though attempts were made) untill the beginning of 1900's..

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

here's a working definition for ya:
    Genius: The way self proclaimed intellectuals like to think of themselves
    normal: the way self proclaimed intellectuals think of you.

Makes things really fascinatingly funny when you put two of those together.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    Lol... dick move imo! take into account English isn't exactly his first language :P it's prolly like his 8th...

Secondly there is a HUGE pro-N bias on this message board which has devolved into the silent belief that "Senors can't do physics or philosophy or anything other than art", which is utterly retarded. So no, I don't think genius vs normity is about N vs S.... Ns just linger here so you have this incredible bias because the intelligent sensors are out in the "real world" applying and doing.

"When you little scamps get together, you're worse than a sewing circle"
    bravo well said.

and i have some more to add (if you bother reading at all)

well although i agree with nozflubber i must point out that most Genius type of guys are Intuitive s. but the thing is Intuitiveness(intuition) is not a Unique feature only shared by N types. the difference between a sensor and a N type is that an N type is open to his/her intuition. whereas S types are rather suspicious about it. they want proof(concrete examples and proof). and as we all know intuition doesn't give you proof because it doesn't speak English. so S types don't act on their intuition. and i have noticed the more you are open to your intuition(the more you act on it) the more you get intuitive answers. these hunches.

what is Intuition anyway. well the easiest way to describe intuition is "the immediate apprehension of an object by the mind without the intervention of any reasoning process".

and why do you get intuitive answers? well the simplest reason behind is as i see it is that when you really badly wants to know something and you do not base your answer on past experiences(like S type) you just GET IT. you really don't know where you get it from but you just do. i am pretty sure S types get these hunches too, but they don't act on it. and are rather suspicious about it. so they mus be also getting these BRILLIANT theories like N types but they don't act on it/believe it. (dammit i am repeating myself)

so you see, there is a genius inside every one of us, giving us hunches. but only few are ready to accept those AHA moments.