• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Would you try to date me?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
To be honest I know almost nothing about this and I never had a opportunity to see where I stand in this. Since most of you know me for sometime it occured to me that I could pop up the question/thread.

Why yes, why not ?

Btw I am a heterosexual male.
I don't mind bluntness if that would make things easier to say.
If it is not obvious I am asking purely from personality perspective.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
You can be as straight as you want, but if you keep asking me to try and date you, I can guarantee people are going to start asking questions.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I definitely wouldn't play a game of chess with you ;) but I really don't know you well enough to say yay or nay.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you want blunt?

i would not...i don't know you very well but i need to be with someone that at least understands an emotional perspective even if they don't share it.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I would antisocial... I love a challenge... but not so fond of punches in the face for shedding a tear over my dog dying! sooooo be gentle with me and I'll be gentle with you ;)

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
(Other than the fact that I don't know you, you live far away, we are fluent in different languages, etc.)

Speaking purely from a theoretical personality standpoint... definitely no. Maybe after you take a sociology course. And a psychology course.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I actually view antisocial's awareness of his lack of emotional intelligence as something that most people who are emotionally unintelligent fail to realize about themselves. So that's kind of leaps and bounds ahead of the curve.

This reminds me of knowing a few people who have been married three times or more before they start figuring out what the whole marriage thing is about. Third time may be a charm, but I certainly wouldn't want to be one and two. The life of a lab rat is not a merry one.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i certainly hope you were not calling me emotionally unintelligent.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Absolutely not.
You're purely theoretical standpoint on everything, and lack of emotion would drive me insane!

But, on a different note, I think I would love to be your friend! Love to be around people with different viewpoints from the "norm" and hear what they have to say.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ agreed and important to add, i'm sorry that i didn't. i'd totally be your friend and help you with your relationships. :D

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Uh, why would you think I was? I was responding to the OP.

because my response had to do with his lack of understanding an emotional perspective...so it fit....sorry, just thought i'd ask to be sure.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
A little too rabid pit bull for me. And I usually get along with INTJ. Although I've never dated one, past that one day where we wandered around together all day talking about possibly dating.

I usually see INTJ as open to thoughts, their whole point is to understand and appreciate thoughts. I don't see that so much with you.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I definitely wouldn't play a game of chess with you ;) but I really don't know you well enough to say yay or nay.

I admit, that game of Risk in desciribed in that thread was not something nice do to.

No. (I am female.)

I know.

you want blunt?

i would not...i don't know you very well but i need to be with someone that at least understands an emotional perspective even if they don't share it.

Ok.

I would antisocial... I love a challenge... but not so fond of punches in the face for shedding a tear over my dog dying! sooooo be gentle with me and I'll be gentle with you ;)

Why do you think I would punch you? (unless this is an metaphor)
I think you would find me more accepting then you think. I would probably buy a new one just make you happy. To me it is unacceptable that entire thing falls apart because of something so trivial.

But to be honest I would probably be wondering why you have a dog in the first place behind your back.

If it is not obvious I never had a pet in my life.

I actually view antisocial's awareness of his lack of emotional intelligence as something that most people who are emotionally unintelligent fail to realize about themselves. So that's kind of leaps and bounds ahead of the curve.

This reminds me of knowing a few people who have been married three times or more before they start figuring out what the whole marriage thing is about. Third time may be a charm, but I certainly wouldn't want to be one and two. The life of a lab rat is not a merry one.

I think that this is not that much about emotional inteligence as much as lack of affection and empathy/sympathy.

Absolutely not.
You're purely theoretical standpoint on everything, and lack of emotion would drive me insane!

But, on a different note, I think I would love to be your friend! Love to be around people with different viewpoints from the "norm" and hear what they have to say.

^^ agreed and important to add, i'm sorry that i didn't. i'd totally be your friend and help you with your relationships. :D

I was just waiting how long it will take to get replies like those two.
But that does not mean that I have something against them.
Why it is a problem for you if a guy is quite theoretical? (just curious)

A little too rabid pit bull for me. And I usually get along with INTJ. Although I've never dated one, past that one day where we wandered around together all day talking about possibly dating.

I usually see INTJ as open to thoughts, their whole point is to understand and appreciate thoughts. I don't see that so much with you.

Makes sense.
I am open but I have something called low agreement, so it looks like that I don't see the position of another person.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
No. I am emotionally high maintenance and I need a lot of love, affection and attention. I also like to give it.This doesn't sound like it would work for either of us!

On a different note, I could never date anyone who didn't love my dogs. Even Daniel Craig. That's a dealbreaker for me if ever there was one.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was just waiting how long it will take to get replies like those two.
But that does not mean that I have something against them.
Why it is a problem for you if a guy is quite theoretical? (just curious)

i have NO problem with theoretical...i have a problem not being understood...i'm an emotional person, extremely empathetic and i would need that to be appreciated and understood by whoever i was with.

did i misunderstand you?

heart

heart on fire
You're too young for me and I am married so no. Plus I'd probably drive a thinker to the loony bin.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
i have NO problem with theoretical...i have a problem not being understood...i'm an emotional person, extremely empathetic and i would need that to be appreciated and understood by whoever i was with.

did i misunderstand you?

I was talking to Short. Since she said that I was thinking you will see it.
I was replying to both posts at once there. Sorry.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I think that this is not that much about emotional inteligence as much as lack of affection and empathy/sympathy.

Well you said we could be blunt! :rolleyes:

How do you believe it's more about lack of affection and sympathy/empathy?

The questions you ask on the forum lead me to believe you struggle with EQ in any way I've found it defined or presented. Would you say you do any of these averagely to well?

1. Perceiving emotions — the ability to detect and decipher emotions in faces, pictures, voices, and cultural artifacts- including the ability to identify one’s own emotions. Perceiving emotions represents a basic aspect of emotional intelligence, as it makes all other processing of emotional information possible.
  2. Using emotions — the ability to harness emotions to facilitate various cognitive activities, such as thinking and problem solving. The emotionally intelligent person can capitalize fully upon his or her changing moods in order to best fit the task at hand.
  3. Understanding emotions — the ability to comprehend emotion language and to appreciate complicated relationships among emotions. For example, understanding emotions encompasses the ability to be sensitive to slight variations between emotions, and the ability to recognize and describe how emotions evolve over time.
  4. Managing emotions — the ability to regulate emotions in both ourselves and in others. Therefore, the emotionally intelligent person can harness emotions, even negative ones, and manage them to achieve intended goals.

OR

1. Self-awareness — the ability to read one's emotions and recognize their impact while using gut feelings to guide decisions.
  2. Self-management — involves controlling one's emotions and impulses and adapting to changing circumstances.
  3. Social awareness — the ability to sense, understand, and react to others' emotions while comprehending social networks.
  4. Relationship management — the ability to inspire, influence, and develop others while managing conflict.