• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Would you try to date me?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Well it looks like that you and I define empathy in a different way.

Well my philosophy is that most things in life are irrelevant or not much relevant so I am not bothered by rejection. I am simply not that kind of a person and I never was.

I am not sure in which cases I wouldn't take "No" for an answer but I know myself well to know that such situations are possible. There is simply too much variables for me to give you an real answer on this question.

Well I also have a strong need to figure out things but I know when I should be doing something else. Especially since I know that in most cases I can simply come back and finish then.

However we personally define empathy, there is a standard definition.

I don't think I am very much able to leave something and come back to it later. It's a skill I would like to learn.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
However we personally define empathy, there is a standard definition

I don't think I am very much able to leave something and come back to it later. It's a skill I would like to learn.

I could be wrong but I think that all languages have a little bit different definition of that word.

I am sure you would like to learn that skill, but that would mean that you would not be the same person anymore. Do you really want that ?

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I could be wrong but I think that all languages have a little bit different definition of that word.

I am sure you would like to learn that skill, but that would mean that you would not be the same person anymore. Do you really want that ?

Possibly, but we are speaking English.

That's a good question. I don't want to change myself, I just want the ability to have the option to change my sense of urgency when things are not so urgent. It's less about change and more about refining. I think.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Possibly, but we are speaking English.

That's a good question. I don't want to change myself, I just want the ability to have the option to change my sense of urgency when things are not so urgent. It's less about change and more about refining. I think.

The thing is that this skill can't be learned without having a consequences on the way you think/operate. Because this is a change of life philosophy to some degree.

On the other hand I could use more P in my life since I am too J. Espeically since my environment is quite Pish. I can even give you exmples if you want to.

I adapt to this by creating a "just try to adapt plan " but this is nothing more then a adaption. Which means that I don't naturally fit in.

This main reason why I like various games is because there I can finally let my J run amok. Without losing my adaptibility to chaos in the places that matter.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
The thing is that this skill can't be learned without having a consequences on the way you think/operate. Because this is a change of life philosophy to some degree.

On the other hand I could use more P in my life since I am too J. Espeically since my environment is quite Pish. I can even give you exmples if you want.

I adapt to this by creating a "just try to adapt plan " but this is nothing more then a adaption. Which means that I don't naturally fit in.

This main reason why I like various games is because there I can finally let my J run amok. Without losing my adaptibility to chaos in the places that matter.

Yes, I would love some examples, if you don't mind.

A try to adapt plan? That is hilariously adorable! :rofl1:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Yes, I would love some examples, if you don't mind.

A try to adapt plan? That is hilariously adorable! :rofl1:

This is because I can't just be spontaneous. I simply can do it so I have to make a decision not to make any real plans and calucualtions so that I can get along with environment.

Here are some examples.

When I was a kid my parents bought a Christmas tree. But when the time has come to throw it away no one cared. So that Christmas tree stayed there until the middle of May.

Your profesor says to you that you just have to pass some test and you are done since there will be no verbal examination and you get the date when you have to pick up your grade. But a day before that date you get a massage " Prepare yourself, there will be a verbal examination tomorrow"

You make an appointment with some guy so that you can just hang out togather. But he simply doesn't show up in the end . Because he went somewhere else.(but he didn't call, since he forgot )

I mean OK life is chaotic and things like this can happen to anyone but you can't do this to me three times in a row.

When this global economic crisis has started my goverment said that they don't have any real numbers how this will efect the country and that they will not explore this to detalis.
How we do politics here is a long story but one of those hard to believe stories.

Over here it is normal to work something that has nothing to do with your education. They usually just require a college diploma of any kind to prove that you are smart and they expect you to learn the job as you go.

Once one of my profesors was too laizy to correct the test of entire group so she said that we can just take out our notebooks and rewrite everything so that she can just give A to everyone without much reading.

Those were some of the example that crossed my mind.

This is why I have said that most people around me think that I am some sort of megalomaniac in the process of creatinon that will one day start to take control over everything for personal gain. Since I am clearly more J then the society. Especially since it is a public secret that they most organized part of the country is organized crime.

Plus I am good in a big picture thinking. While most people over here don't think about deeper consequences for the most part.

What is interesting to me is that your politicians calim how big work they did by bringing communism down. I mean, its is a wonder that it lasted as longs as it did if you include this into the equation.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Hahaha, your country sounds like paradise to me!!! But it also sounds like it's full of SPs, which is maybe more parasitic than paradisal. Ok, the surprise quiz would irritate me too, though. And also a no-show on an appt. I rarely make appts, so when I do, you better show up!

I can understand not being able to be spontaneous. Some people are just not that way. But to ask the same question, is it a skill that you really want to learn? It would involve a lot of self sacrifice.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Hahaha, your country sounds like paradise to me!!! But it also sounds like it's full of SPs, which is maybe more parasitic than paradisal. Ok, the surprise quiz would irritate me too, though. And also a no-show on an appt. I rarely make appts, so when I do, you better show up!

I can understand not being able to be spontaneous. Some people are just not that way. But to ask the same question, is it a skill that you really want to learn? It would involve a lot of self sacrifice.

I had a feeling that it would sound like that to you and you are right the place is full of SPs.

No, I would not like to be really spontaneous since all of my main strengths are conected with my J and as you see I am J enough to make plans about how to adapt so I don't even see a practical need to do it.
Plus, I am not even sure this can be done in the first place.

This is why I have once said that I could get along with an ENTJ romantically. Which is because that would be a vecation for both in a place like this one.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I had a feeling that it would sound like that to you and you are right the place is full of SPs.

No, I would not like to be really spontaneous since all of my main strengths are conected with my J and as you see I am J enough to make plans about how to adapt so I don't even see a practical need to do it.
Plus, I am not even sure this can be done in the first place.

This is why I have once said that I could get along with an ENTJ romantically. Which is because that would be a vecation for both in a place like this one.

An ENTJ with an INTJ sounds like :angry: or :duel:. A battle for power and efficiency. A sith lord and his apprentice. I can only imagine the snide comments tossed around during lovemaking. Or "procreation time". Or what would you guys actually call it??? I wait with baited breath. This fascinates me to no end.

No, there is no need to be spontaneous. For me, it's a feeling that no one controls me but I suspect that you rarely get the feeling of being controlled...

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
An ENTJ with an INTJ sounds like :angry: or :duel:. A battle for power and efficiency. A sith lord and his apprentice. I can only imagine the snide comments tossed around during lovemaking. Or "procreation time". Or what would you guys actually call it??? I wait with baited breath. This fascinates me to no end.

No, there is no need to be spontaneous. For me, it's a feeling that no one controls me but I suspect that you rarely get the feeling of being controlled...

Well I took some test about wich type I should date and got ENTJ. I am not saying that I take this as something that is an absolute truth but I can see why did that happen.
Because I have never managed to fully connect by developed my NTJ part with another person. Which is something I would like to experiance just for the sake of it. Plus the last thing I need is a pawn.

There is one more thing and that one is that it wouldn't be not that much fighting if we are both mature and with relatively similar goals.
Plus ploting agains all those SPs could be quite entertaining.
(just guessing)

What fascinates you ? INTJ-ENTJ relationship ?

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I just am fascinated by who would be the "boss" in an NTJ relationship, since both parties seem to want to be the boss. And also seem to think there is a need for a boss.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I just am fascinated by who would be the "boss" in an NTJ relationship, since both parties seem to want to be the boss. And also seem to think there is a need for a boss.

I doubt that there would be boss. It would probably come to the balance of power and each side would control the sphere in which they are stronger.
But to me it looks like this is what could make things interesting since in this combination you can't really turn another side into pawn or a charm. If both are strong NTJs.

But I agree there is something creepy about the idea that a commander and a strategist start a relationship.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Lol, I like your sense of humor.

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
I would think there would be no boss.

I have a pretty close friend who's a very expressed ENTJ, who I've known for about six years. Not a relationship, so no "procreation time", but I laugh at her antics while trying to control other people, and she's realized she can't control me. I can't control her either, but I don't particularly want to.

She's told up front that she divides the people she knows into two categories; the ones she gets to know to figure out what makes them tick or use them and then discard them, and the ones she actually respects. She's told me that I'm in the second category. We used to clash, when both of us were less mature, but now we just find each other amusing and we can have interesting Ni conversations. ENTJs have this crazy thrill-seeking nature that I sort of envy, too.

As long as the ENTJ has enough of a life outside of the relationship to get his/her being-the-boss fix elsewhere, and both types are reasonably mature (as always) I think it could work. Not for me (as far as I can tell from the people I've met) but for some INTJs.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Sonata, that is an interesting perspective. I also get a real kick out of ENTJs but am wary to date one. But ExTJs tend to be my partners in crime...

I guess it is true when they say that INTJ are the funniest when they try not to be.

Possibly. But I'm not laughing at you, to be clear. You just have a comical way of expressing yourself...

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I just can't see this ever happening. Never mind lasting.

One forum member said that its parents are those two types and have seen on INTJf long ago that it can work. But for this you truly need to have two individuals that match each other well.

As I said I don't know much about relationships but to me it looks that this combination is has a certain charm to it that it is not too easy to understand if you are not NTJ.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Maybe it's my sense of humor, I don't know. But I mean that you notice details and have a very plain way of stating things that others would hesitate to say. As a fellow NT, I can identify, but it also seems that you are lacking any awareness of it. It's so innocent that it's comical. Where I simply state a fact and just don't care what people think, you simply state a fact and just aren't aware of what people think.