• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Would you try to date me?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Yeah, sure, Antisocial one.

I'll tell you why-
When I see an INTJ I see a closed mind whose veiws are strictly unchangeable. I don't see that in you, as far as I have come to know you. Reading some of your threads and posts you seem very intelligent, reserved, modest in a sense, and you seek knowledge. That's what I like- when people crave knowledge. I can be the same way, too..but I like it when a person just catches to things. It's weird to say, and you probably don't understand, but I have drawn that vibe from you..it's a good thing. You're not ignorant, you're not mean, you're modest with your knowledge, you're honest about your views, you're very clever and intelligent, and I like that.

Sorry but that post was ment as sarcasm.

One the other hand I dont see how things you have said have much to do with heart.

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ
No offense, but I might just not date you on the principle you had to ask the internet.

Not a confidence and/or reputation thing by far, just some peronal thing I have.

Go find some chick you like and ask her out why don't you?

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
No offense, but I might just not date you on the principle you had to ask the internet.

Not a confidence and/or reputation thing by far, just some peronal thing I have.

Go find some chick you like and ask her out why don't you?

GREETINGS MEMBER WHO I SHALL ASSUME IS NOT WELL ACQUAINTED WITH ANTISOCIAL ONE.

Your logic has one glaring flaw. AO does not have emotions.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
GREETINGS MEMBER WHO I SHALL ASSUME IS NOT WELL ACQUAINTED WITH ANTISOCIAL ONE.

Your logic has one glaring flaw. AO does not have emotions.

!ybab ti od s'teL .nirtsoC etad yllatot d'I

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am curious.

People on this forum know me much better then many people in real life.
So toward people on this forum: On which type(s) I should keep my eye on when it comes to romance? I am not interested in what MBTI says since I know what it says. I am looking for personal opinions.
Also I have my own theories but it will be intresting to see that others think.

Just for the record: I am quite introverted but I am not afraid of people at all.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I am not interested in what MBTI says since I know what it says. I am looking for personal opinions.

I think it depends on what kind of relationship you want. I'd say ENFP if you want to bring balance to who you are (but conflict ridden)... More of a ISFJ if you want someone at home while you are out conquering the world (role position)... If you see yourself as being the supportive one, or the creator, then xNTP works well.

It's probably easier for you to define what you want and see what supports it...

R

Riva

To be honest I know almost nothing about this and I never had a opportunity to see where I stand in this. Since most of you know me for sometime it occured to me that I could pop up the question/thread.

Why yes, why not ?

Btw I am a heterosexual male.
I don't mind bluntness if that would make things easier to say.
If it is not obvious I am asking purely from personality perspective.

i thought you were a female.:devil:

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I think you need someone to teach you how to be an extrovert.:yes:

You can think about this:
would ytou date someone dominant Ne, Te, Se, or Fe.?

Shelovesyoumaybe

MBTI Type
INFP
Uhm, well, I didn't know who the hell you were when I clicked on this thread. After wasting 15 minutes of my life reading through the 14 pages, I've come to the realization that I could never date you - no matter if the circumstances were in our favor.

If you would like an explanation as to why, feel free to ask. But I have a feeling that you don't, and that you saying you have no emotions whatsoever is just a front that you put up to protect yourself. If you would let your guard down and get your head out of logic's ass, only then would I even consider dating you.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Uhm, well, I didn't know who the hell you were when I clicked on this thread. After wasting 15 minutes of my life reading through the 14 pages, I've come to the realization that I could never date you - no matter if the circumstances were in our favor.

If you would like an explanation as to why, feel free to ask. But I have a feeling that you don't, and that you saying you have no emotions whatsoever is just a front that you put up to protect yourself. If you would let your guard down and get your head out of logic's ass, only then would I even consider dating you.

Hey now, that's not very nice!

I think that AO is being sincere. He has never claimed to not have emotions whatsoever, just that he has them much less often, and is effected by them much less than average person. Which is believable, imo. There has to be an outlier, and AO is one of them.

Perhaps it is possible for him to "unlock" his emotions, but if so, I think it is evident that he has no idea how, and I certainly don't know how.

Course, you wouldn't be the first to think this. But I think AO is misunderstood.

Shelovesyoumaybe

MBTI Type
INFP
Hey now, that's not very nice!
Worse then other comments on here? I'm simply stating my opinions and feelings as truthfully as I can.

I think that AO is being sincere. He has never claimed to not have emotions whatsoever, just that he has them much less often, and is effected by them much less than average person. Which is believable, imo. There has to be an outlier, and AO is one of them.
If he has not directly said it, (which I am sure he has, I'm just too lazy to go back and find the particular quote I am thinking of) he certainly implies that he has no romantic emotions whatsoever. (and I did mean romantic, sorry for not clarifying) Anyways, he seems to brag about it and that completely turns me off. In another post he admitted he may be too confident - another major turn off. I am an INFP, and I do need someone emotionally sensitive, but I also need someone who isn't proudly basking in their obvious flaws.

Perhaps it is possible for him to "unlock" his emotions, but if so, I think it is evident that he has no idea how, and I certainly don't know how.
Hm...I see your point and I understand. I do. You say you don't know how, but yet you in no way rub off on me the way he does. From what I have seen, you can laugh at yourself and you don't seem to be overly proud and gloating in the fact that you're horrible at expressing any soft, sensitive or romantic emotion like he does. I'm not even convinced that he WANTS to "unlock" his emotions.

I don't know him and I don't claim to have him all figured out, I'm just going by the vibes that I've gotten from his past postings. I have a few INTP, INTJ friends and I love them. They over think things, they're completely and totally analytical and I have to practically beg to get them to hug me much less spill their guts. But, they WANT to become more sensitive and they WANT to express their feelings. They WANT to be able to put themselves out there; they're not afraid of getting hurt and I just don't believe that AO is like that. I feel like for some reason, he's making himself incapable of putting his emotional guard down.

Course, you wouldn't be the first to think this. But I think AO is misunderstood.
You could be completely right. I could be totally misunderstanding him - it's highly possible and I don't want to seem that I'm attacking. I'm just simply stating the vibes and feelings I'm getting from him. I'd love for him to prove me wrong.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Worse then other comments on here? I'm simply stating my opinions and feelings as truthfully as I can.

It's ok, my statement was mostly sarcasm, mostly.

If he has not directly said it, (which I am sure he has, I'm just too lazy to go back and find the particular quote I am thinking of) he certainly implies that he has no romantic emotions whatsoever. (and I did mean romantic, sorry for not clarifying) Anyways, he seems to brag about it and that completely turns me off. In another post he admitted he may be too confident - another major turn off. I am an INFP, and I do need someone emotionally sensitive, but I also need someone who isn't proudly basking in their obvious flaws.

Right, I think this is where the misunderstanding comes in. I think he is simply stating facts about himself, but this comes off as bragging to others. Doesn't help that English isn't his first language.

Hm...I see your point and I understand. I do. You say you don't know how, but yet you in no way rub off on me the way he does. From what I have seen, you can laugh at yourself and you don't seem to be overly proud and gloating in the fact that you're horrible at expressing any soft, sensitive or romantic emotion like he does. I'm not even convinced that he WANTS to "unlock" his emotions.

Actually, I may agree with you here. It doesn't seem like he wants to unlock his emotions, but I think that's possibly because he hasn't experienced them so he doesn't know what he's missing out on, he can't know, not having the experiential background.

I don't know him and I don't claim to have him all figured out, I'm just going by the vibes that I've gotten from his past postings. I have a few INTP, INTJ friends and I love them. They over think things, they're completely and totally analytical and I have to practically beg to get them to hug me much less spill their guts. But, they WANT to become more sensitive and they WANT to express their feelings. They WANT to be able to put themselves out there; they're not afraid of getting hurt and I just don't believe that AO is like that. I feel like for some reason, he's making himself incapable of putting his emotional guard down.

Yeah, I can relate to wanting to feel more, but in the past I wasn't that way. I didn't feel things, so I didn't know that feelings things were so enjoyable. :p

You could be completely right. I could be totally misunderstanding him - it's highly possible and I don't want to seem that I'm attacking. I'm just simply stating the vibes and feelings I'm getting from him. I'd love for him to prove me wrong.

Aye. And I'm stating the vibes I'm getting from him. I could be wrong too. I used to think the way you did too, but as I've continued to read his posts, I came to the conclusion that he is just a bit of a bad communicator. ;)

Shelovesyoumaybe

MBTI Type
INFP
It's ok, my statement was mostly sarcasm, mostly.
Ah, okay. ;)

Right, I think this is where the misunderstanding comes in. I think he is simply stating facts about himself, but this comes off as bragging to others. Doesn't help that English isn't his first language.
Ah-ha...I see. I see. That makes a lot of sense. I'm willing to believe and sincerely hope that's the truth.

Actually, I may agree with you here. It doesn't seem like he wants to unlock his emotions, but I think that's possibly because he hasn't experienced them so he doesn't know what he's missing out on, he can't know, not having the experiential background.
That also makes a lot of sense. Now I feel bad for seemingly making snap judgment (which is one of the worst sins in my opinion, haha). Do you think a balanced NF could be what he needs? Someone who could slowly draw those deep emotions out of him? Show him how to really feel? Sure, they'd probably have to be more thick-skinned then most NF's b/c of his persistent denial/and or whatever else, but if they preserved they might could get a really good, balanced relationship out of him.

Yeah, I can relate to wanting to feel more, but in the past I wasn't that way. I didn't feel things, so I didn't know that feelings things were so enjoyable. :p
That really makes a lot of sense. I can't personally relate, because I feel almost too much. But I really can see that being his case.

Aye. And I'm stating the vibes I'm getting from him. I could be wrong too. I used to think the way you did too, but as I've continued to read his posts, I came to the conclusion that he is just a bit of a bad communicator. ;)
I hope you're right and I hope he doesn't think I'm attacking or hating on him. I'm just very...turned off, you might say :D But, I naturally look at people like him as a challenge. Although I'd likely leave whatever relationship we had (IF we could over the terribly big barrier of unattractive) because I wouldn't be patient enough to change him.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Ah, okay. ;)

Yup. And please don't interpret that I was attacking you, I was just defendin' mah buddy here.

Ah-ha...I see. I see. That makes a lot of sense. I'm willing to believe and sincerely hope that's the truth.

Ayup.

That also makes a lot of sense. Now I feel bad for seemingly making snap judgment (which is one of the worst sins in my opinion, haha).

Don't feel bad. It was corrected in the end. No harm done, eh?

Do you think a balanced NF could be what he needs? Someone who could slowly draw those deep emotions out of him? Show him how to really feel? Sure, they'd probably have to be more thick-skinned then most NF's b/c of his persistent denial/and or whatever else, but if they preserved they might could get a really good, balanced relationship out of him.

Possibly. I honestly have no idea. What unlocked my emotions? I'm not sure.

That really makes a lot of sense. I can't personally relate, because I feel almost too much. But I really can see that being his case.

Ya, common TvF difference, although highly exaggerated in this case.

I hope you're right and I hope he doesn't think I'm attacking or hating on him. I'm just very...turned off, you might say :D But, I naturally look at people like him as a challenge. Although I'd likely leave whatever relationship we had (IF we could over the terribly big barrier of unattractive) because I wouldn't be patient enough to change him.

He'll be ok. He'll probably look at it as a learning experience, seeing interesting perspectives (especially my posts, I'm not sure I've said this to him directly... ). Hopefully he'll unlock 'em someday, but maybe he won't. He seems satisfied with how he is right now (which is part of the problem), so he'll be ok.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4

I saw this and just had to comment on it, because I've had some people say this to me.

Some people (probably T types) genuinely don't have strong emotions to protect, and naturally come off cold without having to hide anything. This statement hits a raw nerve of because of people who try to read me and don't understand anything about me. Just because you(not personal) have all these emotions and feel the need to protect them doesn't mean that someone else has to be that way if they seem cold.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
It looks like I have some explaining to do. I will do so when I have more time.
What will be soon.

Shelovesyoumaybe

MBTI Type
INFP
Yup. And please don't interpret that I was attacking you, I was just defendin' mah buddy here.
Don't worry, I completely understand. I apologize if I came off as arrogant and/or attacking.

Don't feel bad. It was corrected in the end. No harm done, eh?
:yes:

Hopefully he'll unlock 'em someday, but maybe he won't. He seems satisfied with how he is right now (which is part of the problem), so he'll be ok.
Exactly. I think that is most of the problem. Maybe he'll realize that and start opening up :)