half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Completely relative.
    I've known women who have proposed marriage to their SO.
    It's a mixture of social conditioning and personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Completely relative.
    I've known women who have proposed marriage to their SO.
    It's a mixture of social conditioning and personal preference.
    Well I thought that it probably was.

However I will ask you one more thing. Once you said that you really like to be suprised. So I am wondering if are thinking about "same" thing.
    Here is the story.

Usually I just keep everything to myself but sometimes I give people my attention. However sometimes and in a very rare situations I deliberately act like a real eccentric just for the sake of it.

Once I got invited to a private party. Nothing big, just a mild socialization between people of the same age. (early 20s)
    So since I haven't done anything social for months I said "Why not, I will be there". But the entire thing was low buget so the deal was that everyone has to bring their own drink (aka alcohol). But I am not a big fan of alcohol plus I had to study next morning. So I went to the nearby store and bought a few packages of milk and went to the party with that.

So when I got there I shocked (litterally) everyone when I started to pull those milk packeges at the table. But some of them were sure that I am just messing with them. You know that "Yeah, nice try" attitude.
    But when I have opened the first package and pull out a bag out of my jacket in which was a straw that ended up in a milk package. That almost kill them. So, I were drinking milk the whole night long.

Even today I remember faces of people which didn't know me before that night. However I have managed to pull the joke to the end without looking like an ass. Especially since most of people there were NPs (plus some SPs) so they took it as joke. (since it was a joke actually)

Is this the ability to suprise you were talking about ?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I love that story. Absolutely love it. I *wish* you would have thought to bring along soy, almond or rice milk for all the non dairy drinkers, but other than that, you would have been fast tracked to becoming one of my most favorite people.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

If I wasn't already dating Solitary Walker, perhaps.

I love that story. Absolutely love it. I *wish* you would have thought to bring along soy, almond or rice milk for all the non dairy drinkers, but other than that, you would have been fast tracked to becoming one of my most favorite people.

Well, truth to be told I like to play with social conventions from time to time..
    But to be honest I find this "skill" quite useful if I don't want to comes as robotic.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

And this will take you far in life, at least with that ENTP girl you are thinking about. I don't know if an SFJ would find that amusing. But I think it's great.

And this will take you far in life, at least with that ENTP girl you are thinking about. I don't know if an SFJ would find that amusing. But I think it's great.
    Well, I was thinking about her since I don't see anything in that direction. I simply said that I will be on a look out.

But it looks to me that Ne-doms in general appriciate this "skill".

MBTI
    ESFJ

Amusing, No. Quirky, Yes.

You never quite know what to expect with an INTJ. It keeps you on your toes, and thats always a good thing.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Well it has been some time since this thread was active.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Have you gotten anyone to date you yet?