half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    And finally, as I mentioned before, there's a certain lack in the NTJ relationship, I think. I mean, I need a certain amount of petting. Now Im not some NF that's gonna cry that out on a mountain top with a sparkle-megaphone but its true. And having been raised by an INTJ, I know that even if its something that would have to pried from your cold, dead lips the same is true of yall. I dunno if the rest of the NTs are like this. I get the impression from the NTPs that the desire for affection is not interpreted necessarily as moral weakness. So that type of individual might be someone to consider also.

In all you seem like a smart, interesting kind of guy. I wrote all this to advise away from trying to find your extraverted clone. Because while theoretically, it sounds good, but practically it falls apart. Hell, I'd go so far as to say stay away from NTs period. NT women are complicated. If I had to do it all over again, I'd find a nice SF or STJ who thought I was wonderful and did all the nice coupley stuff without all the "N"-related hoops and baggage. You don't really get a say, but I think there is a certain level of shenanigans that one should try to avoid with romance.
    If I'm into a guy, he's gonna be bombarded with silly hugs and kisses constantly, whether he likes it or not.:steam: Physicality is the sole reason why we are not only friends, but lovers. My man is my man, and I will show him affection and attention. (at least, whenever I am home and not distracted by my latest gadget )

I think NT women are incredibly straight forward, as you and I have been. If you think NT women are complicated, try explaining to an ESxJ chick why you don't want to spend Christmas at her mother's house. Hide all the breakable flatware and good luck! hahaha...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Well, my drawers are orgenized since I don't see too much point in having them if they are just another storage area.

But OK, I am a strong J so I have an excuse about making order around me. .

I am curious, how long can you survive without being in conntact with people without falling into a depression ?
    The reason why I ask is because you are E and I have never understod that "I am energized by people" logic.

If you don't want to answer this one you don't have to.
    I can lock myself away for days on end. Weeks, even. Extroverts are energized externally, not necessarily by people. As long as I have a variety of external stimuli (books, magazines, music, internet), I can go days before realizing that I haven't uttered a word to another human being. I am alone most of the time.

It is true though, that when I am in social gatherings, I get jazzed up and hyper beyond belief. The more we talk, the more I want to talk. But if there is no one to talk to, I can just absorb information for weeks and not care. Especially when I am designing a new contraption.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-up Rex View Post
    I think on a certain level your reasoning about the ENTJ/INTJ relationship is sound. I think that NTJs can make great partners and can complement each other in really extraordinary ways. But from my experience of INTJs theres always a certain amount of chemistry thats lacking. I mean, for me to want to get involved with someone romantically there has to be something compelling about the two of us, overwhelming almost. With an INTJ, I just feel very comfortable, there's a lot of unspoken understanding, but at the same time a lack.

Another thing to be considered is that NTJs are immensely particular creatures in our own particular ways. I looked over that list you put up of things that your partner would "have" to get used to, and besides coming off as somewhat naive, in all likelihood Im pretty sure any NT would hear that and tell you exactly where you could shove your rules. That said, I know I come with my own set of rules, and Ill compromise about some of them but there are certain things that are just part of the deal. Theres a good chance of eventual mutual destruction on that path. I think this is something to consider as well.

And finally, as I mentioned before, there's a certain lack in the NTJ relationship, I think. I mean, I need a certain amount of petting. Now Im not some NF that's gonna cry that out on a mountain top with a sparkle-megaphone but its true. And having been raised by an INTJ, I know that even if its something that would have to pried from your cold, dead lips the same is true of yall. I dunno if the rest of the NTs are like this. I get the impression from the NTPs that the desire for affection is not interpreted necessarily as moral weakness. So that type of individual might be someone to consider also.

In all you seem like a smart, interesting kind of guy. I wrote all this to advise away from trying to find your extraverted clone. Because while theoretically, it sounds good, but practically it falls apart. Hell, I'd go so far as to say stay away from NTs period. NT women are complicated. If I had to do it all over again, I'd find a nice SF or STJ who thought I was wonderful and did all the nice coupley stuff without all the "N"-related hoops and baggage. You don't really get a say, but I think there is a certain level of shenanigans that one should try to avoid with romance.
    I am sorry if I wasn't clear. The only way I can see ENTJ-INTJ pair work is if they are trying to take as much control over their environment as possible.
    It would be something like business partners with benefits. It is just that the connetion would be somewhat deeper. I never claimed that this combination is easy to achive.

I am sorry but complicated things are the only thing that prevents boredom in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I can lock myself away for days on end. Weeks, even. Extroverts are energized externally, not necessarily by people. As long as I have a variety of external stimuli (books, magazines, music, internet), I can go days before realizing that I haven't uttered a word to another human being. I am alone most of the time.

It is true though, that when I am in social gatherings, I get jazzed up and hyper beyond belief. The more we talk, the more I want to talk. But if there is no one to talk to, I can just absorb information for weeks and not care. Especially when I am designing a new contraption.
    To be honest ever time when I see an extrovert that is trying to show how much he or she can survive without getting closer to people I smile.

But to be fair I will place my cards on the table, from experiance I know that I can survive like this for 2 years. Even if we throw internet out of the equation.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    To be honest ever time when I see an extrovert that is trying to show how much he or she can survive without getting closer to people I smile.

But to be fair I will place my cards on the table, from experiance I know that I can survive like this for 2 years. Even if we throw internet out of the equation.
    Hahaha, see you are forgetting that ENTPs are also NTs. First and foremost. Believe me, people are not that important to me.

Even without the internet, I can survive quite easily without social interaction. You'd be surprised.

But even if I couldn't do that naturally, I would force myself to do it anyway because you just indirectly challenged me. And my major weakness is that I cannot turn down a challenge, no matter how stupid.

But my major strength is that I always win.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

And my major weakness is that I cannot turn down a challenge, no matter how stupid.

How majorly exploitable!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    How majorly exploitable!
    Yeah, I'm completely open about it. There is no reason to pretend or hide it. If you are challenging me to see if you can exploit me, I eagerly await your efforts. Like I said, I always win.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Why is this thread 300+ posts long?

Just what do you (Antisocial one) have to offer in an intimate sexual relationship?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Yeah, I'm completely open about it. There is no reason to pretend or hide it. If you are challenging me to see if you can exploit me, I eagerly await your efforts. Like I said, I always win.
    But what if someone challenges you with something they want you to win at?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Hahaha, see you are forgetting that ENTPs are also NTs. First and foremost. Believe me, people are not that important to me.

Even without the internet, I can survive quite easily without social interaction. You'd be surprised.

But even if I couldn't do that naturally, I would force myself to do it anyway because you just indirectly challenged me. And my major weakness is that I cannot turn down a challenge, no matter how stupid.

Of course, if we over look the fact that winning this challange would cause an end of life as you know it. I seriously doubt you will take this one.

No, I am not forgeting anything I am just pointing at the obvious differences nothing more.

But if you want to try just try to live like this for a month (or two). Since from what I know in most cases an extrovert is feeling worse and worse exponentionally as time goes by. I have no doubts that you can survive for some time but I think you would not hande well too much detachment.