User Tag List

First 20282930313240 Last

Results 291 to 300 of 405

  1. #291
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Well if you have a strong preference you will always need to do something to compensate. (if you want efficiency of course)

    But none the less I am still quite Jish person and I always will be. Don't be decived.

    I don't mind laughing from time to time but this is not something that comes easily to me. But making me laugh is not mission impossible.
    No, I mean because you are so J, you are endlessly fascinating to me. I would never expect your compensation tactics to be your true personality in your comfort zone. Just like how I step into my house and leave the J at the door. I will also never change. But I am fascinated by the differences.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    INTP is definatly a good match for you. You would never bore one.
    I heart you too, fluff.

  2. #292
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    And no, I don't want efficiency. Of course.

  3. #293
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    No, I mean because you are so J, you are endlessly fascinating to me. I would never expect your compensation tactics to be your true personality in your comfort zone. Just like how I step into my house and leave the J at the door. I will also never change. But I am fascinated by the differences.
    Of course, since we are opposites that live in environments that are opposites so natural tendencies of each side is what the environment of the other side wants.

    What do you mean with " I don't want efficiency" ?

  4. #294
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    What do you mean with " I don't want efficiency" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Well if you have a strong preference you will always need to do something to compensate. (if you want efficiency of course)
    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    And no, I don't want efficiency. Of course.
    I was making a joke, but I really mean it. I see no purpose to be efficient unless there is a logical reason to be. The only logical reasons, in my eyes, exist in the workplace and are strictly for saving money. I want my employees to work as fast as they can within the allotted time, so I don't have to pay overtime. So, they need to be efficient. If there is a deadline that a paying client has set, I need to budget my time and make sure I don't waste time on things that will slow me down. In these instances, it's good to have a plan.

    But if I have a flight on Monday, I will not pack 3 days before. Nor will I pack the day before. I am aware of my deadline and will leave at the appropriate time, so as not to miss my flight. But me folding clothes in the taxi on the way to the airport is just something I will always be doing. There is no reason not to.

  5. #295
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I was making a joke, but I really mean it. I see no purpose to be efficient unless there is a logical reason to be. The only logical reasons, in my eyes, exist in the workplace and are strictly for saving money. I want my employees to work as fast as they can within the allotted time, so I don't have to pay overtime. So, they need to be efficient. If there is a deadline that a paying client has set, I need to budget my time and make sure I don't waste time on things that will slow me down. In these instances, it's good to have a plan.

    But if I have a flight on Monday, I will not pack 3 days before. Nor will I pack the day before. I am aware of my deadline and will leave at the appropriate time, so as not to miss my flight. But me folding clothes in the taxi on the way to the airport is just something I will always be doing. There is no reason not to.
    I am curious, Do you see psychological need for order as a logical reason to create order around yourself ?

  6. #296
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am curious, Do you see psychological need for order as a logical reason to create order around yourself ?
    This question is circular. I say no, a psychological need is not logical enough - I need to know where this need stems from and possibly correct it or fix it. Or accept it, depending on its origins. But "need" isn't a reason. But then it makes me question my own psychological need for things to be logical and make sense at all times. And why I feel that my need for logic and reason is "better" than someone else's need for efficiency and order. Because at the end of the day, my own need is still a compulsion.

    However, I am a very accepting person once I understand why things are the way they are. I will argue and be upset if constantly being told how to arrange my life. But if I understand your need to be controlling, I will most likely not take it so seriously and personally anymore - it's not about you wanting to control me specifically, it's about X Y or Z about your own character. And then maybe I'll even start to see it as cute.

  7. #297
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    This question is circular. I say no, a psychological need is not logical enough - I need to know where this need stems from and possibly correct it or fix it. Or accept it, depending on its origins. But "need" isn't a reason. But then it makes me question my own psychological need for things to be logical and make sense at all times. And why I feel that my need for logic and reason is "better" than someone else's need for efficiency and order. Because at the end of the day, my own need is still a compulsion.

    However, I am a very accepting person once I understand why things are the way they are. I will argue and be upset if constantly being told how to arrange my life. But if I understand your need to be controlling, I will most likely not take it so seriously and personally anymore - it's not about you wanting to control me specifically, it's about X Y or Z about your own character. And then maybe I'll even start to see it as cute.
    To be honest I don't believe in order for the sake of order either. It is just that I see the point of having order more often then you. (I presume)

    Especially since in most cases I can't function properly if there is a mess around me. I am simply saying that the place does not have to be sterile and ultra tide all the time.

    The only thing with which I will have an issue is if you insist on a mess in areas that effect me directly. But if you want to have you personal corner in a state of disarray that is fine with me.

  8. #298
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    To be honest I don't believe in order for the sake of order either. It is just that I see the point of having order more often then you. (I presume)

    Especially since in most cases I can't function properly if there is a mess around me. I am simply saying that the place does not have to be sterile and ultra tide all the time.

    The only thing with which I will have an issue is if you insist on a mess in areas that effect me directly. But if you want to have you personal corner in a state of disarray that is fine with me.
    I hear ya. Actually, I like the common areas to be clean. And I absolutely require my bathroom and kitchen to be sterile at all times. My bathroom especially. I can't handle it when things are filthy in the very place that you become clean. Really I just like cleanliness, and so I often have to keep order to achieve it. It's a sacrifice I have to make *sigh*.

    But aside from that, the surface of my desk is bare, but inside the drawers are crammed with all kinds of junk - important folders, old motherboards, sneakers, lipstick, soldering irons and anything else you can possible think of. I just put things wherever they will fit.

    My bedroom is like a war zone. Or more like someone bombed a library.

  9. #299
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    The reason why I have started this thread in the first place is because my love life can be described by pure 0. Since I have 0 crushes/relationships behind me. Even stuff like kisses and touches are at 0 in my case.
    So everything I say take with a reserve, There is nothing really wrong with me, it is just that I didn't pay any attention to this sphere of life.

    The main reason why I said that I could get along with ExTJ women is because society over here is chaotic. So there would a natural attraction between us. At least on a friendship level.
    The entire thing comes down to the fact that you have unspontaneous and calculated partner. Which means that you can be yourself in most cases without choking your partner.
    But I don't consider myself to be ideal for ExTJ women. Especially if ESTJ has a developed S....
    I think on a certain level your reasoning about the ENTJ/INTJ relationship is sound. I think that NTJs can make great partners and can complement each other in really extraordinary ways. But from my experience of INTJs theres always a certain amount of chemistry thats lacking. I mean, for me to want to get involved with someone romantically there has to be something compelling about the two of us, overwhelming almost. With an INTJ, I just feel very comfortable, there's a lot of unspoken understanding, but at the same time a lack.

    Another thing to be considered is that NTJs are immensely particular creatures in our own particular ways. I looked over that list you put up of things that your partner would "have" to get used to, and besides coming off as somewhat naive, in all likelihood Im pretty sure any NT would hear that and tell you exactly where you could shove your rules. That said, I know I come with my own set of rules, and Ill compromise about some of them but there are certain things that are just part of the deal. Theres a good chance of eventual mutual destruction on that path. I think this is something to consider as well.

    And finally, as I mentioned before, there's a certain lack in the NTJ relationship, I think. I mean, I need a certain amount of petting. Now Im not some NF that's gonna cry that out on a mountain top with a sparkle-megaphone but its true. And having been raised by an INTJ, I know that even if its something that would have to pried from your cold, dead lips the same is true of yall. I dunno if the rest of the NTs are like this. I get the impression from the NTPs that the desire for affection is not interpreted necessarily as moral weakness. So that type of individual might be someone to consider also.

    In all you seem like a smart, interesting kind of guy. I wrote all this to advise away from trying to find your extraverted clone. Because while theoretically, it sounds good, but practically it falls apart. Hell, I'd go so far as to say stay away from NTs period. NT women are complicated. If I had to do it all over again, I'd find a nice SF or STJ who thought I was wonderful and did all the nice coupley stuff without all the "N"-related hoops and baggage. You don't really get a say, but I think there is a certain level of shenanigans that one should try to avoid with romance.

  10. #300
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I hear ya. Actually, I like the common areas to be clean. And I absolutely require my bathroom and kitchen to be sterile at all times. My bathroom especially. I can't handle it when things are filthy in the very place that you become clean. Really I just like cleanliness, and so I often have to keep order to achieve it. It's a sacrifice I have to make *sigh*.

    But aside from that, the surface of my desk is bare, but inside the drawers are crammed with all kinds of junk - important folders, old motherboards, sneakers, lipstick, soldering irons and anything else you can possible think of. I just put things wherever they will fit.

    My bedroom is like a war zone. Or more like someone bombed a library.
    Well, my drawers are orgenized since I don't see too much point in having them if they are just another storage area.

    But OK, I am a strong J so I have an excuse about making order around me. .


    I am curious, how long can you survive without being in conntact with people without falling into a depression ?
    The reason why I ask is because you are E and I have never understod that "I am energized by people" logic.

    If you don't want to answer this one you don't have to.

Similar Threads

  1. Could you try to help me figure out my type?
    By Chernushka in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2017, 08:46 PM
  2. Just try to type me! Let me see you take a shot at it!
    By Faketrollaccount in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2014, 06:33 PM
  3. Would you want to know the date of your death?
    By Such Irony in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 04:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO