User Tag List

First 17252627282937 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    The site's main suggestion for me was, suprise, suprise: ENTP, with alternates to consider, being: INTP then ESTP.

If someone asked me to rank in terms of how easily I can imitate a type, that was only 1 letter off, given, ENTP, it would go: INTP>ESTP>ENTJ>ENFP.
    (and, more than 1 letters, INTJ would be b/w INTP and ESTP).

Yeah, I just fail, utterly fail, at the feeling buziness....I'm currently having a discussion with Happy-Pup where I'm proposing that Ti is the antithesis of Fi, more so than any other function dichotomy. It's the tunnel-vision of logic at it's height, and I think this hinders (and thus exhibits) my dismal F-scores.

Also, I've been in a rut the last few months, and will continue to be so for the next few, as it's the last leg of my schooling and I'm feeling the burn-out and the complete supression of curiosity as every waking and sleeping thought have been about the finish line now. More blah...more introverted?

Finally, I will never forget the and slow calm that came as I read ENTP profiles after ENTP profiles like, "That. Is. ME!"

Thanks, Jeno & A.O. for piquing my interest in function order (started with Happy-pup's recent threads)...and of course, thanks A.O. for allowing me to derail the thread.

To stay on topic: I would not TRY to date you, A.O.

(what exactly does the word "try" imply? Resistance from you? Least-assumptions about respondents on your behalf (try/would)? A challenge?
    Don't be bothered since I am measuring how long it will take for people to notice that they are posting stuff in the wrong thread.

Well this thread was started as a quick information gathering method for me but it never died. I have poped the question because I thought I have nothing to lose by doing so.

That "try" is there only becuse I am difficult to get a long in real life. Nothing more.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Why is it the wrong thread to post in? People go off on tangents all the time...
    Everyone is difficult to know if they don't meet you halfway. I suppose if you liked someone enough, you would "open up" more (to borrow a phrase from my feely friends...)

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Why is it the wrong thread to post in? People go off on tangents all the time...
    Everyone is difficult to know if they don't meet you halfway. I suppose if you liked someone enough, you would "open up" more (to borrow a phrase from my feely friends...)
    In my opinion the thread in which the link towads that site is is more appropriate place. But don't see this as a big deal.

I am well aware of the "half way" thing but in my case it is more expressed.
    I presume I would open up.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    In my opinion the thread in which the link towads that site is is more appropriate place. But don't see this as a big deal.

I am well aware of the "half way" thing but in my case it is more expressed.
    I presume I would open up.
    I have a question for you, spurred by fidelia's thread in the NT section about writers...

A.O., can you try [] and give a scenario of what a romance would be like for you? How you want to meet them, how you would connect, how it would develop?

I have a question for you, spurred by fidelia's thread in the NT section about writers...

A.O., can you try [] and give a scenario of what a romance would be like for you? How you want to meet them, how you would connect, how it would develop?

Well this is the main reason why I have opened this thread.
    By this I means that I never had romantic feelings towards anyone. So answering this question is a tricky business.

How we will neet is actually totally irrelevant to me if it happens that we really like each other.

It be honest the only way a connection can start is through intellectual chit-chit and some physical attraction. I could be wrong but I think this is how it would start if it ever happens.

So from that starting point everything else should be created. How it would develop greatly depends upon personality traits of the other side.
    After that comes getting used to each other on a level of small things.

Probably we would need to be friends for a few/months before anything really happens.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I'm quite taken, so that wouldn't ever happen.

If I had an identical clone, she might. INTJ observations are like crack for those addicted to brutal honesty, even if I don't agree with the honest opinion...it's at least something real to chew on. And I like a challenge. You seem nice enough.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Well this is the main reason why I have opened this thread.
    By this I means that I never had romantic feelings towards anyone. So answering this question is a tricky business.

How we will neet is actually totally irrelevant to me if it happens that we really like each other.

It be honest the only way a connection can start is through intellectual chit-chit and some physical attraction. I could be wrong but I think this is how it would start if it ever happens.

So from that starting point everything else should be created. How it would develop greatly depends upon personality traits of the other side.
    After that comes getting used to each other on a level of small things.

Probably we would need to be friends for a few/months before anything really happens.
    That's quite sweet, Mr. INTJ. Friendship turned to romance. What would be five things, in list of priority, that you would want to connect with the other person on? (intellectual connection, physical attraction are two...3 more to go)

What I'm particularly interested in, is if you could flesh out the 'small things', and what you mean by that?

That's quite sweet, Mr. INTJ. Friendship turned to romance. What would be five things, in list of priority, that you would want to connect with the other person on? (intellectual connection, physical attraction are two...3 more to go)

What I'm particularly interested in, is if you could flesh out the 'small things', and what you mean by that?

Maybe it is sweet but it could be necessity since I doubt that you can fall for me just like that (but chances exist) since even if I am trying to get along with people I am not personal.

I am curious, can you connect with another person on much more ways then five ?

As for the small things, well you will have to "learn" not to freak out/become annoyed in some situations just because you have a feeling that you are dating a machine.

Some of the examples could be: that you will probably wake up quite often alone in a bad. Since I sleep 7 hours maximum. Or that you will be more tired and hungry then me most of the time.
    Which means that I don't eat too much and I am usually absent minded during a meal.

That my walking speed is 2-3 times faster then a speed of a average person or that I can take a walk that lasts for 6 hours.

Usually my "jokes" are consider nasty .

Since I am into geology you can expect that the way how you see world will fall apart. For example on this forum I am consider to be a member from Europe. But this is not exactly true since in geological sense my country is not really a part of Europe. Plus I gather rocks as a hoby.
    If I am not mistaken Kangirl knows how it is like to live with one of us.

Also It would be really nice if the other side can tolerate situations when I show how developed my NTJ side really is. If you didn't come across one thread about one game of RISK I can make a link for you.

The thing is that I am like that most of the time but I simply don't show it.
    For me it is normal to create a list of fact I would like to get from another person. So usually people think that we are just having a casual conversation but that is not the case. Since I try to direct a conversation in a direction that suits me.

People which know me a little bit better find a little bit disturbing how much I suck at spontancity. For example if I expect that more social situation is ahead of me I can even learn a few jokes just to fit in better.

However this also means that I will be able to tolerate quirks of the other side. Especially since I would not mind dating another eccentric.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

In the first half of your post (up until you said you collect rocks as a hobby), you sound exactly like me - but I sleep much less than that.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    In the first half of your post (up until you said you collect rocks as a hobby), you sound exactly like me - but I sleep much less than that.
    I am not suprised because those are more of less NT characteritics.
    But that post was directed to every one not just NTs.

Well. it is well known fact that people in the US don't sleep enough.
    Be honest. is this your natural tendency or you simply don't have the time ?