First 12202122232432 Last

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I just am fascinated by who would be the "boss" in an NTJ relationship, since both parties seem to want to be the boss. And also seem to think there is a need for a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I just am fascinated by who would be the "boss" in an NTJ relationship, since both parties seem to want to be the boss. And also seem to think there is a need for a boss.
    I doubt that there would be boss. It would probably come to the balance of power and each side would control the sphere in which they are stronger.
    But to me it looks like this is what could make things interesting since in this combination you can't really turn another side into pawn or a charm. If both are strong NTJs.

But I agree there is something creepy about the idea that a commander and a strategist start a relationship.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Lol, I like your sense of humor.

MBTI
    iNtJ

I would think there would be no boss.

I have a pretty close friend who's a very expressed ENTJ, who I've known for about six years. Not a relationship, so no "procreation time", but I laugh at her antics while trying to control other people, and she's realized she can't control me. I can't control her either, but I don't particularly want to.

She's told up front that she divides the people she knows into two categories; the ones she gets to know to figure out what makes them tick or use them and then discard them, and the ones she actually respects. She's told me that I'm in the second category. We used to clash, when both of us were less mature, but now we just find each other amusing and we can have interesting Ni conversations. ENTJs have this crazy thrill-seeking nature that I sort of envy, too.

As long as the ENTJ has enough of a life outside of the relationship to get his/her being-the-boss fix elsewhere, and both types are reasonably mature (as always) I think it could work. Not for me (as far as I can tell from the people I've met) but for some INTJs.

Lol, I like your sense of humor.
    I guess it is true when they say that INTJ are the funniest when they try not to be.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    But I agree there is something creepy about the idea that a commander and a strategist start a relationship.
    I just can't see this ever happening. Never mind lasting.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Sonata, that is an interesting perspective. I also get a real kick out of ENTJs but am wary to date one. But ExTJs tend to be my partners in crime...

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I guess it is true when they say that INTJ are the funniest when they try not to be.
    Possibly. But I'm not laughing at you, to be clear. You just have a comical way of expressing yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I just can't see this ever happening. Never mind lasting.
    One forum member said that its parents are those two types and have seen on INTJf long ago that it can work. But for this you truly need to have two individuals that match each other well.

As I said I don't know much about relationships but to me it looks that this combination is has a certain charm to it that it is not too easy to understand if you are not NTJ.

Possibly. But I'm not laughing at you, to be clear. You just have a comical way of expressing yourself...
    Would you mind explaining this claim ?
    Since often I have this effect on people.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Maybe it's my sense of humor, I don't know. But I mean that you notice details and have a very plain way of stating things that others would hesitate to say. As a fellow NT, I can identify, but it also seems that you are lacking any awareness of it. It's so innocent that it's comical. Where I simply state a fact and just don't care what people think, you simply state a fact and just aren't aware of what people think.