First 123412 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Absolutely not.
    You're purely theoretical standpoint on everything, and lack of emotion would drive me insane!

But, on a different note, I think I would love to be your friend! Love to be around people with different viewpoints from the "norm" and hear what they have to say.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ agreed and important to add, i'm sorry that i didn't. i'd totally be your friend and help you with your relationships.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Uh, why would you think I was? I was responding to the OP.
    because my response had to do with his lack of understanding an emotional perspective...so it fit....sorry, just thought i'd ask to be sure.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

A little too rabid pit bull for me. And I usually get along with INTJ. Although I've never dated one, past that one day where we wandered around together all day talking about possibly dating.

I usually see INTJ as open to thoughts, their whole point is to understand and appreciate thoughts. I don't see that so much with you.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I definitely wouldn't play a game of chess with you but I really don't know you well enough to say yay or nay.
    I admit, that game of Risk in desciribed in that thread was not something nice do to.

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    No. (I am female.)
    I know.

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    you want blunt?

i would not...i don't know you very well but i need to be with someone that at least understands an emotional perspective even if they don't share it.
    Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    I would antisocial... I love a challenge... but not so fond of punches in the face for shedding a tear over my dog dying! sooooo be gentle with me and I'll be gentle with you
    Why do you think I would punch you? (unless this is an metaphor)
    I think you would find me more accepting then you think. I would probably buy a new one just make you happy. To me it is unacceptable that entire thing falls apart because of something so trivial.

But to be honest I would probably be wondering why you have a dog in the first place behind your back.

If it is not obvious I never had a pet in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I actually view antisocial's awareness of his lack of emotional intelligence as something that most people who are emotionally unintelligent fail to realize about themselves. So that's kind of leaps and bounds ahead of the curve.

This reminds me of knowing a few people who have been married three times or more before they start figuring out what the whole marriage thing is about. Third time may be a charm, but I certainly wouldn't want to be one and two. The life of a lab rat is not a merry one.
    I think that this is not that much about emotional inteligence as much as lack of affection and empathy/sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Absolutely not.
    You're purely theoretical standpoint on everything, and lack of emotion would drive me insane!

But, on a different note, I think I would love to be your friend! Love to be around people with different viewpoints from the "norm" and hear what they have to say.
    ^^ agreed and important to add, i'm sorry that i didn't. i'd totally be your friend and help you with your relationships.
    I was just waiting how long it will take to get replies like those two.
    But that does not mean that I have something against them.
    Why it is a problem for you if a guy is quite theoretical? (just curious)

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    A little too rabid pit bull for me. And I usually get along with INTJ. Although I've never dated one, past that one day where we wandered around together all day talking about possibly dating.

I usually see INTJ as open to thoughts, their whole point is to understand and appreciate thoughts. I don't see that so much with you.
    Makes sense.
    I am open but I have something called low agreement, so it looks like that I don't see the position of another person.

MBTI
    ENTJ

No. I am emotionally high maintenance and I need a lot of love, affection and attention. I also like to give it.This doesn't sound like it would work for either of us!

On a different note, I could never date anyone who didn't love my dogs. Even Daniel Craig. That's a dealbreaker for me if ever there was one.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post

I was just waiting how long it will take to get replies like those two.
    But that does not mean that I have something against them.
    Why it is a problem for you if a guy is quite theoretical? (just curious)

i have NO problem with theoretical...i have a problem not being understood...i'm an emotional person, extremely empathetic and i would need that to be appreciated and understood by whoever i was with.

did i misunderstand you?
    -Jim Morrison

heart on fire

You're too young for me and I am married so no. Plus I'd probably drive a thinker to the loony bin.

i have NO problem with theoretical...i have a problem not being understood...i'm an emotional person, extremely empathetic and i would need that to be appreciated and understood by whoever i was with.

did i misunderstand you?
    I was talking to Short. Since she said that I was thinking you will see it.
    I was replying to both posts at once there. Sorry.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I think that this is not that much about emotional inteligence as much as lack of affection and empathy/sympathy.
    Well you said we could be blunt!

How do you believe it's more about lack of affection and sympathy/empathy?

The questions you ask on the forum lead me to believe you struggle with EQ in any way I've found it defined or presented. Would you say you do any of these averagely to well?

1. Perceiving emotions the ability to detect and decipher emotions in faces, pictures, voices, and cultural artifacts- including the ability to identify ones own emotions. Perceiving emotions represents a basic aspect of emotional intelligence, as it makes all other processing of emotional information possible.
    2. Using emotions the ability to harness emotions to facilitate various cognitive activities, such as thinking and problem solving. The emotionally intelligent person can capitalize fully upon his or her changing moods in order to best fit the task at hand.
    3. Understanding emotions the ability to comprehend emotion language and to appreciate complicated relationships among emotions. For example, understanding emotions encompasses the ability to be sensitive to slight variations between emotions, and the ability to recognize and describe how emotions evolve over time.
    4. Managing emotions the ability to regulate emotions in both ourselves and in others. Therefore, the emotionally intelligent person can harness emotions, even negative ones, and manage them to achieve intended goals.

OR

1. Self-awareness the ability to read one's emotions and recognize their impact while using gut feelings to guide decisions.
    2. Self-management involves controlling one's emotions and impulses and adapting to changing circumstances.
    3. Social awareness the ability to sense, understand, and react to others' emotions while comprehending social networks.
    4. Relationship management the ability to inspire, influence, and develop others while managing conflict.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3