• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Would you try to date me?

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
And finally, as I mentioned before, there's a certain lack in the NTJ relationship, I think. I mean, I need a certain amount of petting. Now Im not some NF that's gonna cry that out on a mountain top with a sparkle-megaphone but its true. And having been raised by an INTJ, I know that even if its something that would have to pried from your cold, dead lips the same is true of yall. I dunno if the rest of the NTs are like this. I get the impression from the NTPs that the desire for affection is not interpreted necessarily as moral weakness. So that type of individual might be someone to consider also.

In all you seem like a smart, interesting kind of guy. I wrote all this to advise away from trying to find your extraverted clone. Because while theoretically, it sounds good, but practically it falls apart. Hell, I'd go so far as to say stay away from NTs period. NT women are complicated. If I had to do it all over again, I'd find a nice SF or STJ who thought I was wonderful and did all the nice coupley stuff without all the "N"-related hoops and baggage. You don't really get a say, but I think there is a certain level of shenanigans that one should try to avoid with romance.

If I'm into a guy, he's gonna be bombarded with silly hugs and kisses constantly, whether he likes it or not.:steam: Physicality is the sole reason why we are not only friends, but lovers. My man is my man, and I will show him affection and attention. (at least, whenever I am home and not distracted by my latest gadget :whistling:)

I think NT women are incredibly straight forward, as you and I have been. If you think NT women are complicated, try explaining to an ESxJ chick why you don't want to spend Christmas at her mother's house. Hide all the breakable flatware and good luck! hahaha...

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Well, my drawers are orgenized since I don't see too much point in having them if they are just another storage area.

But OK, I am a strong J so I have an excuse about making order around me. .

I am curious, how long can you survive without being in conntact with people without falling into a depression ?
The reason why I ask is because you are E and I have never understod that "I am energized by people" logic.

If you don't want to answer this one you don't have to.

I can lock myself away for days on end. Weeks, even. Extroverts are energized externally, not necessarily by people. As long as I have a variety of external stimuli (books, magazines, music, internet), I can go days before realizing that I haven't uttered a word to another human being. I am alone most of the time.

It is true though, that when I am in social gatherings, I get jazzed up and hyper beyond belief. The more we talk, the more I want to talk. But if there is no one to talk to, I can just absorb information for weeks and not care. Especially when I am designing a new contraption.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think on a certain level your reasoning about the ENTJ/INTJ relationship is sound. I think that NTJs can make great partners and can complement each other in really extraordinary ways. But from my experience of INTJs theres always a certain amount of chemistry thats lacking. I mean, for me to want to get involved with someone romantically there has to be something compelling about the two of us, overwhelming almost. With an INTJ, I just feel very comfortable, there's a lot of unspoken understanding, but at the same time a lack.

Another thing to be considered is that NTJs are immensely particular creatures in our own particular ways. I looked over that list you put up of things that your partner would "have" to get used to, and besides coming off as somewhat naive, in all likelihood Im pretty sure any NT would hear that and tell you exactly where you could shove your rules. That said, I know I come with my own set of rules, and Ill compromise about some of them but there are certain things that are just part of the deal. Theres a good chance of eventual mutual destruction on that path. I think this is something to consider as well.

And finally, as I mentioned before, there's a certain lack in the NTJ relationship, I think. I mean, I need a certain amount of petting. Now Im not some NF that's gonna cry that out on a mountain top with a sparkle-megaphone but its true. And having been raised by an INTJ, I know that even if its something that would have to pried from your cold, dead lips the same is true of yall. I dunno if the rest of the NTs are like this. I get the impression from the NTPs that the desire for affection is not interpreted necessarily as moral weakness. So that type of individual might be someone to consider also.

In all you seem like a smart, interesting kind of guy. I wrote all this to advise away from trying to find your extraverted clone. Because while theoretically, it sounds good, but practically it falls apart. Hell, I'd go so far as to say stay away from NTs period. NT women are complicated. If I had to do it all over again, I'd find a nice SF or STJ who thought I was wonderful and did all the nice coupley stuff without all the "N"-related hoops and baggage. You don't really get a say, but I think there is a certain level of shenanigans that one should try to avoid with romance.

I am sorry if I wasn't clear. The only way I can see ENTJ-INTJ pair work is if they are trying to take as much control over their environment as possible.
It would be something like business partners with benefits. It is just that the connetion would be somewhat deeper. I never claimed that this combination is easy to achive.

I am sorry but complicated things are the only thing that prevents boredom in my case.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I can lock myself away for days on end. Weeks, even. Extroverts are energized externally, not necessarily by people. As long as I have a variety of external stimuli (books, magazines, music, internet), I can go days before realizing that I haven't uttered a word to another human being. I am alone most of the time.

It is true though, that when I am in social gatherings, I get jazzed up and hyper beyond belief. The more we talk, the more I want to talk. But if there is no one to talk to, I can just absorb information for weeks and not care. Especially when I am designing a new contraption.

To be honest ever time when I see an extrovert that is trying to show how much he or she can survive without getting closer to people I smile.

But to be fair I will place my cards on the table, from experiance I know that I can survive like this for 2 years. Even if we throw internet out of the equation.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
To be honest ever time when I see an extrovert that is trying to show how much he or she can survive without getting closer to people I smile.

But to be fair I will place my cards on the table, from experiance I know that I can survive like this for 2 years. Even if we throw internet out of the equation.

Hahaha, see you are forgetting that ENTPs are also NTs. First and foremost. Believe me, people are not that important to me.

Even without the internet, I can survive quite easily without social interaction. You'd be surprised.

But even if I couldn't do that naturally, I would force myself to do it anyway because you just indirectly challenged me. And my major weakness is that I cannot turn down a challenge, no matter how stupid.

But my major strength is that I always win.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And my major weakness is that I cannot turn down a challenge, no matter how stupid.

How majorly exploitable!

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
How majorly exploitable!

Yeah, I'm completely open about it. There is no reason to pretend or hide it. If you are challenging me to see if you can exploit me, I eagerly await your efforts. Like I said, I always win.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why is this thread 300+ posts long?

Just what do you (Antisocial one) have to offer in an intimate sexual relationship?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I'm completely open about it. There is no reason to pretend or hide it. If you are challenging me to see if you can exploit me, I eagerly await your efforts. Like I said, I always win.

But what if someone challenges you with something they want you to win at? ;)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Hahaha, see you are forgetting that ENTPs are also NTs. First and foremost. Believe me, people are not that important to me.

Even without the internet, I can survive quite easily without social interaction. You'd be surprised.

But even if I couldn't do that naturally, I would force myself to do it anyway because you just indirectly challenged me. And my major weakness is that I cannot turn down a challenge, no matter how stupid.

Of course, if we over look the fact that winning this challange would cause an end of life as you know it. I seriously doubt you will take this one.

No, I am not forgeting anything I am just pointing at the obvious differences nothing more.

But if you want to try just try to live like this for a month (or two). Since from what I know in most cases an extrovert is feeling worse and worse exponentionally as time goes by. I have no doubts that you can survive for some time but I think you would not hande well too much detachment.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

Just what do you (Antisocial one) have to offer in an intimate sexual relationship?

Will that alter your decision?

It is fitting though that he would be so popular and yet so antisocial...

But what if someone challenges you with something they want you to win at? ;)

Then we both win. :devil:
And believe me, I know when someone is trying to play with me. I just don't care. Being toyed with is half the fun.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Of course, if we over look the fact that winning this challange would cause an end of life as you know it. I seriously doubt you will take this one.

No, I am not forgeting anything I am just pointing at the obvious differences nothing more.

But if you want to try just try to live like this for a month (or two). Since from what I know in most cases an extrovert is feeling worse and worse exponentionally as time goes by. I have no doubts that you can survive for some time but I think you would not hande well too much detachment.

You're wrong and you don't know me as well as you think you might.

It's funny that you think this would cause the end of my life... You INTJs - I've always said it. You guys have this way of convincing yourself of the truth before you even hear all arguments. You just believe what you want. It's kind of cute in an annoying kind of way.

No matter. I have no way of proving attachment or detachment from across the globe. There is no metric or tangible system of proof. How would you propose we judge the winner of this challenge? On the honor system? What do I get when I win? What stakes do you have in this? Is this only for social life, or would I not be able to work at all for those weeks?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You're wrong and you don't know me as well as you think you might.

It's funny that you think this would cause the end of my life... You INTJs - I've always said it. You guys have this way of convincing yourself of the truth before you even hear all arguments. You just believe what you want. It's kind of cute in an annoying kind of way.

No matter. I have no way of proving attachment or detachment from across the globe. There is no metric or tangible system of proof. How would you propose we judge the winner of this challenge? On the honor system? What do I get when I win? What stakes do you have in this? Is this only for social life, or would I not be able to work at all for those weeks?

Well, you simply would have lost your job if I am not mistaken. That was the main reason why I said that I don't think you are going to do it. But I was taking about that 2 year scenario. But I have no doubts you could survive a month living like this. But after that you would really need to force yourself.

There is no standards here, the question is can you survive normally without getting closer to people over a certain periods of time. What means that you will have to cut the communication completely and communication at work to pure formalities.

But don't overlook the fact that you are the one that mentioned the word "challange".

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Ok, we are speaking theoretically here. And theoretically there is no way I could go 2 years without human contact. I need to buy food from somewhere, and I am not a hunter or farmer.

But to speak literally, when I am in my natural element, I don't require people to be in my daily life. I prefer not to shut myself in the house but that doesn't mean that I go out with people. I do those 6 hour walks, like you mentioned earlier. Then I come back home and read. I can do (and have done) this for weeks and weeks, many times. Sometimes for months. Especially when I am working on a new project. It just depends.

I don't pretend to be a hermit, but I am not dependent on other people for my livelihood.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This discussion is so cute :wubbie:

[/akward maker]

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

I was wondering when someone will notice. Truth to be told I did not expect that this thread will become this large.

That is a really good question and I did some thinking about it and concluded.

I am very good for intellectual chit-chat, my disrespect for certain social rules can be amusing if you know how to apperciate it. If you date me spots events will not be part of your life. So if you want to make some of your female friends a little bit envious I am a good choice (sport events are major thing over here).

I like to spend time in nature. I am not fat and I don't smoke.
I am good in preventing things from falling apart. If you decide to play a video game or a board game I will up for it. I can accept you quirks.

I am very good in critical situation because I don't lose my head and I am reliable. Call me old fashoined but I think that most women actually like this trait to some degree. Plus some other small stuff that do not cross my mind at the moment. As for sexuality I will not claim anying there are too much unknowns, but I don't see why I would suck at it.

The exam season is getting to an end and summer starts, so I will give it a shot if oportunity presents itself.