User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 405

  1. #131
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    I think you need someone to teach you how to be an extrovert.

    You can think about this:
    would ytou date someone dominant Ne, Te, Se, or Fe.?
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  2. #132

    Default

    Uhm, well, I didn't know who the hell you were when I clicked on this thread. After wasting 15 minutes of my life reading through the 14 pages, I've come to the realization that I could never date you - no matter if the circumstances were in our favor.

    If you would like an explanation as to why, feel free to ask. But I have a feeling that you don't, and that you saying you have no emotions whatsoever is just a front that you put up to protect yourself. If you would let your guard down and get your head out of logic's ass, only then would I even consider dating you.
    All people see, but no one sees the same.

  3. #133
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shelovesyoumaybe View Post
    Uhm, well, I didn't know who the hell you were when I clicked on this thread. After wasting 15 minutes of my life reading through the 14 pages, I've come to the realization that I could never date you - no matter if the circumstances were in our favor.

    If you would like an explanation as to why, feel free to ask. But I have a feeling that you don't, and that you saying you have no emotions whatsoever is just a front that you put up to protect yourself. If you would let your guard down and get your head out of logic's ass, only then would I even consider dating you.
    Hey now, that's not very nice!

    I think that AO is being sincere. He has never claimed to not have emotions whatsoever, just that he has them much less often, and is effected by them much less than average person. Which is believable, imo. There has to be an outlier, and AO is one of them.

    Perhaps it is possible for him to "unlock" his emotions, but if so, I think it is evident that he has no idea how, and I certainly don't know how.

    Course, you wouldn't be the first to think this. But I think AO is misunderstood.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

  4. #134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Hey now, that's not very nice!
    Worse then other comments on here? I'm simply stating my opinions and feelings as truthfully as I can.

    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    I think that AO is being sincere. He has never claimed to not have emotions whatsoever, just that he has them much less often, and is effected by them much less than average person. Which is believable, imo. There has to be an outlier, and AO is one of them.
    If he has not directly said it, (which I am sure he has, I'm just too lazy to go back and find the particular quote I am thinking of) he certainly implies that he has no romantic emotions whatsoever. (and I did mean romantic, sorry for not clarifying) Anyways, he seems to brag about it and that completely turns me off. In another post he admitted he may be too confident - another major turn off. I am an INFP, and I do need someone emotionally sensitive, but I also need someone who isn't proudly basking in their obvious flaws.

    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Perhaps it is possible for him to "unlock" his emotions, but if so, I think it is evident that he has no idea how, and I certainly don't know how.
    Hm...I see your point and I understand. I do. You say you don't know how, but yet you in no way rub off on me the way he does. From what I have seen, you can laugh at yourself and you don't seem to be overly proud and gloating in the fact that you're horrible at expressing any soft, sensitive or romantic emotion like he does. I'm not even convinced that he WANTS to "unlock" his emotions.

    I don't know him and I don't claim to have him all figured out, I'm just going by the vibes that I've gotten from his past postings. I have a few INTP, INTJ friends and I love them. They over think things, they're completely and totally analytical and I have to practically beg to get them to hug me much less spill their guts. But, they WANT to become more sensitive and they WANT to express their feelings. They WANT to be able to put themselves out there; they're not afraid of getting hurt and I just don't believe that AO is like that. I feel like for some reason, he's making himself incapable of putting his emotional guard down.


    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Course, you wouldn't be the first to think this. But I think AO is misunderstood.
    You could be completely right. I could be totally misunderstanding him - it's highly possible and I don't want to seem that I'm attacking. I'm just simply stating the vibes and feelings I'm getting from him. I'd love for him to prove me wrong.
    All people see, but no one sees the same.

  5. #135
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shelovesyoumaybe View Post
    Worse then other comments on here? I'm simply stating my opinions and feelings as truthfully as I can.
    It's ok, my statement was mostly sarcasm, mostly.

    If he has not directly said it, (which I am sure he has, I'm just too lazy to go back and find the particular quote I am thinking of) he certainly implies that he has no romantic emotions whatsoever. (and I did mean romantic, sorry for not clarifying) Anyways, he seems to brag about it and that completely turns me off. In another post he admitted he may be too confident - another major turn off. I am an INFP, and I do need someone emotionally sensitive, but I also need someone who isn't proudly basking in their obvious flaws.
    Right, I think this is where the misunderstanding comes in. I think he is simply stating facts about himself, but this comes off as bragging to others. Doesn't help that English isn't his first language.

    Hm...I see your point and I understand. I do. You say you don't know how, but yet you in no way rub off on me the way he does. From what I have seen, you can laugh at yourself and you don't seem to be overly proud and gloating in the fact that you're horrible at expressing any soft, sensitive or romantic emotion like he does. I'm not even convinced that he WANTS to "unlock" his emotions.
    Actually, I may agree with you here. It doesn't seem like he wants to unlock his emotions, but I think that's possibly because he hasn't experienced them so he doesn't know what he's missing out on, he can't know, not having the experiential background.

    I don't know him and I don't claim to have him all figured out, I'm just going by the vibes that I've gotten from his past postings. I have a few INTP, INTJ friends and I love them. They over think things, they're completely and totally analytical and I have to practically beg to get them to hug me much less spill their guts. But, they WANT to become more sensitive and they WANT to express their feelings. They WANT to be able to put themselves out there; they're not afraid of getting hurt and I just don't believe that AO is like that. I feel like for some reason, he's making himself incapable of putting his emotional guard down.
    Yeah, I can relate to wanting to feel more, but in the past I wasn't that way. I didn't feel things, so I didn't know that feelings things were so enjoyable. :P

    You could be completely right. I could be totally misunderstanding him - it's highly possible and I don't want to seem that I'm attacking. I'm just simply stating the vibes and feelings I'm getting from him. I'd love for him to prove me wrong.
    Aye. And I'm stating the vibes I'm getting from him. I could be wrong too. I used to think the way you did too, but as I've continued to read his posts, I came to the conclusion that he is just a bit of a bad communicator.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

  6. #136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    It's ok, my statement was mostly sarcasm, mostly.
    Ah, okay.



    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Right, I think this is where the misunderstanding comes in. I think he is simply stating facts about himself, but this comes off as bragging to others. Doesn't help that English isn't his first language.
    Ah-ha...I see. I see. That makes a lot of sense. I'm willing to believe and sincerely hope that's the truth.



    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Actually, I may agree with you here. It doesn't seem like he wants to unlock his emotions, but I think that's possibly because he hasn't experienced them so he doesn't know what he's missing out on, he can't know, not having the experiential background.
    That also makes a lot of sense. Now I feel bad for seemingly making snap judgment (which is one of the worst sins in my opinion, haha). Do you think a balanced NF could be what he needs? Someone who could slowly draw those deep emotions out of him? Show him how to really feel? Sure, they'd probably have to be more thick-skinned then most NF's b/c of his persistent denial/and or whatever else, but if they preserved they might could get a really good, balanced relationship out of him.



    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Yeah, I can relate to wanting to feel more, but in the past I wasn't that way. I didn't feel things, so I didn't know that feelings things were so enjoyable. :P
    That really makes a lot of sense. I can't personally relate, because I feel almost too much. But I really can see that being his case.



    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Aye. And I'm stating the vibes I'm getting from him. I could be wrong too. I used to think the way you did too, but as I've continued to read his posts, I came to the conclusion that he is just a bit of a bad communicator.
    I hope you're right and I hope he doesn't think I'm attacking or hating on him. I'm just very...turned off, you might say But, I naturally look at people like him as a challenge. Although I'd likely leave whatever relationship we had (IF we could over the terribly big barrier of unattractive) because I wouldn't be patient enough to change him.
    All people see, but no one sees the same.

  7. #137
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shelovesyoumaybe View Post
    Ah, okay.
    Yup. And please don't interpret that I was attacking you, I was just defendin' mah buddy here.

    Ah-ha...I see. I see. That makes a lot of sense. I'm willing to believe and sincerely hope that's the truth.
    Ayup.

    That also makes a lot of sense. Now I feel bad for seemingly making snap judgment (which is one of the worst sins in my opinion, haha).
    Don't feel bad. It was corrected in the end. No harm done, eh?

    Do you think a balanced NF could be what he needs? Someone who could slowly draw those deep emotions out of him? Show him how to really feel? Sure, they'd probably have to be more thick-skinned then most NF's b/c of his persistent denial/and or whatever else, but if they preserved they might could get a really good, balanced relationship out of him.
    Possibly. I honestly have no idea. What unlocked my emotions? I'm not sure.

    That really makes a lot of sense. I can't personally relate, because I feel almost too much. But I really can see that being his case.
    Ya, common TvF difference, although highly exaggerated in this case.

    I hope you're right and I hope he doesn't think I'm attacking or hating on him. I'm just very...turned off, you might say But, I naturally look at people like him as a challenge. Although I'd likely leave whatever relationship we had (IF we could over the terribly big barrier of unattractive) because I wouldn't be patient enough to change him.
    He'll be ok. He'll probably look at it as a learning experience, seeing interesting perspectives (especially my posts, I'm not sure I've said this to him directly... ). Hopefully he'll unlock 'em someday, but maybe he won't. He seems satisfied with how he is right now (which is part of the problem), so he'll be ok.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

  8. #138
    Senior Member Azseroffs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shelovesyoumaybe View Post
    If you would like an explanation as to why, feel free to ask. But I have a feeling that you don't, and that you saying you have no emotions whatsoever is just a front that you put up to protect yourself. If you would let your guard down and get your head out of logic's ass, only then would I even consider dating you.
    I saw this and just had to comment on it, because I've had some people say this to me.

    Some people (probably T types) genuinely don't have strong emotions to protect, and naturally come off cold without having to hide anything. This statement hits a raw nerve of because of people who try to read me and don't understand anything about me. Just because you(not personal) have all these emotions and feel the need to protect them doesn't mean that someone else has to be that way if they seem cold.
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)

  9. #139
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,667

    Default

    It looks like I have some explaining to do. I will do so when I have more time.
    What will be soon.

  10. #140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Yup. And please don't interpret that I was attacking you, I was just defendin' mah buddy here.
    Don't worry, I completely understand. I apologize if I came off as arrogant and/or attacking.







    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Don't feel bad. It was corrected in the end. No harm done, eh?




    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Hopefully he'll unlock 'em someday, but maybe he won't. He seems satisfied with how he is right now (which is part of the problem), so he'll be ok.
    Exactly. I think that is most of the problem. Maybe he'll realize that and start opening up
    All people see, but no one sees the same.

Similar Threads

  1. Could you try to help me figure out my type?
    By Chernushka in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2017, 08:46 PM
  2. Just try to type me! Let me see you take a shot at it!
    By Faketrollaccount in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2014, 06:33 PM
  3. Would you want to know the date of your death?
    By Such Irony in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 04:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO