• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs: Do you think you'd make a good leader?

Do you think you have leadership capabilities?

• ENTP leader

Votes: 13 18.6%
  • ENTP not leader

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • INTP leader

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • INTP not leader

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • ENTJ leader

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • ENTJ not leader

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • INTJ leader

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • INTJ not leader

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm curious as to which NTs consider themselves leader types. This poll is asking if you think you have the capabilities to lead well, not if you WANT to lead.

I think that I have the potential to lead, but only if I keep myself detached from my coworkers (or whichever group it is that I'm leading). I have a problem coming down hard on people who are my close friends.

Please vote and share your thoughts!

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
That would depend a lot on how expert I am on the matter and how I like the task I have to lead to completion. If I'm quite an expert (better than all the other people present) and I like it, I can be a good leader, I think. However, I really dislike to ask for stuff or reprimand the people I am leading; so I'm better at leading a task such as, say, an exploration of a new road rather than a work-project, since in the latter I tend to just try to do as much work as I can by myself. I also have a lot of trouble correcting people and/or generally telling them how they should do things, which is something that leaders should generally be good at.

Jasz

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
i'm intp and i would qualify myself as a leader though i sure have my weak spots (often lack coaching skills, sometimes not sufficiently inspiring).

G

garbage

I often rise to positions of leadership.. it's a compulsion for me. If I don't know much about the subject at hand, I'll recruit people who do. It's all a matter of organizing and using talent and resources effectively.

groovejet02

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Nope. As an INTP I will be better suited on the background, supplying critical feedback and ideas.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could only be an effective leader in a position of total authority. To me, that means I'm probably not a good leader.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I'm very good at it, laid back and fun. I don't like to be in that position, although I am often thrust in by default.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Mmmh.

I've been in "leadership" many times.

I'm not really sure I like it though. I like bringing in new ideas and coordinating things to get the plan done... One big qualm I have is in controlling/supervising people, I find that very tedious. I also don't like managing interpersonal conflict.

I find that the leadership position is a rather ungrateful one, as when everything goes well, it's thanks to the team, and when things go wrong its yours. I'd rather just generate ideas and make the plan, then let someone else manage all the rest.

So would I make a good leader - yes if I wanted to I would. Would I like to be a leader - no thanks.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes. A leadership role is one of the few times I'm able to overcome my natural introversion and social anxiety.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
If there was an end goal I was interested in, I strongly prefer to lead a group of people - in fact I don't do well in groups as a general rule if I'm not the leader. I either want to lead (and only then competent people - not interested in hand-holding other members) or I want to work alone. I can also get tyrannical if I consider the people I'm leading to be less than efficient. I try to avoid it, obviously, but it does seem to come naturally when I'm frustrated, which is usually often. Ugh.

blanclait

MBTI Type
ENTP
Along as i'm not leading bunch of idiots.
(eg. mcdonald manager)
i would do an excellent job.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not voting cause that would make me commit to a type but yes, being in a leadership role is my favourite part of my job, I usually don't need/want it socially though.

Frank

I'm fairly good at recognizing skill in others and then using those skills to reach the desired outcome.

Not_Me

MBTI Type
INTj
I believe I have the necessary skills. Socially, I will always lead if the outcome was important. In the work world, I have stayed in technical rather than lead roles, but I think this has been limiting. Others end up getting rewarded for my accomplishment. Others created ineffective work environments which I had to endure.

So, my objective is to obtain a lead position within the next year. Only then will I be able to determine if the grass is really greener on the other side.

sculpting

ENTJs seem to be compulsive leaders. They cannot help but lead.

INTPs in general are not good leaders. They are amazing in so many, womderful, profoundly useful ways so trying to make them lead others is actually a waste of resources when you could employ them more effeciently where they really excel

INTJs can lead but it is an abrupt, disjointed leadership at times due to inadvertant injuries they deploy on others. However, they are always right, usually, and will never stand down once committed to moving the mountain so can do well.

ENTPs can play the social systems and develop new process so leadership skills can be learned, however they dont have the intense inner Ni/Te drive to complete the mission so I dont think they are always happy there.

Just fyi I just escaped the regime of an ENFP COO. Es no Bueno.

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Depends.

Is it just a random group or is it a group that respects me and that I respect?
Is it within my field of competences or not?
What size of a group are we talking about?
Am I passionate about said project for which I'd have to lead the team?
How competent are the said workers?

Splittet

Wannabe genius
MBTI Type
INTJ
Depends.

Is it just a random group or is it a group that respects me and that I respect?
Is it within my field of competences or not?
What size of a group are we talking about?
Am I passionate about said project for which I'd have to lead the team?
How competent are the said workers?

What he said.