User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    It depends. If it's business or meeting with a lover's family, I suck it up. It's strategically to my advantage for those people to like me. So, I can charm. Otherwise, I'm very stoic. I go out of my way to avoid speaking with others on a day to day basis. I've been known to just walk away from strangers without a single word exchanged on my half. I dislike expending unnecessary energy for small talk.

Me old Mam (probable ISFJ) used to say, when I was young, I could be very charming... if I wanted to.

Everyone's over-rating their social skills.

I have an ISFP neighbour. Comparing him to me, he's gregarious. He has people come to visit and is a very, very laid-back host that other people like.

INTPs? Charming? You guys are all pricks. Very willing to offer negative reinforcement if you've Ne'd an "I don't like this guy" feeling about someone.

As for my social skills, no one comes into my house unless there's sex involved. Outside the house, I hang out and talk to strangers.

But I'm blunt, easily bored, demanding, and more driven than cheerful when it comes to actual smiling.

Who's going to have social skills if they're not big on Fi, have an S backbone, or have Fe somewhere in their make up? And this whole topic reeks of Fe.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Cypocalypse View Post

INFJ - I know a very handful of them. None of them appears to be attractively charming (physically. Because probably they're not too concerned over their looks), but they have this empathic lure that will probably make you instantly go past beyond your aesthetic desires and easily admire them for what they are. Being an INTP, I think I immediately connect with an INFJ without so much doing a careful thought. They just do connect deeply, without them realizing it.
    haha, physical attractiveness is not type-related. The INTPs that I've met, I like a lot though.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by MrRandom View Post
    ISFP - I have one as a friend. He's a very lonely dude. He's not able to connect with most people. His old friends seem to abandon him little by little. He desires a lot more social contact, but he seems unable to get it. I've never met any other person so emotional; in fact, that was not a compliment. His world crushes apart every other day and I'm there to pick up the pieces. He takes zero advice from me, but always later admits that I was right (as I was seeing the situation objectively). That pattern is starting to become annoying.
    Ahhhhhhh Yeah, I can see a lot of myself in that. The annoying thing on this end is that people often seem to think we want to be alone all the time. I've rarely got invited to parties and stuff and have heard as the reason "Oh, we figured you wouldn't want to come. You're always doing your own stuff." The thing is, I will always find something to do - boredom is death, but I actually love being included and invited in things and love it even more if there is some opportunity to show off my talents in some way.

But yeah, my laid-back aloof attitude about things tends to make people think that I don't care whether I'm included in what they're doing, and I'm not very good at expressing that I do care, so the cycle tends to continue.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Ahhhhhhh Yeah, I can see a lot of myself in that. The annoying thing on this end is that people often seem to think we want to be alone all the time. I've rarely got invited to parties and stuff and have heard as the reason "Oh, we figured you wouldn't want to come. You're always doing your own stuff." The thing is, I will always find something to do - boredom is death, but I actually love being included and invited in things and love it even more if there is some opportunity to show off my talents in some way.

But yeah, my laid-back aloof attitude about things tends to make people think that I don't care whether I'm included in what they're doing, and I'm not very good at expressing that I do care, so the cycle tends to continue.
    holy cow I relate to this post very well. of course its the only post I've read in the thread off to read the rest

*ps we need a smiley that has a sword raised herioicly that would make this post complete*
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I've been known to just walk away from strangers without a single word exchanged on my half.
    Badass. More of us introverts need to learn to do this.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    holy cow I relate to this post very well. of course its the only post I've read in the thread off to read the rest

*ps we need a smiley that has a sword raised herioicly that would make this post complete*
    We shall call it Fi Sword! It will heroically slay the T dragons!

:fisword:

Dang, it didn't work.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    yupp

Dang, it didn't work.
    aww

we shouldn't f up this thread too much, they might resent us
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I've been known to just walk away from strangers without a single word exchanged on my half.
    I have a confession to make. I've done this too. Which is why I get called arrogant. If they have nothing to say that I deem worth listening too, I won't engage.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Dang, it didn't work.

Here, use mine.

[/url]
    Last edited by highlander; 08-16-2015 at 11:25 AM.

MBTI
    ENTP

I can say I have good social skills. I can get along with many types of people, and for some reason there are always some people who take interest in me. Even when i don't make any moves.

of course in return theres always someone whos pissed at me for something. Usually they are the typical extrovert feelers. And they try so hard to bring me down or try to kinda pick a fight. But it's too damn amusing most of the times.
    Which even annoys them more.

i swear i'm a natural born troll.