Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Default My curse...

How come do things make perfect sense to me but not to other people? I have ideas vivid in my mind but have trouble explaining them so they make sense to other people. Or maybe I'm schizophrenic...

Could I possibly have an overdeveloped Ni function at the expense of Te?

Could my anxieties be because of dwelling on my Ni conceptions too much that I become afraid of the world?

MBTI
    INTP

Surely it is simply a matter of communicative ability. Some logic and lines of reasoning will be beyond the understanding of average minds, but you should find at least a handful of bright people who can comprehend your reasoning if it is expressed lucidly.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrus View Post
    Surely it is simply a matter of communicative ability. Some logic and lines of reasoning will be beyond the understanding of average minds, but you should find at least a handful of bright people who can comprehend your reasoning if it is expressed lucidly.
    Either that, or he's insane. Either theory fits the data.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    Either that, or he's insane. Either theory fits the data.
    When two theories fit the data it usually means both in a hellish, mind-warping concoction.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    How come do things make perfect sense to me but not to other people? I have ideas vivid in my mind but have trouble explaining them so they make sense to other people. Or maybe I'm schizophrenic...

Could my anxieties be because of dwelling on my Ni conceptions too much that I become afraid of the world?
    Is it possible that you're mixing up "people understand my ideas" with "people agree with my ideas"? Do you feel that if only you could communicate them perfectly, people would have no choice but to agree? I submit that you're communicating them fine, and people understand them, but they simply disagree.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Is it possible that you're mixing up "people understand my ideas" with "people agree with my ideas"? Do you feel that if only you could communicate them perfectly, people would have no choice but to agree? I submit that you're communicating them fine, and people understand them, but they simply disagree.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Probably. But you can't help it. There are things you can see vividly in your inner world that you can't explain, simply because they are inexplicable. You can explain some of them, or part of them, but not all of them. But you should try to develop your Te somewhat, and not stay with Ni all the time. Te will at least give you a way to appreciate a secondary goal, because you'll never be able to completely explain your inner thoughts to anyone. Ni as a dominant function gives inner clarity, at the price of being capable of achieving real happiness. There are some benefits, though. The longer you mull something over, the better you'll be able to explain at least part of it. Keep trying to explain it, though. You'll get some fulfillment out of the partial achievement.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Ivy is a goddess.

(And youth is impetuous.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Peel me a grape.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Does it make you anxious that your ideas don't make sense to others? Do you find security in your ideas, but that is shaken when they create conflict with the outside world?

If you have ideas you value, but feel you aren't communicating them, then that is reason to work on developing better communication. In some ways, i suspect that is what drives many people to develop their skills.

Also, to take a cue from Ivy's comment, how do you feel when someone disagrees with you and presents a reasoned argument as to why? Do you have trouble accepting the new information? Does that also make you anxious?

I guess it's just difficult for me to respond with answers because of the nature of your question.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.