• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Si] What makes you jealous?

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
People who are smarter than me. Yes it's immature, still true.

Also people who are living the ideal life that I'm after (like my cousin -_-)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not the jealous type for material possessions or status. I do have some insecurity personally and am a bit of the jealous type in a relationship, although I appreciate it if the person i'm with has a similar level of not wanting others to get too friendly or flirty with me, so I am more than willing to take in what I dish out in that regards. The blurred boundary thing in a relationship makes me feel confused, jealous, and alone when on either end of it.

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
I get jealous when someone is getting easy attention from someone I'm working hard to get attention from.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Jealousy is a sign of insecurity, which is a sign of weakness. It will accomplish nothing to feel or act as such. I got over jealousy in 3rd grade or earlier.

RAWR!!! OH YEAH!!!

Will you at least admit you're jealous of Henry Rollins? ;)

Rangler

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w8
I've never met someone who didn't have a jealously button. Desire is a common human experience.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Oh I desire stuff all the time but I always perceived jealousy as a combination of wanting something someone else had and resenting them for having it.

I often want what other people have but I've never resented a person for it. Nor have I ever wanted to take something someone else had from them. I just look for a way to get myself the same thing.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I get jealous of people who are better at the things I aspire to be good at. I do try to rein it in as soon as I feel it, though. I know being jealous doesn't serve any other purpose but to sidetrack me.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i feel the same way tiny and have always felt secure in my relationships but i think before a relationship there's a chance of jealousy for me...if someone i liked seemed to like someone else...that might bother me.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
i feel the same way tiny and have always felt secure in my relationships but i think before a relationship there's a chance of jealousy for me...if someone i liked seemed to like someone else...that might bother me.

Yeah, that bothers me, too. But I also have the thing where if they like someone else, I no longer have the self-loathing to chase after them.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Nothing,
jealousy if for losers relying on superficial external proofs of a self confidence that should after all be internal before being a social construct.
so like 99% of the population.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
RAWR!!! OH YEAH!!!

Will you at least admit you're jealous of Henry Rollins? ;)

Henry Rollins is too cool to be jealous of. He's a great example of a man who doesn't give a sh*t what anyone else thinks but still has his wits about him.

:)

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
When I was about 26 I was in a relationship where my jealousy was out of control. I had dated enough before and had the "usual" amount of jealous distraction but this partner was like some kind of drug to me, and I didn't want anyone else near her. Of course she was pretty much a free spirit, wicked smart and talented and a few years younger. Of course it all tanked (I was very much what I might understand to be an intense ISTJ back then) and the aftermath (and damage)taught me how absolutely worthless jealousy is. People will be and do what they will. We cannot expect to control them and even if we did, what kind of relationship is that? Bodies crave what bodies crave. Of course now I have the distinct advantage of looking back over 20 years at the situation.

The flip side is my avoidance of jealousy seems to make a deep investment in someone else difficult. Always allowing for the possibility that someone may decide to "change their mind" or pursue other desires seems to keep me just one step away from ever feeling total involvement or partnership. Jealousy in its best sense probably helps us realize potential threats to our happiness and gives us an opportunity to honestly address them. Putting jealousy away, refusing to use it may inhibit traditional or conventional relationships.

Intellectual loyalty, spiritual loyalty are what (if anything) have taken the place of the jealousy I might have for what someone does with their body. But abandon or abuse a commonly shared belief without good reason and I would be quite upset.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
When I was about 26 I was in a relationship where my jealousy was out of control. I had dated enough before and had the "usual" amount of jealous distraction but this partner was like some kind of drug to me, and I didn't want anyone else near her. Of course she was pretty much a free spirit, wicked smart and talented and a few years younger. Of course it all tanked (I was very much what I might understand to be an intense ISTJ back then) and the aftermath (and damage)taught me how absolutely worthless jealousy is. People will be and do what they will. We cannot expect to control them and even if we did, what kind of relationship is that? Bodies crave what bodies crave. Of course now I have the distinct advantage of looking back over 20 years at the situation.

The flip side is my avoidance of jealousy seems to make a deep investment in someone else difficult. Always allowing for the possibility that someone may decide to "change their mind" or pursue other desires seems to keep me just one step away from ever feeling total involvement or partnership. Jealousy in its best sense probably helps us realize potential threats to our happiness and gives us an opportunity to honestly address them. Putting jealousy away, refusing to use it may inhibit traditional or conventional relationships.

Intellectual loyalty, spiritual loyalty are what (if anything) have taken the place of the jealousy I might have for what someone does with their body. But abandon or abuse a commonly shared belief without good reason and I would be quite upset.

Interesting post. Can't relate to it that much due to circumstances, but even though I don't consider myself a jealous person at all, it all boils down to feeling fulfilled or having felt fulfilled. I never really experienced mutuality in terms of love (it's either all me or all her I'd say, but you can never truly be 100% sure I guess) and I think that has caused some jealousy in the past. Not something I would ever act upon, but seeing someone happy with another person can make me question myself (something I rarely do) and my avoidance of jealousy also seems to make a deep investment in someone else difficult. If you've won a battle, no matter how many future battles you might lose, you'll always harbor hope to win the war in the end. If you haven't, you'll think you are doomed from the get go. It's really unhealthy but I think it might be tied to NF idealism although I'm sure other types might be prone to doing it to.

ThinkingAboutIt

MBTI Type
INTP
Alright maybe it's been done before but here goes.
ONLY speak from your own experience of envy.
Don’t be shy.
What makes you jealous?
Everyone is sometimes. It’s easy to talk about other people’s issues, but let’s talk about our own for now and teach each other.

Nothing makes me jealous...