• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Si] What makes you jealous?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People who are more talented and accomplished than I am. Especially in areas important to me.

People who have personality traits I greatly admire that I lack.

People who are in long-term intimate relationships and totally happy with their relationship.

I'm sometimes jealous of peoples' jobs. People who have a more exciting job or a significantly higher paying one.

Yeah, I should stop being jealous of others so much.

That is all.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Being outdone in a skill which I pride myself in.

Jaguar

N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Jealousy is a sign of insecurity, which is a sign of weakness. It will accomplish nothing to feel or act as such.

I should have known our answer would be the same.
Cheers, brother.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I really can't think of anything... I have pretty simple tastes and if I really want something I'll get it :shrug:

if I have to be jealous, I'm not doing things right :laugh:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Right now I'm a bit jealous of all these natural sales people. I'm too fi for it. I don't even want you to have it if you don't genuinely want it. I gotta shake that for real.

Romantically tho... I'm not very jealous. I can't deal with that emotion. I've had it directed my way and it pisses me off beyond belief. It's fucking pointless and IMO complete shit. Getting all pissy towards someone because of your insecurities. Lame. The feeling serves no purpose it doesn't prevent anything from happening but just might ruin your relationship due to lack of trust, resentment etc.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A few jobs back, I was intensely jealous of a women who started around about the same time as me. She was small, cute and Asian. I'm serious (first impression), standoffish, and a wee bit chubby. I resented the fact she got loads more attention than me based on her looks alone.(This was a workplace full of women.)
I snapped one day when the manager had managed to mix our progress reports up, as I, at that point was quite clearly better at the job, and was offered the very inadequate excuse of she couldn't keep all the new people straight.
Luckily for me, there was a couple of workmates around who'd seen this before, and managed to soothe my ruffled feathers.
Fast forward to six months, I was the golden girl who could do no wrong, and the workmate I started with, was on her last warning and pretty close to being fired. Her incompetency had become legendary, and on countless times we had to stay back and reset up work she had f@$% up. I felt somewhat vindicated when she got fired.
By then she had managed to insult everyone working there, offend most of the men by coming onto them (it bordered on sexual harassment...her favourite pick line was "have you ever wanted to rape some one?). There were questions about her qualifications being forged (I'm deadly serious)....She was a real nightmare.
After I left that job, those guys repeated all their mistakes again, except the plain girl who was left on the outer, left, and the pretty girl turned out to be a head case who had to be arrested on work premises because she threatened one of the staff.

Oh wow, that was a few years ago! I remember that work place, it was a screwed up place.

I get jealous of people who are better than me at things I think I'm good at. Also of people who are prettier than me on days when I'm feeling insecure about my looks. Also when people monopolize friends/loved ones when I want attention. I was there first, damnit! Don't make me cut you!

G

Ginkgo

My insecurity with the lack of what I want, which tends to center around knowledge and understanding.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A worldly ESTP once.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I should have known our answer would be the same.
Cheers, brother.

YES!!! :yesss:

Once again, I am in good company!!

:solidarity:

Cheers to you, Sir!

:cheers:

-Alex

Lightyear

I never used to be jealous but over the last few years I have realised that when someone's life seems to be too picture-perfect and successful I tend to question them and poke around until I find something about them that isn't perfect. If I am honest with myself this habit of mine is in some ways connected to jealousy, trying to find a weakness in someone else to make myself feel better about my own failings.

S

Society

i am jealous of people with faster metabolism, better flexibility in accents, and who where more decisive in their early 20s then i was.
i am jealous of past-me for the family he had, and i am optimistically jealous of future me.

romantically, i get jealous when something i feel i am not getting in the relationship - something i brought up and she knows i want and still won't give me - is then given freely to others. past examples where public affection, quality time, attention, admiration, etc'...

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm jealous of people who are better than me, in any capacity. :<

Ah just wanna be teh best.

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
I am pretty jealous of people who just do things and don't obsess about consequences. Actually I'm jealous of anyone who obsesses less than I do, because they are usually enjoying their lives more than I am!

shadowjasmine

Instinctual Variant
sx
I get jealous when people in my class are strugling with the concept and they try too hard but they're not smart enough so they are able to ask for extra help and the teacher calls them the best student even though I'm smarter and I didn't even need to get help but the teacher is bias and likes it when students talk to them. I think to myself oh yeah try taking a test on the concept with my amount of effort and studying yeah you won't do well because I'm smarter and don't need all the extra help. I'm a natural and I don't even get credit for it.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I get jealous when people in my class are strugling with the concept and they try too hard but they're not smart enough so they are able to ask for extra help and the teacher calls them the best student even though I'm smarter and I didn't even need to get help but the teacher is bias and likes it when students talk to them. I think to myself oh yeah try taking a test on the concept with my amount of effort and studying yeah you won't do well because I'm smarter and don't need all the extra help. I'm a natural and I don't even get credit for it.

Are you playing a character right now?

S

Society

often, when lacking sufficient information, i find myself assesting different possible causes for current affects. mentally, this somewhat translates to living in limbo between alternative universes, a situation in which any potential me can be jellous of any of the other potential me's.

right now, given a situation were there are 5 probable explanations based on my given data - 2 that are disappointing & 3 that have various levels of potential - there is a 40% chance i am jealous of the other me's. and given the related heightened testosterone levels associated with this situation, disorderly conduct is not unlikely.

...may reality be it's brawl.

W

WALMART

when engaged with another, i'm jealous of the wind that blows across their skin.

i'm bad.