User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I get very jealous when I see any couple. I also get pretty jealous when anyone talks about their SO. Plus I'm normal in the fact that if I see someone with something I want then I will be jealous, but there aren't many material things I want so that doesn't happen often. Otherwise I'm not really a jealous person.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTJ

I haven't liked when women put their hands on my husband's upper leg (and rub) while talking to him.
    Who does that?! That's just all kinds of inappropriate.

EDIT: Blackcat, when I've been single, seeing very in-love couples also makes me incredibly jealous and sorry for myself.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

When I find someone is banging the person I'm crushing on... that usually does it for me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

When someone steals my thunder...I have so very little charisma in the first place, so when my one chance to be charming comes along and is swiped right from under me, I'm never happy about it. The other person never means to do it, of course.

When another artist, who I consider my peer, is fawned over by the public, I get a little jealous but will remain happy for them.

I'm not a terribly envious person and moments of jealousy don't last long. I don't like it when they do show up...it makes it hard to focus on what I need to do.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Blackcat, when I've been single, seeing very in-love couples also makes me incredibly jealous and sorry for myself.
    Precisely. I already kinda feel love starved so just seeing something makes it worse.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Plus I'm normal in the fact that if I see someone with something I want then I will be jealous, but there aren't many material things I want so that doesn't happen often.
    My oldest cat is overcome with envy every time he glimpses your avatar.

Does that help?

i envy the communion of other people. mostly when people who i like are being spontaneously extroverted together. I envy it pretty badly (but without resent!).
    if a girl knows how to play a guitar and has a very soulful voice, i will just die right ahead. obviously she has communion, as a property of soul, and various skills are the fruits of it. the voyeur blues ... ill fantasize a little about the cheesy guy who thought her to play the guitar (and got to lay her, probably) but mostly i will hate god for not giving me a sparked soul like the one her voice is coming from.

other than that no classical and conscious envy.
    (i am sort of okay with being a looser.)

there is no word for "Missgunst" in my dictionary. when you don't want someone to have something that they "have in a wrong way", eg power incompetently and destructive, then this is not "malevolence" (or whatever my dictionary thinks, begrudge, resent?) its a strong social care/group thinking. yes, the feeling might be a projection, but that doesn't mean you logic is at fault. its not envy but people will call it that way, cause people never understand anything. like "your are just envy that i have the power to fuck everyone over. it proves that you would like to do that yourself" standard sociopath's argument. what it really proves is that one would like to have the power to be in charge of the position of the incompetent person, to replace him, so one could use the power responsibly. but one has disintegrated his power or wish for it, cause one is critical about ones competence. which might be a reasonable assessment. using power responsibly does include giving it away to someone more competent, but not giving it to someone who sucks. ... wait "jealous" seems to be the proper translation for "missgunst" ...."resentful of another's possessions"

oh, there is another situation, where i am envious:

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle
    When someone steals my thunder...I have so very little charisma in the first place, so when my one chance to be charming comes along and is swiped right from under me, I'm never happy about it. The other person never means to do it, of course.
    it's much like that, but its not a common thing for me. i only experienced it with one specific person's unique type of thunder and eventually one person's type of stealing. the stealing part may relate to what i have explained above, but the thunder issue was a bad bad bad psychological issue, in that particular case. too twisted for this thread right now. my analysis is still in an experimental stage.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

A few jobs back, I was intensely jealous of a women who started around about the same time as me. She was small, cute and Asian. I'm serious (first impression), standoffish, and a wee bit chubby. I resented the fact she got loads more attention than me based on her looks alone.(This was a workplace full of women.)
    I snapped one day when the manager had managed to mix our progress reports up, as I, at that point was quite clearly better at the job, and was offered the very inadequate excuse of she couldn't keep all the new people straight.
    Luckily for me, there was a couple of workmates around who'd seen this before, and managed to soothe my ruffled feathers.
    Fast forward to six months, I was the golden girl who could do no wrong, and the workmate I started with, was on her last warning and pretty close to being fired. Her incompetency had become legendary, and on countless times we had to stay back and reset up work she had f@$% up. I felt somewhat vindicated when she got fired.
    By then she had managed to insult everyone working there, offend most of the men by coming onto them (it bordered on sexual harassment...her favourite pick line was "have you ever wanted to rape some one?). There were questions about her qualifications being forged (I'm deadly serious)....She was a real nightmare.
    After I left that job, those guys repeated all their mistakes again, except the plain girl who was left on the outer, left, and the pretty girl turned out to be a head case who had to be arrested on work premises because she threatened one of the staff.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by hopeseed View Post
    Alright maybe it's been done before but here goes.
    ONLY speak from your own experience of envy.
    Dont be shy.
    What makes you jealous?
    Everyone is sometimes. Its easy to talk about other peoples issues, but lets talk about our own for now and teach each other.
    N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Jealousy is a sign of insecurity, which is a sign of weakness. It will accomplish nothing to feel or act as such. I got over jealousy in 3rd grade or earlier.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

What is this jealous of which you speak? I don't think I come built with this emotion.