User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: An angry ENTP

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    Y
    Yes, he has always little bit like that. But never to this extent. And before he couldn't stay angry more than a minute, after which he would say something hilarious and we would laugh at it all.

that souns so much like an ENTP.

And I think he treats all the people little bit similarly, but of course, not to this extent. But other friends he has are not so analytical nor fact-respecting as I am, and thus aren't so often in arguments with him.

this is the same reason i crack jokes on ISTJs (but i never insult them) cus ISTJs think they are analytical. but believe me brother the ISTJ i know(and i know a lot of them) are not analytical. but they think they are. they most of the time see only one side of the story. but if you are talented enough you can convince them. but you can't convince ISTJs with theory. you have to comeup with facts. CONCRETE EXAMPLES AND PROOF.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I had some trouble with an ISxJ friend a while back. We eventually grew apart even though we've been friends for a long time. From my perspective the biggest problem was he kept misinterpreting what I said or did. Eventually he just got really pissed at me, and I wasn't sure what to do about it.
    i have the same experience with a ESFJ friend. but then again i am careful and changes the subject when things get heaty.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Sj's are my worst nightmare, overly anal and control freaks... I suspect he is feeling overly hemmed in by you. Perhaps accept him as he is and do what you can to be less annoying to him???

Lis
    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Wacky thoughts does not an ENTP make... Seriously, anyone can have "wacky" thoughts. ENTPs are pretty laid back. Yeah, we'll debate pretty much anything, but the rest of the description doesn't really fit.
    i agree. ENTPs are too laid back to START SHOUTING right? am i not right on this? i cant ever remember a single ENTP i know shouting at someone.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Now that I have been thinking more of it, he really could be an ESTP too. If he is, my apologies for questioning the great NT type.

Sj's are my worst nightmare, overly anal and control freaks... I suspect he is feeling overly hemmed in by you. Perhaps accept him as he is and do what you can to be less annoying to him???
    Yes, it is true that I'm somewhat of a control freak, but usually only on myself. But I have been his moral compass for a while. And I've thought him not to break rules so often. Essentially, to be more SJ. And it has been working: He won't be late so often any more, he puts garbage into a trash can (instead of throwing them to the streets) and he started studying harder.

It might be true, that I may not be as easy-going or cheerful as his other friends, but before this incident he has always said it to be a good thing. Well, I shall introspect my own behavior even more.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

Lis

Let's not put the ENTP in the victim role, too fast. They can be right bastards, just like any other unbalanced type.

I suggest you NOT accept him for who he is, given the brief examples I got from your description, it would be like accepting and thanking a dude for being a jackass. As, if you want to be a true friend, and one of the duties of friendship is to call the other on their bullshit, even as you do it outta love. Esp. if what you are saying is not to harm, temper, but, for his long-term good. Accept only that what you think of your long-term well-being for him and what he thinks of his own long-term well-being, could be very opposite. Accept if you can live with that.

All you can do is own your own part to play in it. After that, let the other learn their own lessons. Esp. ENTP. If something about a person frustrated me in the past, like I believed them to be too 'nice' (faking it to keep-the-peace), too anal, to rule-bound, I would on purpose be a prick, just to test ya, just to see how far.
    I've learned that there's other ways to do that, to real friends. He should as well. If not. Peace!

I would have retreated awhile ago, if that had happened to me. Put some space between us to see if it would calm him down. Or just answered back in a humorously biting manner. Or calmly explained my opinion.

He sounds immature, as if he simply wants to prove his point. Is he aware of doing that? Maybe gently pointing it out a bit would be good, since you're having a conversation.

He could be an ESTP too, from what I've read.

Smile

i agree. ENTPs are too laid back to START SHOUTING right? am i not right on this? i cant ever remember a single ENTP i know shouting at someone.
    [/QUOTE]

I would have to disagree on this...while we dont' normally do this . it still is in the realm of our psyche...i have done this, esp when i was younger and more immature, but i haven't for a long time, except rasing my voice at mykids, which i really hate.

don't ever ASSUME you see or don't see certain traits or behaviors out of ANY type...that goes agianst what MTBI and type theory is all about...i have seen MBTI misused so much...we are all unique and individual and while we gain understanding of each other thu this incredibly powerful tool, it was NEVER meant to pigeon-hole anyone...please consider that it is never absolute..
    thanks

MBTI
    ENTP

i get over being angry before i even notice i am angry

o.O
    She talks pretty but says mean things

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Lis
    Are you fucking kidding me?

This exemplifies all that I hate about MBTI.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    But I have been his moral compass for a while. And I've thought him not to break rules so often.

And it has been working: He won't be late so often any more, he puts garbage into a trash can (instead of throwing them to the streets) and he started studying harder.
    Woah, hold on right there! You've been his moral compass? You've TAUGHT him not to break rules? If he's an entp, I give him all my support.

If you want to be his moral compass, you'll just have to get used to him owning you in arguments and then showing the ownage down your throat. After all, you're force feeding him your morals.

And you can't teach an ENTP anything like that. You're confusing "teaching" with "forcing". If he wanted to follow rules, it'd be teaching, but then he probably wouldn't be ENTP.

And no, it has not been working, he just CHOSE to do those stuff to make you shut up, not because you've convinced him or taught him anything.

Now that he's been playing along with you, have you adapted to him? Have you stopped assuming you know best? Haha, an ISTJ changing his behaviour, that makes me smile a little...

So my advice to you is, ask him what he thinks of you, if there's some reason he's behaving like he is. No ISTJ has ever gotten my hints no matter how clear I send them, so I think you're better off assuming there's something he's trying to tell you but you're not seeing.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Loke, you didn't meet either of them right?
    Because either you just got overly personal in here or you're a psychic.

Just saying. Take it easy. We're trying to be constructive here, if you want more information you got to ask for precisions and only then can you build a working theory.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me?

This exemplifies all that I hate about MBTI.
    Wow, a poorly reasoned argument from Tinkerbell? Alert the media.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?