• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs and Film Noir

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
whatever and simulatedworld, Mitzy; fess up.

I've noticed this trend. I attribute it to the 3rd and fourth function acting in a fantasy compensation....or just love of the detached-theatrical

You?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Much more the latter. My entire life is fantasy compensation.

Really I just love any distinctive self-contained culture that can be easily imitated as a form of mockery, or placed in a seemingly random, unrelated context so that its endearing absurdities provide a comedic purpose. Funny, easily identifiable accents and turns of phrase specific to that culture really help. I really especially like any that seems to take itself deadly seriously, as is the case with much film noir. It lends itself really well to ENTP-style, satirical humor, I think.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
^^Coupled with low-key lighting, high dramatic tension, seedy underbelly of society and femme fatales. Yeah, I'm hooked too. It's everything I avoid in real life.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Drama or Film Noir is no thing for me. I am too sensitive about those things. I rather dont like to burden my mind with additional pessimistic views on the world that come from foreign people.

I like movies about the future that were born out of ideas from the present. Futuristic movies can be pessimistic in that case and if they are only, I dont like them either.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I tend to love movies in general, especially if they are well done. I'm not particularly drawn to the Noir genre more than the others though. I thought The Maltese Falcon was an excellent film, but I'm not out there trying to find every Noir movie ever made.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Neo-Noir is awesome. Actual film noirs from the 50s and so on....not so much. I'd say every film noir since Chinatown has drawn me in in some way.

Of course, I'm not an ENTP, but I wanted to share.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't even know what the fuck film noir is, but if it's truly a trend, I can assure you I'll be avoiding it until it becomes tacky, and probably still even then.

Nickels

MBTI Type
ENTP
Stimulatedworlds doesnt belive in astorlgoy, therefore is he is a bad bad man.

pecan111

not a fan

sorry, no fan here...always dislike such dark themes and ..

it hurts my eyes!!!:shock::newwink:

hey, but give me a movie like Slumdog Millionaire and I am in nirvana!!!
I love MEANING in movies...a lot of foreign film and movies that tell a story, not just shoot em' up, kill em' type violence and gore...Yuck!!!