User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 32

  1. #21
    Senior Member ColonelGadaafi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP
    Posts
    774

    Default

    None, were born, we live, we die.

    If the human race was wiped out tommorow, our existence would not have been, nor meant anything in the course of the very fabric of our reality.

    Humans tend to think that life has a meaning, they refuse to believe that it is just purposeless, thus they make up things like religion , they make personal quests, which we petty humans view as glorious. But in the end they never realize the futility of their own effort, the pettiness of their attempt, the utter meaningless in their goals.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

  2. #22
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,656

    Default

    I dunno..I love introverts, so that's not an issue. But the three other letters, I'm pretty extreme in, which means that S's and myself tend to not be able to get past a certain communicationsbarrier, though I do like a lot of them, T's can be either utterly fascinating or annoyingly pedantic or worse, both; and high Js tend to make me nervous with all their systems and restrictions, though very handy to have around when you have no clue on how to handle something.


    And the meaning of life is experiencing life with every fiber of your being. There. I said it.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  3. #23
    Senior Member ColonelGadaafi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP
    Posts
    774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    And the meaning of life is experiencing life with every fiber of your being. There. I said it.
    Whats the point if you're conciousness eventually dies anyway. All the library of experience will be burnt at one in time.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

  4. #24
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Introverted-esfp View Post
    Whats the point if you're conciousness eventually dies anyway. All the library of experience will be burnt at one in time.
    It's not the goal, or destination. It's the journey itself that has meaning.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  5. #25
    Senior Member ColonelGadaafi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP
    Posts
    774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    It's not the goal, or destination. It's the journey itself that has meaning.
    The journey is worth nothing without closure. Because the journey itself was meaningless in the first place. Erring into nothingness.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

  6. #26
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I don't know what the hell is this thread is about. The thread title looked really appealing, but then the OP seemed a little -- not my taste. So I'll just tell you what the meaning of life is.

    THERE IS NO MEANING OF LIFE. But people are not willing to accept this because they're afraid. Most people create meaning out of their jobs, or their families, or their relationships, making sure their partners are faithful and interested. A lot of people make social approval the meaning of life, even if they won't acknowledge it in a conversation. Others, like me, obsess about perfecting and understanding their personality and their surroundings. They're striving for things, all day, all night, because they think this is what life is about. They're unwilling or unable to really accept the truth about life, which is that it has no meaning. That realization is actually extremely comforting and beautiful, because it evaporates the boundaries between you and the world and cures people's fear of loneliness.
    I think the meaning of life is adorning one's dog with as much Jewish flair as you have time for in one lifetime.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  7. #27
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Introverted-esfp View Post
    The journey is worth nothing without closure. Because the journey itself was meaningless in the first place. Erring into nothingness.
    I disagree
    The things learned on that journey are way more important than the destination could ever be. In fact, they should be the reason you undertake the journey in the first place.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Isn't the meaning of life the universe and everything 42?

    that's what it says in google.

  9. #29
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ngannacvy View Post
    Isn't the meaning of life the universe and everything 42?

    that's what it says in google.
    No. That's the answer.

    answer != meaning.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

  10. #30
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    ISTJ/INTJ, ISFJ/INFJ
    These should be switched to ISTJ/ISFJ, INTJ/INFJ. I don't even know what Si is.

    Following your ENTP/ENFP model, this would involve swapping Fe/Fi and Te/Ti, not changing the primary function. The first time I took the MBTI, my results were around 80+ percent for I, N, and J and around 60 percent for F. That seems to be the case for many INFJs; around 60-65 percent F. So that is the letter that is most variable.

Similar Threads

  1. The Meaning of Life
    By Legion in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2016, 02:26 AM
  2. Recent ruminations on the meaning of life
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-01-2015, 08:08 PM
  3. The meaning of life
    By RaptorWizard in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-28-2012, 12:51 PM
  4. Convictions and the meaning of life?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-21-2011, 03:13 AM
  5. The meaning of life
    By ThatGirl in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 06:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO