• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ni] Ni???

sculpting

I understand Ne pretty well, though I could see it might be odd if you were not an Ne. Endless possibilities everywhere, what's next, never stop exploring the boundaries and so on.

I am a little lost about what it means to be Ni. I see it leading to a profound sense of stuboorness and strength. it can be difficult to get close to and very hard to get them to change thier minds once they have decided upon the "correct answer".

other things?

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Ni focuses on interconnection. Where Ne has endless possibilities, Ni see how all the different possibilities can be linked together into a whole. It gives a sense of unity... how everything all fits together.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
You could ask the SPs too. Stubborn buggers, them. Or the NFJs. Real hard heads.

Or maybe there's a different stubborn, huh? Maybe someone has been sittin' in a tree,

K I S S I N J.

Hm?

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Whenever I try to understand Ni, I just get confused. All these seemingly contradictory definitions. Really vague and obfuscating definitions, references to mysticism. Whenever I find something that I can understand, something else comes along and says its wrong. It seems like I would need to use Ni to understand Ni, even then, it seems doubtful.

I've just given up on it.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
I don't if this will help you (hope it will) :

How to tell the forest from the trees?

Extraverted iNtuiting
- Thinks of the fractal patterns, the wide range of possibilities in the forest, how this forest is part of the ecosystem and is affected by pollution from the city...

Introverted iNtuiting - Recognizes that the forest is deeply symbolic of all of life in its interconnectedness and constant recycling and growth and foresees that this forest will soon be torn down for a housing development...

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hypothesis:

Ne - Metaphor second. When I want to describe something, I think of a metaphor that applies.

Ni - Metaphor first. You see something and come up with a metaphor, then think of a way to apply it.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I don't if this will help you (hope it will) :

How to tell the forest from the trees?

Extraverted iNtuiting
- Thinks of the fractal patterns, the wide range of possibilities in the forest, how this forest is part of the ecosystem and is affected by pollution from the city...

Introverted iNtuiting - Recognizes that the forest is deeply symbolic of all of life in its interconnectedness and constant recycling and growth and foresees that this forest will soon be torn down for a housing development...

You mean Ni are sissies ?:D

I agree :whistling:

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Hypothesis:

Ne - Metaphor second. When I want to describe something, I think of a metaphor that applies.

Ni - Metaphor first. You see something and come up with a metaphor, then think of a way to apply it.

Expanding on that...

Ne: Metaphor to describe

Ni: Metaphor to understand

It seems like Ni has a natural tendency to turn things into symbolic representations. In some ways, to understand something, Ni goes... this is like XXX. Then it starts linking various components of the thing to different parts of XXX. Once it has a workable metaphor, then Ni manipulates the mental object in order to make conjectures about the real object.

Ni rather introspect about the representation of the object rather than to poke at the physical object (like Se) in order to understand it.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Expanding on that...

It seems like Ni has a natural tendency to turn things into symbolic representations. In some ways, to understand something, Ni goes... this is like XXX. Then it starts linking various components of the thing to different parts of XXX. Once it has a workable metaphor, then Ni manipulates the mental object in order to make conjectures about the real object.

Ni rather introspect about the representation of the object rather than to poke at the physical object (like Se) in order to understand it.

That makes sense. Ne leaves the understanding to Ji, and Ni leaves the doing to Je.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
So what happens if u don't have Ji ?
'cause I thought Ti was alright with the understanding part.

/sarcastic tone off

T\F J\P are about ordering the world while S\F E\I are more about the world-mind connections we do

Contrary to the other functions I believe P is less of an affirmative quality. It's more about the 'weakness of J' than Pness.

R

Riva

Ni focuses on interconnection. Where Ne has endless possibilities, Ni see how all the different possibilities can be linked together into a whole. It gives a sense of unity... how everything all fits together.

Hypothesis:

Expanding on that...

You die. Sorry. Good luck in the afterlife.

according to these i am an Ne.

redacted

Ne - intuition pointed at the environment. sacrifices depth for breadth
Ni - intuition pointed at the current thought process. sacrifices breadth for depth

yes, it's really that simple.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Are you sure this can be applied to both Ni-dominant types? :shock: Do INTJ's think this way?

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj

Are you sure this can be applied to both Ni-dominant types? :shock: Do INTJ's think this way?

o_O Not for me...

A forest is made of trees... and can be used to represent life. Forest => ecosystem. Earth => larger ecosystem. Death of forest = death of earth? Perhaps... perhaps not. Life is change. The forest changes with seasons. Therefore change is natural. To say whether one type of change is better or worse than another is in the domain of judgment. In this case feeling sad that the forest will soon be torn down for housing is Fe.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

That sounds more like Fi to me

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The world is not real, and everything in it is a symbol.