• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ni] Ni???

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Ne - intuition pointed at the environment. sacrifices depth for breadth
Ni - intuition pointed at the current thought process. sacrifices breadth for depth

yes, it's really that simple.

Yay, Evan. Finally.

Also, the background content of the Ni is directed, guided, even dictated by the relevant judging process. NTJs have a practical world shaped Ni, NFJs have a people shaped Ni, and SPs just wish they had an Ni.

And for NTJs the whole thing's squirrelly because of secret Fi input

And secret Ti input makes the NFJs superhuman.

And I still want to know who the puppy's been dogging.

R

Riva

This one is good concerning the topic: Introverted intuition - Wikisocion

thank you for this.

as a base (1st) function (ILE and IEE)

The individual is skilled at generating intellectual interest and curiosity in others and using others' curiosity to get them to do things. sounds like manipulation that i enjoy doing. lol

He easily sees parallels between different situations, areas of knowledge or skill, and people, and likes to establish contacts across different fields of knowledge and social groups, which allows him to be part of many things at once.(in my case only if its worth my time) He enjoys considering differing viewpoints and perspectives and seeing if they can be reconciled.

He enjoys the beginning stages of just about anything - new projects, acquiring new skills, experiencing new people and relationships. Preparing for and launching something new is seen as having greater value than the process of experiencing what one already has and finishing what one has begun.(this is not true abt me. i wanna finish what i start. sounds like ENTJish isnt it?) The concept of "finishing" seems foreign to him. Instead of taking care to finish things and tie up all loose ends, he tends to drop things when he can't handle them any longer or realize that he has neglected them for too long (this might be equally related to suggestive ). this last paragraph is true abt ENTPs and ENFPs but not me.

but the earlier paras are true abt me.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
:D that's extroverted intuition. So you are ENFP ? :D

R

Riva

:D that's extroverted intuition. So you are ENFP ? :D

no i keep on getting ENTJ. and the infor on Ni from that related link is tru abt me. below

Extroverted intuition - Wikisocion

but like i said i behave more like a ENTJ. but when i am with my friend i behave like ENTP. so i guess my natural tendency is ENTP. but when things get serious i am an ENTJ.

or maybe i am an ENTJ who prefers ENTP's let loose funny attitude that gets what ever they wont WITH A SMILE ON THEIR FACE and putting one on others. who could deny their requests?

ENTPs i shud say are the best manipulators which attract my interest. and they do it in such a nice way that is attractive to all who are open minded to their approach. who could resist their charm?? with that being said i am EXTREMELY influenced by one of my childhood companions(4 years elder to me) who is an EPITOME of ENTPness.

oh and i used to have a very WEAK 'F' function. i guess this is the Achilles's heel of ENTJs.

but even a ENTP could have a weak 'F' function. but they are good at spreading their enthusiasm and are champion comedians that people are rarely hurt by their 'way of saying things'. hich is not th case of ENTJs.

so i guess i must have learned that behaviour from my companion to compensate for my lack of politeness which i used to have.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I barely know you and I figured that you can judge people wrong by analyzing them via the forums. But to give you a useful hint, you should read into the type description on that page above. They have a slight change in function distribution than the one used by MBTI but they give good descriptions of the things that could be possible to form a type.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm supposedly an "Ni dominant" and I think that all of the explanations of Ni I've seen are a bunch of melodramatic nonsense. (Incidentally, I also have very little patience with mysticism and get annoyed by people who live in a dream world.)

I tend to agree with the notion that trying to define functions in isolation is an overextension of an already tenuous, if intriguing, system.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I might be being a little naugty but the thread title just screams of Monty Pithon jokes.... :)

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have an example that I think demonstrates Ni.

(From a first year biology lecture, with 2 friends ENFP and ESFP).

Lecturer: So, in this isolated population on the mountains, geneticists discovered that there was a higher proportion of the albino gene than in other general populations. They were very puzzled, as they thought that the healthier, stronger males with more exposure to the sun would represent a better mating choice. In this population, the sexes have very defined roles. The males would go out into the field during the day and work on their crops, the females would stay indoors and take care of the household.

At this point, I started chuckling and ENFP and ESFP both looked at me like I was crazy.

It took them till the lecturer finished the story to "get it".

I think it illustrated the Ni - all the relevant facts clicked together, and the result (to me) was very obvious.

sculpting

You could ask the SPs too. Stubborn buggers, them. Or the NFJs. Real hard heads.

Or maybe there's a different stubborn, huh? Maybe someone has been sittin' in a tree,

K I S S I N J.

Hm?

hahaha! no luvvin for INTJs around these parts. I am currently hooked on the entp boys with thier F' me eyes. Just exploring though since they seem to lack follow through. can't rely on a P to get much done, eh?

I dont know if I could do an INTJ long term. It would be fun and interesting but in a very lopsided father-daughter sort of way. Since I rebel endlessly against other's control, and INTJs want to, well dominate things, at least locally, it could lead to friction.

I am actually most interested in an INFJ women I work with. Not to sleppe with silly, but just to study. I have INTJs practically falling from the sky in my line of work so you guys are a dime a dozen and thus worthy of condsideration as well.

sculpting

i said I would do an intj in the short term, just dont expect long term results!

dont you have some mountains to move or whatever it is intjs do in their free time?

:)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
and SPs just wish they had an Ni.

I don't! I'm perfectly happy without any of that N craziness. I don't give a crap what the forest symbolizes.

I might be being a little naugty but the thread title just screams of Monty Pithon jokes.... :)

Yeah, I think of Holy Grail whenever I see anyone put "Ne" or "Ni" on here. :yes:

G

garbage

Ni is probably what makes me very, very impatient, as if I know how things are going to unfold already and so they should just hurry up and happen.

But then I realize that things don't always turn out as planned and that I don't always correctly assess the "one true meaning" from an incomplete set of data in front of me.. so I rely on (a relatively weak) Ne to tell me what else could possibly be meant, then branching Ni to develop several contingency plans. :)

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Lecturer: So, in this isolated population on the mountains, geneticists discovered that there was a higher proportion of the albino gene than in other general populations. They were very puzzled, as they thought that the healthier, stronger males with more exposure to the sun would represent a better mating choice. In this population, the sexes have very defined roles. The males would go out into the field during the day and work on their crops, the females would stay indoors and take care of the household.

I don't get it.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Wow. You would never believe that I thought it had to do with lack of light in the cave or something... I don't even know where I got "cave" from either. My mind imagined a village of mountainous albino cave people. Yikes.