User Tag List

12311 Last

Default is astrology real?

hahaha!

Na, I dont think so but that lone tinkerbell ady seems to want to argue about it so heres a thread...

I do have to say we conducted a study once where I took the sun/moon combinations and printed out the very detailed descriptions off some website. I had seven descriptions that matched to four individals with three extra thrown in. ( i was working, really, it was during an incubation)

I tested five subjects to see if they could pick assign them correctly. All five excluded the three red herrings. All five could match two out of four to the correct people. Two out of five mixed up the last two poeple.

the last two poeple happened to be an ENTP and an ENFP.

then of corse it all went down hill as we could not figure out the best way to statitically analyze the data and the analytical chemist kept talking about wierd advanced statitsics test and ANOVAs and crap.

jeez, I can barely read most days, let alone do statitsics

but, to have Ne style fun, what could be the correlation? gravitational effects by proximity to various astral bodies which yield nueronal abnormalities in the growing fetus?

changes in mag field w respect to sun flares cooking the buggers brains?

maybe its the moon (given the moon signs seemed a wee bit more promising) and subtle shifts in gravity ?

come one have some fun silly NTs!

MBTI
    INTJ

Yes.

It is divination based on interpretation of the relative position of celestial bodies.

I suggest however, divination based on relative position of actual bodies. Like, hey, see that puddle? No? *splash* Yo, wet shoes, foo'! I divinated that one.

Or, Gah! Step away from the Corn Chips, fattie, you know what'll happen!

Or, Hands! Hands!

You know. Stuff like that.

But my real question to you is, what's your feeling about tea leaves?

Betcha there's some kind of correlation between tea drinking and things that happen later in life. I believe it is something to do with tanins. Red wine is full of them too. It's a dangerous world.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

The information you presented isn't something that one could specify to be as "oh shit, she's right."

The group itself was too small. If you want to look serious, get at least 50 participants, not 7.

Give us "the prophecies" you tried them on. If those prophecies go on something like this "You might experience something interesting today", then fuck it.

The testing done should not be completely straightforward. Give some of the people false, made out out of your ass cheeks prophecies that have a similar style to the ones that were true, give them prophecies that don't correlate with their astrological sign. If astrology was true, those prophecies could not correlate with their lives.

Personally? I think it's a load of bullocks and the only real value of it is akin to that of a placebo.

MBTI
    INTJ

And let half of them drink Earl Grey and half drink Darjeeling.

I think you'll be shocked at the results.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I think the sun/moon/rising combination tells you a lot about a person. It is equivalent to ego/id/superego.

People tend to dismiss astrology due to all those crappy "sun sign predictions", but those are a load of bull.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Real as in a valid predictor of a person's personality? No. The descriptions are so generalized as to be laughable. Everyone can find him/herself in any one of the 12 signs. I'm an Aquarius, so that's why I'm flighty? No. I'm flighty because I'm flighty. I'm also a diehard romantic, but that's not because I'm a Cancer; I'm very passionate, but not because I'm a Scorpio; and I'm ambitious, but not because I'm a Capricorn. That stuff is complete bollocks.

The only cool thing about saying I'm an Aquarius is that I have a nifty song associated with my sign.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    INTJ

I would like you all to pay close attention.

There is a Sun, Moon and Stars Tea.

Coincidence? I think not, my friends.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

No.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENfP

Absolutely not! My daily chuckle consists of me laughing about people that actually think the horoscope predicts what mood they're in, etc. etc... I sometimes think it's explainable that it does sometimes work (that's what some people say) because they actually have the horoscope of the day in their head and pattern their behavior to it!

MBTI
    INTJ

Oh you bunch of wordsmiths, you! Take a look in the newspaper: there it is, big as day, somewhere around the funnies usually: astrology! You can't kick it, but it's real.

Is it true? No, not really. It's mostly a smokescreen.

Astrology was brought into the modern age by the East India Tea Company. You can look it up, they needed a way of diverting attention away from tea. You see, by and large, a cup of tea is often taken while reading the newspaper. It's the perfect cover.

For some generations now tea has been directly influencing the direction of the modern age. It began with East India, and has become the multinational giant corporate structure we see before us today.

But do we really see it? This is my question to you. You can take your alien conspiracy theories and get a jolly kick out of debunking those too, but I ask you, why is there such a commonplace sense of conspiracy? Huh? Why? Why should there be such a widespread laughing at those conspiracy theories by making it out to be aliens?

It's all about the tea, people. Open your eyes.