• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] is astrology real?

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I don't know - I know all the other NT's will want to wash my mouth out with soap and water, but as far as I can see, Science, is right up there with religion in terms of schools of thought to narrow the mind.....

And no science is not responcible for new development, they would happen without, it's simply a ruler....

go-ahead, let rip :)

Answer two questions.

How is "science" a ruler?
How would any advancements be made without the use of science?

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
LOL

Because what did inventors do before so called science, what you called science is pertty modern, but maybe you dont get that...

Did you ever read about blue tits in the UK who learned to peck milk bottle tops in one town, and within a week blue tits some 400 miles away also demonstrated this... blue tits don't fly long distance.... do you think some scientit was involved... - not everythign new is measuable - so clearly it has to be nonsence doesn't it....LOL

:S

Science is limited severly to that which can be measured... so if there isn't something which measures - it can't possibly be true/real... infuriating really, and SO limiting...

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
LOL

Because what did inventors do before so called science, what you called science is pertty modern, but maybe you dont get that...

:S

Science is limited severly to that which can be measured... so if there isn't something which measures - it can't possibly be true/real... infuriating really, and SO limiting...

You have not answered either of my questions.

Also, before this turns out to a game of semantics, what do you consider to be the meaning of the word "science", because as it looks at this point, it's a very weird one.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
You have not answered either of my questions.

Also, before this turns out to a game of semantics, what do you consider to be the meaning of the word "science", because as it looks at this point, it's a very weird one.

What he said.

Science, is right up there with religion in terms of schools of thought to narrow the mind.....

In some ways, narrowing the mind is a good thing, as long as you don't do it too much. Science tries to narrow things down to what is real, what is fact. This is clearly better (to me at least) than operating under false assumptions, making decisions based on what isn't true.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Did you ever read about blue tits in the UK who learned to peck milk bottle tops in one town, and within a week blue tits some 400 miles away also demonstrated this... blue tits don't fly long distance.... do you think some scientit was involved... - not everythign new is measuable - so clearly it has to be nonsence doesn't it....LOL

Not to try and be all scientific about it, but obviously the blue tits were using a primitive telepathy.

That whole thing where people wear tin foil hats to stop telepathic mind invasion, it's real too. Those milk bottle tops were foil, weren't they.

Do see what you get, people--DO YOU SEE!?! You ignore these phenomena at your own peril and at a grave risk to society itself.

The blue tits are coming!

Oh Lord, if only I knew how blue tits and tannins were linked. I really feel unsafe.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Not to try and be all scientific about it, but obviously the blue tits were using a primitive telepathy.

That whole thing where people wear tin foil hats to stop telepathic mind invasion, it's real too. Those milk bottle tops were foil, weren't they.

Do see what you get, people--DO YOU SEE!?! You ignore these phenomena at your own peril and at a grave risk to society itself.

The blue tits are coming!

Oh Lord, if only I knew how blue tits and tannins were linked. I really feel unsafe.

Blue tits. kekekeke

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Chart

I've attached an astrological chart. It is a diagram showing where the planets were from the vantage point of a particular time and place. For purposes of reading the chart, the time and place have to be exact -- longitude and latitude, and an exact time.

The table under the chart shows the geometrical relationships of the planets to each other. Certain numbers of degrees apart have names; for example, 120 degrees is called "trine," 90 degrees is called "square," etc.

Go take a glance at the symbols used, please.
Astrological symbols - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only difference between astronomers and astrologers is that astrologers think this map means something.

Whether you think it means something or not is up to you -- apparently most of you do not. But I wish those of you who are being SO SCORNFUL would at least stop and consider the effort it takes to learn this symbolic language. It is not easy to learn. The effort itself, it seems to me, should get some respect.

The aggressiveness some of you show is really juvenile and testosteroney, with your "prove it! prove it!" and your snickering. All you're doing is proving that you have no idea what you're talking about. I'd love to see you take a few hours to study anything whatsoever seriously about astrology before you go to such lengths to discredit it and thereby discredit the intelligence and good sense of anyone who studies it. It's fascinating to study for its own sake, whether it has any practical application or not.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Whether you think it means something or not is up to you -- apparently most of you do not. But I wish those of you who are being SO SCORNFUL would at least stop and consider the effort it takes to learn this symbolic language. It is not easy to learn. The effort itself, it seems to me, should get some respect.

Amount of time and/or effort spent on something means nothing. What matters is the quality of what you produce. (Also, see bottom-most comment. It may be the case that what you are producing is enjoyment for yourself, which is fine, but by definition doesn't help anyone else.)

The aggressiveness some of you show is really juvenile and testosteroney, with your "prove it! prove it!" and your snickering.

Is ageism and anti-masculinism (that even a word? well it is now!) a common feature of astrologers?

All you're doing is proving that you have no idea what you're talking about. I'd love to see you take a few hours to study anything whatsoever seriously about astrology before you go to such lengths to discredit it and thereby discredit the intelligence and good sense of anyone who studies it.

Again, I must stress, it is not the skeptics job to disprove anything. The person making the claim (in this case, that astrology works) has the burden of proof on them.

It's fascinating to study for its own sake, whether it has any practical application or not.

This however, I can get behind. If you enjoy something, then it matters naught the practical benefits. However, for me personally, I'm not all that interested in astrology.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, I can see that. What I don't understand is your insistence on ridiculing it.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yes, I can see that. What I don't understand is your insistence on ridiculing it.

I personally haven't ridiculed it.... I have said that I don't believe in it, because I do not see any evidence for it.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ

Astrology seeks to identify outside of the person the origin of a person's action.

It lessens the meaning of that action.

It's okay if it is meant by and large just to be a template, a group of symbols that help you represent your own map of your own deeper self, but if the origin of your action is not to be found inside yourself, then something will go awry in your definition of important personal things, like love, hope, dreams, feeling, plans, choices... etc and so on.

And it's them that ridicule. I just hope we never see a blue tit drinking tea. You wanna talk about your white horse of the apocalypse? Well behold, the blue tits are already in the milk.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
re: 1.
-so thats nice that you identify with the "natal chart" so well. Now what if there was an ESTJ who was born one bed over from you at the exact same time???? you really think the natal chart would be "so accurate" for both of those types?

Was there, wasn't there - how would I know? I'm just reporting my subjective experience. Perhaps if I scheduled a reunion we could all compare notes. ;)

re: 2.
- this is an example of not having any standards of "predictions succeeded". you're just vaguely kind of deciding AFTER you've gotten the data (confirmation bias becomes far more likely when evaluating this way).

I had the data, and looked back at it. I said it was not accurate. I did not say it corresponded to my life in a tangible way. I didn't try to make myself "fit" into it. I was objective.

That's all. Why are you extrapolating more from it than that?

It seems anything posted in thread that doesn't try to toss astrology on its ear is seen as being supportive. Get your own data, see what you find out yourself. :)

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Astrology seeks to identify outside of the person the origin of a person's action.

It lessens the meaning of that action.

It's okay if it is meant by and large just to be a template, a group of symbols that help you represent your own map of your own deeper self, but if the origin of your action is not to be found inside yourself, then something will go awry in your definition of important personal things, like love, hope, dreams, feeling, plans, choices... etc and so on.

And it's them that ridicule. I just hope we never see a blue tit drinking tea. You wanna talk about your white horse of the apocalypse? Well behold, the blue tits are already in the milk.

I disagree. I don't say that I believe in astrology, but it definitely makes your actions more meaningful. When the stars divine your actions as meant to be, it gives significance to an otherwise meaningless and miniscule action.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
I disagree. I don't say that I believe in astrology, but it definitely makes your actions more meaningful. When the stars divine your actions as meant to be, it gives significance to an otherwise meaningless and miniscule action.

Oh, it'll certainly give you a lot of colourful symbolism and cosmos-scale mysticism, but if it means that you are not the one who makes your choices, then youse been robbed.

The physical sciences have already excised a non-physical seat of consciousness and threatened us with the indignity of determinism, the least we can do is pretend to some semblance of responsibility.

For Sarah Connor, she may be a social retard, but she did get out of Pescadero Mental Whatsit by herself. She'd know what to do if a blue tit invaded her mind.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
The aggressiveness some of you show is really juvenile and testosteroney, with your "prove it! prove it!" and your snickering. All you're doing is proving that you have no idea what you're talking about. I'd love to see you take a few hours to study anything whatsoever seriously about astrology before you go to such lengths to discredit it and thereby discredit the intelligence and good sense of anyone who studies it. It's fascinating to study for its own sake, whether it has any practical application or not.

Here here, but if enough of the ikkly boys say so, everyone else is wrong and they are right.

There were two boys of 20 somehting age in the cinema queue behind me yesterday - they were talking too loud for two blokes stood less than a foot away. If kept trying to move forwrd out their way, it didn't work. The funny thing was the started chatting about women and music, and had sai one girl has said their band was not very good, and they did the whole 20 something of being really partonising and saying the Cheril Cole is a McNuggests pop star plucked from Iceland (the frozen food store here).... very funny to hear such denial.

Lis

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh, it'll certainly give you a lot of colourful symbolism and cosmos-scale mysticism, but if it means that you are not the one who makes your choices, then youse been robbed.

This from someone who know F all, because astrlogy doesn't give yo outcomes, you make those all by yourself.

I personally wont read for people who are trying to get astrology to make thier decisions for them in any big sence.

Maybe you need to know a bit more before you slag the subject off.

It's amazing how up tight and controlling J types are isn't it....

L

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
This from someone who know F all, because astrlogy doesn't give yo outcomes, you make those all by yourself.

I personally wont read for people who are trying to get astrology to make thier decisions for them in any big sence.
L

Tink, is that the famous ESTP sense of humour?

The events in the heavens are mirrored by those on Earth. Right?

And a "reading" is used to determine what influences a person is under right now. Right?

And then?

And then the horse clops fives times until the trainer's head stops bobbing, and statistically speaking, Jesus returns once every 2000 years, give or take.

EDIT: Nah, fuck it, I don't care.

Astrology requires that I not be the one who knows what's afoot in my life. The stars know, or the reader knows, not I, until I am told.

Not a valuable way to live a life.