User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    So, to sum up, there are unbelievers, believers, and converts, there are practitioners, and there are wise ones who know the secrets and will dispense their wisdom for coin. And there is forthcoming no statement of mechanism. Unbelievers may not be convinced by looking into the mechanics, but only by discovering that "it works!"
    Love that summary Kalach - perfect. Couldn't have said it better myself (and unbelievers sounds somehow more pertinent than nonbelievers, so nice word choice.)

MBTI
    ENTP

:yim_rolling_on_the_:yim_rolling_on_the_:yim_rolli ng_on_the_:yim_rolling_on_the_:yim_rolling_on_the_ :yim_rolling_on_the_:yim_rolling_on_the_:yim_rolli ng_on_the_:yim_rolling_on_the_:yim_rolling_on_the_ :yim_rolling_on_the_:yim_rolling_on_the_:yim_rolli ng_on_the_:yim_rolling_on_the_:yim_rolling_on_the_

Has tinkerbell supported her argument with any examples?

It is really difficult to take her seriously when any and all of her points are filled with writing so difficult to read in the first place, accounting for typos, dyslexia, and however residing in london that english a second language for her.

Tinkerbell, you have some doubters. Provide evidence of how astrology works instead of talking around it and talking down to others or don't be surprised if you are simply cast off as a crazy old woman (as it is you that has made gender and age an issue)

however, please do keep on. reading this thread is better than drugs.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Has tinkerbell supported her argument with any examples?
    No.

There is *literally* no reason to believe astrology has any use in terms of predicting real world events or behaviours.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    NICE

[QUOTE=PeaceBaby;533945]Mars ... you're thinking of Mars. (PeaceBaby lovingly strokes the crystal ball.)

Yes, Mars meets Uranus

You peaceniks!

We want evidence, Tinkers. Show us evidenceor Uranus

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Actually, I'd prefer to not observe Uranus.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Stop being flirtatious, Darjur!

What's your sign btw? I'm a Libra.

Anyone? Any Aries or Gemini here? I'm supposed to get along with them.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Capricorn, or so would I guess is the english name for that thing.

Just to comment on the whole, hysterical thread. Couldnt give a crap about astrology honestly but I do have to agree that there are many things out there that have not been fully understood by science yet.

Science does not have all the answers, and if the only place you look for answers is in the hands of other scientists you just missed.

Science is good at taking a reductive, disective approach to problems. It hasnt been so great at dealing with complex systems, and only now are you seeing some of that complexity addressed.

The flaws in science hit home very hard for me several years back. I was very, very sick yet none of the bloodwork or tests showed any problems, thus in my drs mind there was nothing wrong with me. I spent three months so sick that by three pm I could only lie on the floor and tremor. I went to about fifteen different drs and none of them could find a problem that fit within the confines of thier scientific boxes.

I was planning my own suicide but I wanted to live to be 30. I was going to drown myself in a lake so that my family could collect insurance and it would look like an accident. About this time I stumbled across a paper in a third tier research journal that descibed a biochemical pathway linking ADH/vasopressin to cortisol secretion.

In an afternoon I figured out why the steps that led there had made me sick and figured out what I needed to to reverse the process. It was a very odd set of circumstance that led to the problem but very real and the tests that might have clarified it are either not even done or not common.

I just happened to be about ten years further ahead than my endocrinologist. My body choose not to wait for science to catch up.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    Just to comment on the whole, hysterical thread. Couldnt give a crap about astrology honestly but I do have to agree that there are many things out there that have not been fully understood by science yet.

Science does not have all the answers, and if the only place you look for answers is in the hands of other scientists you just missed.

Science is good at taking a reductive, disective approach to problems. It hasnt been so great at dealing with complex systems, and only now are you seeing some of that complexity addressed.

The flaws in science hit home very hard for me several years back. I was very, very sick yet none of the bloodwork or tests showed any problems, thus in my drs mind there was nothing wrong with me. I spent three months so sick that by three pm I could only lie on the floor and tremor. I went to about fifteen different drs and none of them could find a problem that fit within the confines of thier scientific boxes.

I was planning my own suicide but I wanted to live to be 30. I was going to drown myself in a lake so that my family could collect insurance and it would look like an accident. About this time I stumbled across a paper in a third tier research journal that descibed a biochemical pathway linking ADH/vasopressin to cortisol secretion.

In an afternoon I figured out why the steps that led there had made me sick and figured out what I needed to to reverse the process. It was a very odd set of circumstance that led to the problem but very real and the tests that might have clarified it are either not even done or not common.

I just happened to be about ten years further ahead than my endocrinologist. My body choose not to wait for science to catch up.
    Congratulations, you did science to figure out your problem, and the information you needed to solve your problem was gotten by science.

Your doctors were wrong. That does not mean that science as a whole fails.

Science is not the mainstream opinions of scientists, doctors, engineers, etc. Science is not the tests and the technologies those people use. Science is a way of attaining knowledge. The only way of getting the most valid data. Science is the process of making observations, forming a hypothesis, and testing it. Any time you do that, you are using science. That's why when people say science is wrong, it does not compute. Science doesn't have a position, it doesn't state anything, so it can't be wrong. People who use science can be wrong however. They could use science, and reach an incorrect conclusion. However, it is them, and not science that is wrong.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Sorry the flaw is not with "science" as in the theoretical abstract idea of it. The flaw is in the minds of NTs who think they fully understand the boundaries and details of the scientific knowledge they possess. They assume to have the answers in front of them or that all data has been submitted and then make the best logical answer they can, forgetting to ask the next question.

this is not a defense of astrology at all, hahaha! but could be applied to most areas that are poorly understood by science.

The take home little NTs: It's okay to say "I don't know. I don't understand."