User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    I don't know - I know all the other NT's will want to wash my mouth out with soap and water, but as far as I can see, Science, is right up there with religion in terms of schools of thought to narrow the mind.....

And no science is not responcible for new development, they would happen without, it's simply a ruler....

go-ahead, let rip
    Answer two questions.

How is "science" a ruler?
    How would any advancements be made without the use of science?

MBTI
    NeXx
    Socionics
    IeE

Science, is right up there with religion in terms of schools of thought to narrow the mind.....
    right on
    "Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters"

MBTI
    ENTP

LOL

Because what did inventors do before so called science, what you called science is pertty modern, but maybe you dont get that...

Did you ever read about blue tits in the UK who learned to peck milk bottle tops in one town, and within a week blue tits some 400 miles away also demonstrated this... blue tits don't fly long distance.... do you think some scientit was involved... - not everythign new is measuable - so clearly it has to be nonsence doesn't it....LOL

:S

Science is limited severly to that which can be measured... so if there isn't something which measures - it can't possibly be true/real... infuriating really, and SO limiting...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

LOL

Because what did inventors do before so called science, what you called science is pertty modern, but maybe you dont get that...

:S

Science is limited severly to that which can be measured... so if there isn't something which measures - it can't possibly be true/real... infuriating really, and SO limiting...
    You have not answered either of my questions.

Also, before this turns out to a game of semantics, what do you consider to be the meaning of the word "science", because as it looks at this point, it's a very weird one.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Darjur View Post
    You have not answered either of my questions.

Also, before this turns out to a game of semantics, what do you consider to be the meaning of the word "science", because as it looks at this point, it's a very weird one.
    What he said.

Science, is right up there with religion in terms of schools of thought to narrow the mind.....
    In some ways, narrowing the mind is a good thing, as long as you don't do it too much. Science tries to narrow things down to what is real, what is fact. This is clearly better (to me at least) than operating under false assumptions, making decisions based on what isn't true.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INTJ

Did you ever read about blue tits in the UK who learned to peck milk bottle tops in one town, and within a week blue tits some 400 miles away also demonstrated this... blue tits don't fly long distance.... do you think some scientit was involved... - not everythign new is measuable - so clearly it has to be nonsence doesn't it....LOL
    Not to try and be all scientific about it, but obviously the blue tits were using a primitive telepathy.

That whole thing where people wear tin foil hats to stop telepathic mind invasion, it's real too. Those milk bottle tops were foil, weren't they.

Do see what you get, people--DO YOU SEE!?! You ignore these phenomena at your own peril and at a grave risk to society itself.

The blue tits are coming!

Oh Lord, if only I knew how blue tits and tannins were linked. I really feel unsafe.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Not to try and be all scientific about it, but obviously the blue tits were using a primitive telepathy.

That whole thing where people wear tin foil hats to stop telepathic mind invasion, it's real too. Those milk bottle tops were foil, weren't they.

Do see what you get, people--DO YOU SEE!?! You ignore these phenomena at your own peril and at a grave risk to society itself.

The blue tits are coming!

Oh Lord, if only I knew how blue tits and tannins were linked. I really feel unsafe.
    Blue tits. kekekeke
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Default Chart

I've attached an astrological chart. It is a diagram showing where the planets were from the vantage point of a particular time and place. For purposes of reading the chart, the time and place have to be exact -- longitude and latitude, and an exact time.

The table under the chart shows the geometrical relationships of the planets to each other. Certain numbers of degrees apart have names; for example, 120 degrees is called "trine," 90 degrees is called "square," etc.

Go take a glance at the symbols used, please.
    Astrological symbols - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only difference between astronomers and astrologers is that astrologers think this map means something.

Whether you think it means something or not is up to you -- apparently most of you do not. But I wish those of you who are being SO SCORNFUL would at least stop and consider the effort it takes to learn this symbolic language. It is not easy to learn. The effort itself, it seems to me, should get some respect.

The aggressiveness some of you show is really juvenile and testosteroney, with your "prove it! prove it!" and your snickering. All you're doing is proving that you have no idea what you're talking about. I'd love to see you take a few hours to study anything whatsoever seriously about astrology before you go to such lengths to discredit it and thereby discredit the intelligence and good sense of anyone who studies it. It's fascinating to study for its own sake, whether it has any practical application or not.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Whether you think it means something or not is up to you -- apparently most of you do not. But I wish those of you who are being SO SCORNFUL would at least stop and consider the effort it takes to learn this symbolic language. It is not easy to learn. The effort itself, it seems to me, should get some respect.
    Amount of time and/or effort spent on something means nothing. What matters is the quality of what you produce. (Also, see bottom-most comment. It may be the case that what you are producing is enjoyment for yourself, which is fine, but by definition doesn't help anyone else.)

The aggressiveness some of you show is really juvenile and testosteroney, with your "prove it! prove it!" and your snickering.
    Is ageism and anti-masculinism (that even a word? well it is now!) a common feature of astrologers?

All you're doing is proving that you have no idea what you're talking about. I'd love to see you take a few hours to study anything whatsoever seriously about astrology before you go to such lengths to discredit it and thereby discredit the intelligence and good sense of anyone who studies it.
    Again, I must stress, it is not the skeptics job to disprove anything. The person making the claim (in this case, that astrology works) has the burden of proof on them.

It's fascinating to study for its own sake, whether it has any practical application or not.
    This however, I can get behind. If you enjoy something, then it matters naught the practical benefits. However, for me personally, I'm not all that interested in astrology.
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Yes, I can see that. What I don't understand is your insistence on ridiculing it.