User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I DID recently happen across a nice cup of Numi Black Yunnan breakfast tea and I felt instantly more enlightened and sexual. I think Kalach is on to something.
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    INTJ

Uh oh.

The commies are making tea now? For international sale?

Oh God.

MBTI
    ENTP

no but like religion, i enjoy knowing about it and studying it. i think its all so interesting
    She talks pretty but says mean things

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Astrology probably doesn't work... but I still consult it sometimes when I feel anxious. Just out of curiosity. After all, maybe I'll get lucky and it will work that time. I don't take it seriously, though.

MBTI
    ISFJ

What's astrology's point? Is it telling how people are? What people should do to be better? And why should the stars have any particular influence on us based on when we were born?

Too mystical a concept, but I'd be happy to be convinced otherwise.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by hjomn View Post
    Absolutely not! My daily chuckle consists of me laughing about people that actually think the horoscope predicts what mood they're in, etc. etc... I sometimes think it's explainable that it does sometimes work (that's what some people say) because they actually have the horoscope of the day in their head and pattern their behavior to it!
    And that's not real?... I will sometimes read my horoscope, mainly to set a positive tone to my day, it doesn't mean I believe it will happen on it's own because it's "in the stars", only I can make that happen. Choosing to change your outlook on life for that particular day due to reading an over-generalized message seems fair,... Everyone needs a little help with life now and again!
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I think the sun/moon/rising combination tells you a lot about a person. It is equivalent to ego/id/superego.

People tend to dismiss astrology due to all those crappy "sun sign predictions", but those are a load of bull.
    Bravo
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENTP

I know it works, and I know why the ENTP's had difficulty with it too (most of them have strong Uranus)

Sun, Moon and Rising wont ALWAYS work beacuse its a wee bit more complex than that (there are a proportion of people who have dominances that are not about either of those three things), but they are a good start point.

Thanks for even trying, not as bonkers as it sounds....

enjoy your experementing... Bet you get some interesting comments about how totally rubbish it is from people who have never looked at it properly.

Enjoy having a go

Lis

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    What's astrology's point? Is it telling how people are? What people should do to be better? And why should the stars have any particular influence on us based on when we were born?

Too mystical a concept, but I'd be happy to be convinced otherwise.
    I guess I could field that...

Originally it was to help plant crops and understand threats to Kings, and kingdoms, it's pretty recent that non nobles have been using it.

There are a fair few schools (some of the key ones).

* Mundane - kingoms, and politics
    * Natal - understanding a person (and their personal resources)
    > of which there is also psycological
    * Horary - the answering of questions - which I've never quite managed to get to work
    * Decumbratur - the astrology of illness/health
    * Relationships - Synistry and avarious composite
    * Predictive
    > there are a few techneques which can let be used to asses financial propositions or gambling
    * Horoscopes - mass media "astro trash" - which is what most people are exposed too

Those are the main ones, although there are loads of additional techeques (traditional - using older school astrology, Vedic - Eastern astrology - which gives pretty similar responce than wester which you are probably more familuar with, Chinese - which is a different system that has a fair bit of relationship to Numerology (although technically lots of these things fit togehter), and then there are some specific techneques - mid points, Fedora (ancient techneque), solar arc, solar return, etc...

Incidentally a persons Natal Chart is still active when they are dead. Only relevant to celebreties etc - when a person recieves some honor or disgrase postumously, the chart should some activity....

I can't tell you how it works per sey, I have a point of view, but nothing proven (the Moon is known to have some impact on tides and emotions - ask any copper and they will say the full and new moons bring difficulties to the streets.

It can help you understand yourself, and your opportunities and difficulties and how to get the most out yourself. IT really ought not to be used to blindly make decisions for yourself, because you need to be in control of your life (so don't get too tied up in anything that is predictive - make your own choices). IF you can hear what it has to say and take that into account but work on doing it better, it can be enormously helpful. It's also helpful at moments of true life stress, because it can indicate a lighter point - knowing that something will pass is usually hopeful for people.

Go get yourself a free report at astro.com but understand this is a cut and paste job so doens't fact in everything so is pretty off the shelf so bland. Incidentally that goes with any electronic report, to get a proper reading get someone to read properly.

enjoy

L

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

1. how is it falsifiable
    2. whats the mechanism?
    3. example of prediction and standards of evaluating prediction.

until someone tells me these things, the theory is almost by definition, not even a coherent theory and therefore meaningless.

* Decumbratur - the astrology of illness/health
    :yim_rolling_on_the_ :yim_rolling_on_the_ :yim_rolling_on_the_ :yim_rolling_on_the_

yes. because the astrologists are definitely the ones who are in the know when it comes to stem cells, cancer, HIV, Huntingtons disease, Alzheimers etc... and to think we've been wasting all of this money on research, while the REAL explanation for disease has been sitting in front of us all along!

most things in biology make sense because of some form of evolution. i fail to see what uranus has to do with _____ (insert any disease you'd like!)