User Tag List

First 123 Last

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Sometimes my ass itches for days on end.

Is that the same thing Femme?
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

some intj i know always seem to repress/contain or at least wonder about emotions.
    Personally I don't really ever wonder 'how do I feel about this or that'
    I mean I'm not a robot or something but I don't feel like it's really an effort to deal with emotions.

The emotions I see the most in me are rather empathy oriented. And I do not mean the tree huging empathy. (suspiciously stares at every F on the thread) It doesn't really seem to influence my action\observation\analysis\reaction paterns much.
    Comes a point that if I push someone around too much for example I feel that it's time to stop. I know when things are just 'wrong' with people but Ne can do some of that too.

Seems like an Fe thing

Fe is the 3rd entp function so it kind of makes sense
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I repress negative depressing emotion. I indulge negative anger privately if I can. Usually I get headaches and migraines. I'm on medication for the migraines.

Work pressure, assignment pressure I channel into positive energy in order to get work done. If I'm not stressed I honestly can't get anything done.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

In the past, during a particularly difficult time for me, the stress of repressed emotions and avoidance of dealing with problems led to a lot of weird health symptoms. I would experience dizzy spells, fainting, chest pain, nausea, trembling, cold sweats... my body was acting out because emotionally I couldn't. I was buried under a huge pile of denial and guilt. It took a long time to come to terms with how unhealthy my manner of coping with stress was.

For instance, I used to notice that whenever I began to drink alcohol (which wasn't very often) I would begin to feel a strange sensation in my neck. I realized it was my muscles actually relaxing.

I was wound so tightly with so much tension in my neck and shoulders that drinking was almost painful.
    Embrace the possibilities.

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    NTs: Do you have this happen to you? Especially with stress?
    Yes. Mostly I just "don't have the time" to notice; until it gets quite serious.
    I am totally into my projects, so I keep forgetting about the time (typical reaction: "Shoot! 10AM already? Gee, last time I looked at the time it was just 11PM!") and also it happens that I don't notice stress. All I feel is, that "something" is bothering me. And until I don't sit down and analyze that weird feeling, I won't be able to tell what exactly it is. And when you are all sucked up in projects, you seriously only notice when your stomach, back, shoulders and everything else hurts or whatever.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    INTJ

The last time I took the test, I came out to be 80% T, and I thought to myself, wow, I'm an emotionless robot. But in reality, I don't think it is that I don't have emotions, it is just that I choose to set them aside when dealing with problems because reason usually makes more sense than feelings do (duh). However, I still have emotional ties to the situation and those ties are the repressed feelings. These feelings then cause a conflict of interest because even though I want to be reaonable, I still have unacted emotions invested in the conflict. This is then what causes problems like stress and other physical manifestations of the internal problem. Hopefully that made some sense and someone shares this feeling. What do you think?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Its just that emotions follow different fields of intrests. I for example cried a tear, when Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader but was thrown out of Titanic together with a friend because we bombarded the movie with wet paper .

To me emotions are an integral part of the human body and biochemistry but every person has learnt through life, to notice them differently or deal with them differently. And they will most probably learn even more about their emotions, when they grow older.

What would be intresting are the different emotions and how they manifest in certain types. I myself for example understand the need to have pity with someone in distress (Fe) but I dont really feel pity (egocentric Fi). That sounds cruel, but if you think about it, its actually quiet healthy, because if you only live through other peoples emotions (like a Fe could do), you never really find out about your own (Fi development).

I myself have a hard time to actually think about or even notice my feelings, I try to work with humor in society and I carry my burdens from the past around. So far I have managed to survive and sometimes I was yet able to give emotional advice on how to deal with a situation to other people.

To me the most important thing is to get to know that Fi world and to understand how I am affected through it. Furthermore I try to gain wisdom out of the things I lived through and I try to keep track of my own evolutionary process of emotions, which brought me from puberty to adulthood.

That Fe thing is intresting and I feel good around people like the ESFJ, who actually brings people together and is open for new ideas. But I dont see it as my field of expertise and it stays more a field in which I like to participate but which I dont want to develop in the same way for myself.

On the Fe note: I generally trust people who have humor more than people who have not.
    Cant help it but the Gamma Quadra from Socionics stays a mystery to me
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

My brother tested as INTP in high school and that seems to fit him better than anything else would. Only other possibility would be IsTP.

But anyway, I rarely see emotions out of him. Happiness is rare, although I can tell when he's enjoying himself and when/if he's excited about something. He just rarely gets into an excitable state. On a purely emotive basis, the most common I see out of him is irritability.

I worry about him off and on. In teenage years he did an awful lot of repressing, apparently, because no one knew what was going on with him (well, I kind of knew, but I didn't know the extent of it). He just doesn't talk about anything. His internal state is off limits. A few weeks prior to college he ended up being suicidal and was hospitalized for maybe 6 weeks or so until they could figure out meds that would work. I guess he was diagnosed with chronic depression at that time. I know he also has substantial anxiety.

After maybe 4 yrs he was able to go off the meds and has been off the meds for maybe 5 yrs now. He's built a 'safe' little life for himself now -- he's been doing the same job for 8 yrs now, and doesn't have a social life at all. He doesn't have ANY friends (but I also know through observation that when he's out and about, he can turn it 'on' and can be chatty and almost charming), and he truly seems to be fine with that. I think a lot of it is the anxiety, but also he's built up this external safe, unchanging world, because I suspect it's his mechanism for keeping the anxiety etc at bay.

Edit..doh...just realized this was in the NT personal threads part of the forum. Why was I allowed to post? oh well. sorry. ;-)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    I believe it was this forum that had a story of an INTJ being counseled about repressing emotion, to the point that the INTJ only knew of said emotion when it manifested physically?

NTs: Do you have this happen to you? Especially with stress?

As a 7w8, I like the high, but often don't recognize it as exhaustion/stress until there is a physical manifestation such as a breakout, depression, illness, or the like.

How do you deal/solve this?
    i'm not an nt so sorry to respond anyway but i'm 7w8 and i do the same thing. i have had weird anxiety attacks that i didn't even know what they were or why...it wasn't until the dr. told me i was stressed that i knew i was...so weird!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Yeah I use to ignore it to the point of not even knowing it was there. Even when my hair was falling out by the handful or I couldn't eat without throwing it up or couldn't tell you the last time I had more than a few hours' sleep. I couldn't imagine it was repressed emotion. Rage, hate, fear, I would swear I had no clue what you were talking about if you put the physical with the emotional and said hey..maybe they are connected? But I'm fine I tell you. I'm ALWAYS fine. *light bulb moment*

When it all came out it was terrifying, embarrassing and I felt completely weak and helpless which was even more terrifying. That showing any weakness would leave me permanently weak, injured and broken. It was a long and painful process. It sucked beyond words. On the other side of this healing I did find..

I wasn't weak. Or broken
    I was strong because I dealt with this
    Ignoring emotions didn't equal control of them
    Dealing with things sooner rather than later was always a better option.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.