User Tag List

123 Last

Default can yo tell N vs S at a young age?

General question:

How do you tell N vs S, especially at a young age? What will charecterize cleanly between the two types?

I Vs E is actually pretty easy to see in little ones and is a common aspect of the Big 5 test.

P vs J can be seen in the anal retentive OCD behaviors and need to pt things away that little Js have.

T vs F I think can be spotted by the sweet cuddly factor. All little ones cuddle but F babies are the cuddliest.

specifically I am observing my 20 month old as compared to a couple of other little ones his age and his older brother. The older brother was a pretty clean ENFP from a young age. Spastic, cuddly, emotional, and full of total nutty questions like why dont we eat holographic pigs.

The little one is totally different. Very reserved and standofish to strangers. Very skeptical and analytical and everything around him. He wants to take things apart and figure them out, which all kids do, but he has more focus than the rest of us combined. He is totally OCD. all jars mst have lids, all things have certain places they belong. He sweeps and vacuums already. He observes everything I do and tries to repeat. He has no probelm w direct piercing eye contact.

Most hysterically is his interaction w other ones his age. He hangs out a lot w another little one who appears to be ENTP like. Nonstop action adventure and lots of babbling chaos. The ENTP will sit and babbble and when it is my son's turn to talk he says "no". This could go on for 20 minute stretches. He looks at that kid like he is a total nutcase, crunches p his brow , and says no. no. no. no. no. no. INTJ or ISTJ?

MBTI
    xxxx

20 months old? No, you cannot type a baby.

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    20 months old? No, you cannot type a baby.
    I agree, and I think all the Ts in here will think more or less the same.

Maybe, if we get extreme, when the baby starts to communicate actively you can begin thinking about it, but not before... or at least for the things that the baby learns first: that'll give you indications of how his premature mind may work... but I think at the moment you are just projecting your thoughts to, or trough, the baby ^^.
    For Sure!

I$•: xNTP, 5w4, Aries, and so damn sexy you'd scream and cry.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    General question:

How do you tell N vs S, especially at a young age? What will charecterize cleanly between the two types?

I Vs E is actually pretty easy to see in little ones and is a common aspect of the Big 5 test.

P vs J can be seen in the anal retentive OCD behaviors and need to pt things away that little Js have.

T vs F I think can be spotted by the sweet cuddly factor. All little ones cuddle but F babies are the cuddliest.

specifically I am observing my 20 month old as compared to a couple of other little ones his age and his older brother. The older brother was a pretty clean ENFP from a young age. Spastic, cuddly, emotional, and full of total nutty questions like why dont we eat holographic pigs.

The little one is totally different. Very reserved and standofish to strangers. Very skeptical and analytical and everything around him. He wants to take things apart and figure them out, which all kids do, but he has more focus than the rest of us combined. He is totally OCD. all jars mst have lids, all things have certain places they belong. He sweeps and vacuums already. He observes everything I do and tries to repeat. He has no probelm w direct piercing eye contact.

Most hysterically is his interaction w other ones his age. He hangs out a lot w another little one who appears to be ENTP like. Nonstop action adventure and lots of babbling chaos. The ENTP will sit and babbble and when it is my son's turn to talk he says "no". This could go on for 20 minute stretches. He looks at that kid like he is a total nutcase, crunches p his brow , and says no. no. no. no. no. no. INTJ or ISTJ?
    I think yes. yes. yes. yes. yes. yes. yes.

sorry guys, even mainstream psychology admits personality diffs at very young ages. type em for good? of course not, but blank slates they are NOT.

babies commnicate starting at just a few months. it is just subtle. You can actually read up on this stuff in most parenting books-the active baby, the reserved baby, the shy baby, the OCD baby. By the time they are toddlers even before speech, they behave very distinctly. The introverted and extreoverted as well as P vs J (ie babies needing more structured envornments) are pretty standard things studied by child pshycologists.

There is also a whole chunk of kids that cannot handle itchy, tight, or overly textered clothing-little Ss in the making perhaps.

this is why a good ped can identify an autistic baby as early as nine months

do you guys have kids, or even better a cople of kids to compare? It might be more obvious that way.. Also as an NF maybe I just have a tuned antenna for this sort of thing.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

N babies drool more.

MBTI
    epic

n babies enjoy incest.

Hey erider, I live in austin too!

what were youu like as a kid. I have lots of INTJ adult buddies but have not known and INTJ kids.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I think he sounds ISTJ. But you said he's very analytical... does he look for wider patterns and discoveries in his environment or just focus mostly on his immediate environment? I'm sure there are some kind of baby play patterns that could be correlated to type, or at least future type.