User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    h

So first-I adore you jewel as you are loads of sweetness so this is all guesses on my part too. I see lots of Ne patterns but who knows in the end. My N= is fairly small and I am dead wrong about 20% of the time.

OCD=J either Te or Fe
    The curiosity about people and sweetness says maybe Fe?? Is he staring you down like a demon possesed entity or just watching you? If just watching I'd vote Fe.
    If he likes to cuddle and care for others I'd vote Fe. The constant questions might make it Fe-dom , extroverted, and the details maybe Si backing it up. The forwardness I would argue would be his willingness to add structure to his world. Things have a place and he will feel obligated to care for them and put them there a bit.

Fe, Si, Ne- an ESFJ?? Assuming there is merit to a more natural order of functions of course. No wonder he likes you. You guys are buddies! My ISFJ friend has an ESFJ nine year old. He talks a lot but is profoundly conscious of how his actions affect others and is very sweet. He is a good, good kid.

Could be total BS though
    Wicked .. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
    If aunties, nanna, mum and friends are in the house. It is still me he zones in on, i have never seen him behave this way with anyone else. (i love it but thats because he isn't mine, i can go home alone).

I would never of said ESFJ .. yet thinking of how i behaved and what i was told about my behaviour as a child. It makes sense. I was very forward for my age, if i wanted something i did it, no always meant possibly yes, i took the mother role with my little brother. Loved cooking, cleaning and generally helping out (not so much now in adulthood). Wow.

Could be bullsh*t .. but still interesting to talk about the possibilities.

Diamond.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENTP

my kids were quite obvious as to their S/N preference by the age of about 8, up to then it sorta fluctuated. they're now 12 and 10, and the pro MBTI dude I know agrees with my assessment that they're quite typical ESFJ and ENTP, respectively.

(yeah, you can imagine what it's like living here!)
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

There is also a whole chunk of kids that cannot handle itchy, tight, or overly textered clothing-little Ss in the making perhaps.
    Interestingly, I once did a personality test for children (not knowing that it was an MBTI one until afterwards) and I tried to answer the questions as honestly as possible in terms of how I remember myself as a child and I typed ISTJ. Yet, in recent years I've typed INTJ consistently and thus my intuition has increased with age. However, I am still very sensitive to external stimuli and always have been. So for instance when I was a child I used to ruin shirts by ripping the tags off of them. Sometimes, I'd cut them properly with scissors, but even then the little stub left behind was enough to still irritate me. Moreover, this manifests in other ways. For instance, if I wear a heavy gold sovereign ring this seems to disrupt the balance and symmetry of my body and becomes a distraction that I may unnecessarily fixate on at certain times. The same applies to heavy watches. So if I'm going into a debate or I have to deliver a speech I will take off all jewellery so I can be one with my intellect. Still worse, I am completely intolerant of people talking over me or if a tv or radio is playing while I'm trying to convey a concept or theory. Sometimes if another asks me a serious question I will immediately turn down the tv (even if it isn't very loud) and will begin addressing the question systematically. If the volume of my environment cannot be turned down I will dodge the question altogether as trying to answer under those conditions will just frustrate me. I am also intolerant of the ticking of clocks and watches while I study. I am fine studying in an open environment where one cannot make out any single person speaking but only vaguely hears the buzz of several conversations going on, but am intolerant of being in a confined study space where there is one person speaking distinctly. This even transcends my visual faculty at times. I recall working with a person and we were required to wear safety glasses. My boss's boss came and asked me a serious question and I looked at her and she was slightly blurred from scratches on the glasses. So I took them off to answer her question and she immediately said, "you can talk with your glasses on." That said, I do not think that these overexitabilities to external stimuli are necessarily telling of whether a person is S or N. In fact, I prefer to eliminate them so I can focus my Ni and Te and not have to worry about these distractions, that itself is a function of my personality while the sensory irritations are themselves a function of my physiology. Thus, in conclusion the distractions themselves don't necessarily dictate whether one is S or N dominant.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

At three my older son-an enfp-wanted to know why we did not eat holographic pigs instead of real pigs so we did not have to kill them. He also wanted to bring the shirmp back to life by putting them back in the water.

He may have had some tert Te as well, as he did hold his daycare class hostage with a plastic chair when they made him try and pour milk and put his napkin in his lap at lunchtime. Puberty has actually been a blessing...
    I used to drive my parents nuts asking why a word meant something.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    my kids were quite obvious as to their S/N preference by the age of about 8, up to then it sorta fluctuated. they're now 12 and 10, and the pro MBTI dude I know agrees with my assessment that they're quite typical ESFJ and ENTP, respectively.

(yeah, you can imagine what it's like living here!)
    It isn't that bad. My son is an ENTP and since learning more about him and understanding what makes him tick, things have been so much better. Saying that though, growing up with my ESTP brother, we used to try and kill each other.

Yeah good luck with that.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Wow I never knew that existed.

The ENP portrait applied to me ridiculously when I was a kid. Cool stuff...
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    20 months old? No, you cannot type a baby.
    We can't truly 'type' adults either.

My nephew was most "ENTP" like at 16 months, already demonstrating openess to experience and willingness to logically speculate about things that are unseen.