User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

You can get a clearer picture if you look at the combination of letters as in SJ/SP/NT/NF.

Apparently, the difference between N and S sets in pretty early, compared to the other letters. But, I'm a bit skeptic about a 20 mths old.

My Ne was quite apparent early on, prolly the most apparent of my 'personality traits'. To this day, my mother reminds me that I was almost kicked out of 5th grade, for exercising my Ne+Ti anarchy a little too much, that most of my childhood report cards talk of me being 'restless', and I got 52 stitches on my face from 4 different 'accidents'/happenings (and nowhere else on my body - don't ask) to prove to myself, the craziness that Ne can lead to. Thankfully, as I've matured, the whirlwind has calmed (somewhat).

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think you can tell personality traits decently early on (like when they start talking) but not at 20 MO.

People will fluctuate a lot at a younger age though. I was an ENTP until I was 12... I really liked people and I loved to do all the NT type things like debate about logical stuff etc. A large amount of stress around family centered around me seems to have changed me though.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTJ

I knew very early that I understood the big picture and could derive intuitive connections about things at a very young age.

I know this isn't a baby thing, but I read lots of fantasy books at a very early age -- Narnia stuff a few years before most, and multiple times. LOTR/Silmarillion a few years before most, and multiple times.

I am sure that I was making abstract connections very early. The "no. no. no..." comment sounds to me like a young one who sees a violation of the proper order of things. And I am guessing that INTJs are much more confident about that, and therefore more definite in expressing so, than perhaps an ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

In 2nd grade, I noticed things like ass-kissing and patronizing comments from teachers -- and despised both.

I remember how easy it was to lie to adults because they assumed you weren't old enough to know better. And I remember making the choice not to do so because it was wrong.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

You could've told I was an ENFP from birth - seriously. I was two months premature, so eager to meet people and see the world LOL
    Pity about that pesky breathing problem....born blue and had to have oxygen pumped into little ol' me.

I think that there are distinctive traits in children even as young as a year and a half, but you must keep in mind (as others have noted) that in early childhood, it's not uncommon for perceived 'type' to fluctuate and alter.

(I'd say ISTJ, based on what you've noted. It sounds as if his need for order is directed towards his external environment and not analytical thinking.)

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyz22 View Post
    n babies enjoy incest.
    Gey.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

INTP... I think not.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    INTJ or ISTJ?
    Yes.

I'm afraid the dominant function doesn't begin to develop until about age 6.
    He may turn out either way.
    I am an INTJ and I have an ISTJ daughter.
    It's very hard to tell them apart when they're young.

However, my mother says that I used to help with the dusting and sweeping at a very young age,
    and I used to copy my mother, also.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

It's hard to say whether I'm reading too much into it or not, but I already think my 7 month daughter is N. When I notice her around other babies she seems much more curious about her environment in that she looks around at everything. On the other hand the other babies seem more grabby than she is. They want to touch and hold everything around them, while she usually just needs one object. So to me that seems like an S/N difference, one type wanting to concretely touch and grab lots of things while the other type just wanting to take it all in visually and see what's going on.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENTP

I would say I was an I type in class and an e type at home as a kid....

I think S and N are easy to spot in kids... detail obsession is not a difficult thing surly... although it may be mixed up with J-ness

Lis