User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 48

  1. #1
    Senior Member Gauche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    333

    Default INTJs, are you quirky?

    Well, I mean, do you have somehow "strange habits" in comparison to the rest of the people, do you have unique ways of dealing with things which other people look like at.. and so on.

    I'm sure you know I'm talking about...

    So, tell me about your quirks, if you have them

    (Question for others: do you find INTJs quirky, and how?)

  2. #2
    Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp
    Posts
    1,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauche View Post
    do you have unique ways of dealing with things which other people look like at.. and so on.
    Hm, if I look at others faces; I must be doing quirky stuff all the time, because I get that look quite often.
    But I think one of the oddest things I do is the stuff with not opening doors.

    If our doorbell goes off, I am not opening; unless I know that somebody said he wanted to drop by. Other then that I never open doors and neither do I answer phones (unless I see the number of my roomie on it).
    I just am not interested to deal with people I don't wanna hear anything from. I mostly have other plans, so spontaneous visitors have a problem. =P
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

    Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

    ESTP? o.O

  3. #3
    Lallygag Moderator Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    5,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GargoylesLegacy View Post
    Hm, if I look at others faces; I must be doing quirky stuff all the time, because I get that look quite often.
    But I think one of the oddest things I do is the stuff with not opening doors.

    If our doorbell goes off, I am not opening; unless I know that somebody said he wanted to drop by. Other then that I never open doors and neither do I answer phones (unless I see the number of my roomie on it).
    I just am not interested to deal with people I don't wanna hear anything from. I mostly have other plans, so spontaneous visitors have a problem. =P
    You could have just said "yes, you are quirky"

  4. #4
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauche View Post
    (Question for others: do you find INTJs quirky, and how?)
    No more quirky than myself.

  5. #5
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    Yes, I am.

    will respond with more detail later, maybe
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  6. #6
    Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp
    Posts
    1,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    You could have just said "yes, you are quirky"
    Yeah, awesome. As this if this is gonna help the OP if everybody just says "yes, me too". :rolleyes2:
    Err, I mean, I love you too.

    Oh and by the way, me not opening doors drives my ISFP roomie crazy. He can't understand it.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

    Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

    ESTP? o.O

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Quirky? Nah, I try and keep my quirks to myself. I think a lot of INxxs are aware that others would think us odd and we aren't comfortable being the center of attention so we keep a low profile.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Gauche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GargoylesLegacy View Post
    Yeah, awesome. As this if this is gonna help the OP if everybody just says "yes, me too". :rolleyes2:
    yeah, very well

    Quote Originally Posted by pippi
    Quirky? Nah, I try and keep my quirks to myself. I think a lot of INxxs are aware that others would think us odd and we aren't comfortable being the center of attention so we keep a low profile.
    Sure, I see your point. On the other hand, INFPs and INTPs can be pretty quirky from time to time, though probably unintentionaly

  9. #9
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    INXJ, have to sell his house, his agent is having another open house, and apparently the agent is not doing his job effectively, because it *shouldn't take that long, too many open houses*. Solution? Well, since it's not allowed by law, for the owner to be present during an open house, he decided he will hide out in his cellar (which apparently has great echo of the rest of the house - yes, we ran experiment to find this out) during the open house, to spy/see how the agent handles potential buyers, and issues that potential buyers have with the house. (he didn't want to spend money on rigging the house with recorders and such)

    When I inquired how he'd keep himself entertained for all the hours, inside the cellar, he told me that he has one of those flashlight-headgear-thingy, and he'll read all the letters that's been piling up since he had gone on his last tour.

    And, then, with a dead-pan face, asks me, "Why, too weird?"


  10. #10
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    INXJ, have to sell his house, his agent is having another open house, and apparently the agent is not doing his job effectively, because it *shouldn't take that long, too many open houses*. Soloution? Well, since it's not allowed by law, for the owner to be present during an open house, he decided he will hide out in his cellar (which apparently has great echo of the rest of the house - yes, we ran experiment to find this out) during the open house, to spy/see how the agent handles potential buyers, and issues that potential buyers have with the house. (he didn't want to spend money on rigging the house with recorders and such)

    When I inquired how he'd keep himself entertained for all the hours, inside the cellar, he told me that he has one of those flashlight-headgear-thingy, and he'll read all the letters that's been piling up since he had gone on his last tour.

    And, then, with a dead-pan face, asks me, "Why, too weird?"

    I admit I didn't get that that was supposed to be weird until you pointed it out.

    Also, I question his method of spying. Wouldn't it be easier to set up some hidden cameras? That way, 1. you could actually see what was happening. 2. He could be in a more physically comforting location. 3. There would be less chance of legal ramifications should he get caught.

    Or maybe not.

Similar Threads

  1. Do you think INTJs are actually cold/emotionless or do you think its a front?
    By Scapegoated 4 fun in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2017, 02:05 AM
  2. [NT] INTJs and INTPs, How Sexual/Sensual are you? :)
    By SillySapienne in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 02-16-2017, 04:34 PM
  3. [INTJ] How many INTJs do you know and what are their similarities and differences?
    By Oaky in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-07-2016, 11:04 PM
  4. [INTJ] are you intjs able to create music spontaneously in your heads?
    By INTP in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 07:50 AM
  5. [INTJ] intj girls: where are you and how do i get you?
    By sketcheasy in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-09-2008, 01:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO