• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs, are you quirky?

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
I've been wanting to respond to this thread for a number of days now.

I have only very recently discovered that I am, in fact 'quirky'.

For example a while back friend of mine showed me a photo of myself that he'd taken when we were at school some ten years previously. He then pointed out that I was currently wearing the same jacket as in the photo (something he found to be very amusing). Initially I was stunned, but then once I gathered myself I pointed out to him that it still fitted.

One day, the same friend noticed that I was wearing a pair of more fashionable trainers. I told him that I'd accidentally put on my running trainers today instead of my usual ones. He said that he couldn't believe me: that I wear cheap trainers to walk around in day-to-day and that I only use expensive trainers to run in. I told him that I needed good trainers to run in to avoid injury.

On a similar theme I wear the same suit (I have two copies of it) either a blue or grey jumper of the same style, either a white or blue shirt and any one of six ties. This gives me enough combinations to get through the week.

My girlfriend (who is herself an INTJ and who regularly has the cheek to call ME a geek, claims that I have a problem with wearing inappropriate footwear. I tend to go everywhere in the shoes I wear for work (even though I do own other pairs of shoes - but prefer to use these only for special occasions perhaps once a year).

She has also noticed my tendency to read articles on obscure pieces of information such as Larry Hagman's filmography (I'm sure there was an explanation for that but can't currently remember it).

Overall though, I think I'm pretty normal....

For an INTJ!

Hendo Barbarosa

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
For example a while back friend of mine showed me a photo of myself that he'd taken when we were at school some ten years previously. He then pointed out that I was currently wearing the same jacket as in the photo (something he found to be very amusing). Initially I was stunned, but then once I gathered myself I pointed out to him that it still fitted.

Dude, more normal than you (or I) would've suspected, seeing as how this EXACT thing has happened to me as well. Like as in I hope you don't mind me just using your same wording, it was that coincidental.

(obviously the clothing in each of our cases was different, as was also the span of time. Variables, variables :cheese: )

sculpting

hehehehahahahahaha!!! the one about the boxes is hysterical. and the socks too although I would totally do that. ( Oh I actually just made you all sneak back in your shells a touch. keep sharing, as I do luv you guys!!!! we cant understand you unless you tell us) I actually spent about three weeks in the snow in michigan making my own light up christmas lawn ornaments one year of a reindeer, a snowman, and a dnacing shiva. It was truley insane. they totally sucked!!! you guys cant beat that.

honestly I have recently determined that the meaning of my exisitance is to be so incredibly out there, that when others think they are cracking up, they can just tell themselves "at least we arent as nutty as her"

I think I may be the parent of *drum roll* an INTJ...

the funniest thing is to present him with logical inconsistancies. hehehe...

"mommy has a nose, the doggy has a nose and where is the your nose?"
"mommys eyes, the doggies eyes,now where are your eyes?"
"the doggy has ears, where are your ears?"
"the doggy has a tail, where is your tail?"

i will spend some time in hell at this rate

JamesK

MBTI Type
INTJ
I -wish- I was quirky. I'm just a weird girl - the long, awkward silences kind :)

Samvega

Buddhist Misanthrope
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I love and embrace weird, quirky and odd with open arms! I'm an odd duck, get many strange looks, I tend to think of them as compliments.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have a very particular way in which I use bath towels. I need two, one to dry off with, and another for my hair. I know some people dis-approve, but I hang my towels up to dry and re-use for a day or two so I don't have 14 dirty towels at the end of each week. Since, logically, the one used on the body would seem like it would need to be washed before the one used on the hair, I am actually very careful of which SIDE of the shower rod I hang each one up on (The Left towel is the body towel, the Right towel is the hair towel) and when I take them down to use them, I put the hair one on top since that's the one I'll need first when stepping out of the shower.

After a few days, I switch the 'Hair' towel to be the 'Body' towel, put the old 'Body' towel in the dirty clothes and get a fresh towel to be the 'Hair' towel for a few days...

I didn't realize how goofy this was until I had to try to live with my ex. lol (But I still do it... boyfriends may come and go, but a towel is forever... or at least a good lengthy while!)

**Edit - Maybe this isn't INTJ... maybe I'm obesssive compulsive hehehe**

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Quirky? Nah, I try and keep my quirks to myself. I think a lot of INxxs are aware that others would think us odd and we aren't comfortable being the center of attention so we keep a low profile.

I'm going with this. Because people have no idea. I think some of it is OCD-ish. Not like checking the door locks an even number of times or counting my teeth brush strokes but quirky weird all the same.

callmemigs

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I usually check if doors, windows and tanks are open when I have earphones banging in my head.