• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs, are you quirky?

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
But what if the whole point of the trip is to suffer? :( Wouldn't I be acheiving my goal?

Hmm... Yes you would. If that is your goal however, then I highly advise you rethink the potential consequences of such a goal.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I think I've found INTJs to be quite quirky in general, compared to the rest of the population. The hiding-in-the-cellar story is f**king hilarious, btw. I can just imagine the INTJ weirdo hanging out down there with his miner's cap on. :D

MBTI Type
INxJ
INXJ, have to sell his house, his agent is having another open house, and apparently the agent is not doing his job effectively, because it *shouldn't take that long, too many open houses*. Solution? Well, since it's not allowed by law, for the owner to be present during an open house, he decided he will hide out in his cellar (which apparently has great echo of the rest of the house - yes, we ran experiment to find this out) during the open house, to spy/see how the agent handles potential buyers, and issues that potential buyers have with the house. (he didn't want to spend money on rigging the house with recorders and such)

When I inquired how he'd keep himself entertained for all the hours, inside the cellar, he told me that he has one of those flashlight-headgear-thingy, and he'll read all the letters that's been piling up since he had gone on his last tour.

And, then, with a dead-pan face, asks me, "Why, too weird?"

:shock:

Efficient + Direct = Best course of action

I don't understand why it would be weird. Unless, you're inferring it's negative to take illegal action.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I don't understand why it would be weird.

Because your a weird INTJ! :D I think the cellar thing is weird. Not bad-weird, hilarious-weird. But still weird.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Because your a weird INTJ! :D I think the cellar thing is weird. Not bad-weird, hilarious-weird. But still weird.

Fair enough. lol Why exactly is it weird?

There's a lot of "cellar/basement related negative stigma" out there. Maybe because they are dark and often make appearances in serial killer stories. But 01011010 is cool weird.

Erudur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Of course we're all quirky. Ni helps us think of things other people would never think of. The Te and unconventionality frees us to actually do it.

For instance. I like cotton socks. There are occasions where one should wear colored socks as opposed to white socks, but I've never found colored socks that are as comfortable. So I took a bag of comfortable white socks, got some RIT dye and colored them blue.

Now I have comfortable cotton blue socks. I also like bulk so I don't have to fold them together. I can just make a pile of white cotton socks (all the same type so I can grab any two), and a pile of blue cotton socks.

Efficient, comfortable, unconventional -- perhaps even quirky?

I mentioned this to an INFJ friend yesterday and she laughed very hard.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Finally a thread that helps me sort out the real INTJ's from the posers. "Quirky" is really the best way to describe an INTJ. Really when they come up with the title of those INTJ descriptions it should look like this:

The Mastermind
The Visionary
The Scientist
The Quirky One
(Winnar!)

:)

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I mentioned this to an INFJ friend yesterday and she laughed very hard.

I don't get it! How is stuff like this so funny? Efficient, comfortable, and unconventional = awesome, not funny.

Qre:us

Efficient + Direct = Best course of action

Agreed! I love how he gives me the purest of solutions to problems sometimes. It's like...dang. Bullseye.

I don't understand why it would be weird. Unless, you're inferring it's negative to take illegal action.

Cuz it's so radically out of the norm, it's weird! [which is only a bad thing if you apply a negative connotation to the word 'weird' ;)]

Btw, he didn't actually *do* it, as he's very very adverse to breaking laws - being a senior officer in the military and all. I love though, playing with his INTJness, like when I make an illegal U-turn, and signal before I do it. *click, click, click, click*

"Why would you signal for making an illegal turn? What the hell kinda logic is that?"

That's when *he* thinks *I'm* weird. :shock:

hahahaha. He provides me with hours of entertainment. :wubbie:

MBTI Type
INxJ
There's a lot of "cellar/basement related negative stigma" out there. Maybe because they are dark and often make appearances in serial killer stories. But 01011010 is cool weird.

I googled, "serial killer basement." I wasn't previously aware of the stigma, but now I know. Thanks.

Qre:us

I can just imagine the INTJ weirdo hanging out down there with his miner's cap on. :D

HEY! That's my bf you're talking about!! You wanna take this outside??!!!:duel:

Not bad-weird, hilarious-weird. But still weird.

Ah, aha, I see. I see. Agreed!! I remember bombarding him with raspberry kisses when he saw the look on my face and asked me, "Why, too weird?" It was just too cute for words. Oh, I can fill this whole thread up with stories. But, I shall refrain as he might not appreciate this much [if he ever finds out :devil:]

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I googled, "serial killer basement." I wasn't previously aware of the stigma, but now I know. Thanks.

I think I just saved your life. Well, Google search and I saved a life, what's new?

MBTI Type
INxJ
I think I just saved your life. Well, Google search and I saved a life, what's new?

I have learned a valuable lesson today, good sir. Don't go into basements with anyone, and always take candy from vans.

chances.jpg

Tout the glories of Google, to the high (non-religious) heavens. :D

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I remember bombarding him with raspberry kisses when he saw the look on my face and asked me, "Why, too weird?" It was just too cute for words.

Oh believe me, I would have reacted the exact same way. I find real quirkiness (as opposed to the fake, attention-seeking kind) adorable. The sock dyeing is hilarious and cute as well. Fricken' INTJs. :D

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I get the 'you're nuts' looks all the time... I usually just smile and waltz away, leaving them with their confusion.

My quirks aren't usually a 'habit' per-say, where I could list all the 'weird' things I do... its more of a spontaneous reaction to the environment that I'm in or people that I'm with that gets me these looks. They aren't planned, and half the time I'm completely serious when people think I'm cracking jokes and they're laughing insanely. I just laugh and shake my head and move on.

I remember the chatter before a bi-weekly staff meeting at work where someone was talking about all their boxes that they have stored in their garage that haven't been opened since they moved in like 5 years ago. I started to tell them how I like to take all my boxes out of storage when I'm bored, unpack them and repack them for fun... but about the time I reached the end of the sentence they were all looking at me like I was some kind of OCD patient escaped from the institution so I laughed and said 'Haha... just kidding, I don't really do that...'

I like going through the stuff I haven't seen in a while :( And damned if my storage area isn't organized!

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This will probably sound like sarcasm but I really don't know where to even start when it comes to this.

Hendo Barbarosa

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I do this quirky thing where I don't often understand why people find the normal things I do quirky!

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
(Question for others: do you find INTJs quirky, and how?)

I find INTJs fascinating and admirably quirky. The INTJs that I know have the oddest little obsessions or tendencies, and while I realize on some level that they're bizarre, I also really like and understand what's behind them. As an INFJ, I tend to have really great conversations with INTJs about topics of mutual interest. I love INTJs for their expertise and confidence in what they know. I like that I understand INTJs while other people, particularly Ss, just think they're weird. I would say that the biggest stumbling block for the INTJs of my acquaintance is an unawareness of how they're being perceived by others (or perhaps just not caring), but that can be endearing in the first case and impressive in the latter.