User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I really liked drama, aside from the whole... stage fright issue, but it was very hard for me to be overly expressive (well, i called it being overly expressive...)... it was mostly melodrama... not exactly my piece of pie. I probably rehearsed the most out of my class... and definitely wasn't the best. Every now and then, though, it was something I looked forward to.

EDIT: I was a also in radio and tv... actually really liked "field reporting" if i was the one who wrote the story
    [B]Ti=Ne>Ni>Fe>Te=Fi>Si>Se

LII

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Quote Originally Posted by laintpe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Ideally I'll be the woman

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Isy View Post
    It appears to me -and those bunch of NTs who are answering here helps- that there may be some kind of bend, of inclination, by NTs to performing arts, surely not in the same way whether they are more E or I, but I wouldn't say the NT puts any limitation to their artistic predisposition: maybe more in the way they approach their artistic predisposition.
    If you know what I mean.
    I agree. I've noticed that NTs do tend to like more artistic things..but I posted the thread just to make sure.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

ENTPs are prone to performances of all kinds because they're ExxP--outwardly focused, comfortable with crowds and very spontaneous.

The INTs, I've noticed, are often way too shy to attempt a performance at anything that isn't a really serious area of interest, and when they do they will take it deadly seriously and tear themselves up over the tiniest mistakes. Frequently they're just too damn self-conscious to bother doing anything performance-like in front of people, but if they muster the motivation and courage, you can expect the highest degree of technical competence in their abilities. (And not a shred of levity...whatever the INT is truly interested in is SERIOUS SHIT!)

The ENTJs will also perform sometimes, and when they do they're really good at whatever it is they're performing. They can have trouble working in groups that require collective creativity (like, say...bands) though, and also they're not as willing to work on something just for the joy of showing off like an ExxP. They want to see some deeper purpose for it, which unfortunately ends up leading them away from the arts often times because at first it really is kind of pointless (at least from a purely rational standpoint)...you have to do it for a long time to become proficient enough for any other serious goals to even be remotely realistic, and that's kind of a turnoff for an NTJ if s/he doesn't REALLY love the arts.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    The ENTJs will also perform sometimes, and when they do they're really good at whatever it is they're performing. They can have trouble working in groups that require collective creativity (like, say...bands) though, and also they're not as willing to work on something just for the joy of showing off like an ExxP. They want to see some deeper purpose for it, which unfortunately ends up leading them away from the arts often times because at first it really is kind of pointless (at least from a purely rational standpoint)...you have to do it for a long time to become proficient enough for any other serious goals to even be remotely realistic, and that's kind of a turnoff for an NTJ if s/he doesn't REALLY love the arts.
    This is probably pretty accurate. When I was heavy into composing music, I learned just enough guitar to do what I wanted to do. I never really memorized the basic chords, just because I never directly used them.

MBTI
    IsTP

I enjoy playing, and I like playing for other people, but I get far too much anxiety when people are listening, I feel as though they are critiquing. It makes me more error prone when people are around, my focus suffers.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    ??

I love all performing arts! Mainly because I love showing off, but I also love them just for their artistic value.
    I'd say my favourite is drama. I think I love it so much because I'm a strong N, and acting is like entering an imaginary world.
    Being a strong N also makes me struggle a bit more with dance I think, I just think about it too much.

I love music and singing and everything too, although I every time I had lessons in an instrument I could never be bothered to practise and always quit before I got very good. Also I used shortcuts and didn't thoroughly learn music theory, and that let me down.

I play guitar and sing these days, and I'm planning to busk.

In my experience, most of the people who are really good at drama are ExxP. Most dancers are Sensors.
    I think most NTs are less attracted to performing arts than other types because they prize their intellect above all else, and living in their heads so much makes it harder for them to perform.

Sensors and Feelers are more attracted to the performing arts because you don't have to be smart.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by laintpe View Post
    I really liked drama, aside from the whole... stage fright issue, but it was very hard for me to be overly expressive (well, i called it being overly expressive...)... it was mostly melodrama... not exactly my piece of pie. I probably rehearsed the most out of my class... and definitely wasn't the best. Every now and then, though, it was something I looked forward to.

EDIT: I was a also in radio and tv... actually really liked "field reporting" if i was the one who wrote the story
    That made me think of something I noticed about myself--if I write the piece, I'm much looser in performing it. Maybe it's because as a P, I like to keep all my options open instead of making choices, but if I wrote the piece, I had a clear idea of how to make it come across.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTJ

At times I do. Usually I need someone to push me a little to expose myself to it but almost every time I enjoy it. Ne folks are good at pushing me:P

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SweeneyTodd View Post
    Sensors and Feelers are more attracted to the performing arts because you don't have to be smart.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'm not particularly attracted to the performing arts specifically, but I feel that if I was talented in that field, I'd do it. Basically my train of thought is "If I'm good at it, I'll do it."