User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    epic

Default ISFJ "turned" ENTP

"turned" was for dramatic effect. it was more like a fairly rapid ideological change. (isfj - esfj - intj - intp - entp)

high school:
    bunch of shit happened to me in childhood (parents = cluster of mental disorders) that really repressed any encouragement of individuality or love. mother was also fundamentalist christian who demanded complete submission of her children and their identities. i found no value in myself growing up and desired only to serve others complete and utter state of normlessness at home - looked at the media and television for an idea of how to navigate the "real world" and learn how to be a woman and human being. what i learned as a teenager was that looks are everything (and what i learned due to our family secrets was that image was everything). began a legacy of objectifying myself and wanted desperately to look "perfect" .. because if i were outwardly beautiful, i thought, everybody would love me. if i were the prettiest girl in the world, men and women would love me. also a deeply, deeply empathetic individual. was an utterly self-loathing ISFJ.

university
    came to college bright and shining and very extroverted. (ESFJ) my only confidence derived from the way i looked. i had transformed myself into a beautiful, shiny abercrombie & fitch ad. very conscious of appearances. received a lot of attention from guys. felt prized, felt i was worth something. didn't really give a shit about school. middle of the semester - suffered an undiagnosed medical condition that crippled my self esteem. realized that i had no sense of self or internal sense of value and that i derived everything from a guy's physical appraisal. realized something was horribly wrong with me. ;;

realized how highly political my shallowness was (i would judge people based on appearances). hated myself even more. ("i was no altruist - i was a political pawn created by insecurity and ethnocentrism! SHIT") became highly INTJ. could see "through" people. became very cynical of people. saw how political and self-seeking people were even though they were unaware of it. hated the world - sought an immutable "eternal" to root myself to outside of transient sensory perceptions. obsessed with rationality and wanting people to make "sense" - deconstructed other people to their most basic components. dealt with others in an impersonal manner due to hatred for my past bigotry and revolt at their own. everything was done efficiently.

forgave myself after realizing i was a victim as well, began wanting to understand the world around me completely. saw the interconnectedness of my actions and behaviors as well as those of others within a complex system. fascination with paradox and logic, obsession with acquiring more thorough knowledge. INTP phase.

now, i'm a generally happy, hard-working ENTP. claimed back my confidence, began to think in an un-linear fashion. started to make connections, to jump around between facts and observations. started to see patterns everywhere, began exercising my imagination, seeing things holistically, intuiting like a maniac. just on a joyride of fun that is LIFE. haha. enjoy the complex, enjoy challenge. when pensive, my introverted thinking (ti) leaps up and furiously incorporates new information into my pre-existing frameworks. this is a very cute thing to witness. my introverted feeling fi is also stronger than my fe, which is very cool for me.

what do you guys think? has anyone else had an mbti "journey?" (a journey into a complete reversal of functions even .. woah woah).
    Last edited by velocity; 02-02-2009 at 04:00 AM.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

THIS CAN HAPPEN!

My mom kinda did this. But she is still a solid ISFJ - just with her moments and her understanding of the ENTPways.
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    InTJ
    Enneagram

Actually, i think i was an ESFJ growing up and through high school. Similar to you, i was also really shallow and looked like the typical Abercrombie & Fitch poster girl. now, i've become INTJ, and i think it's a result of a few major events in my life and especially dating my ENTP boyfriend for 5 years who has dramatically helped shatter my false sense of reality. but I think that's also why i'm somewhat more well rounded than a lot of INTJs.. or at least i don't completely fit all the INTJ stereotypes about not having any emotions and stuff like that.

So speaking of that, i'm still working on developing my N more, so does anyone have ideas on how to do this?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I went from ENFP to INFP. I think it happened due to extreme stress in my life.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I used to be much more T - probably borderline INTP. Then I started realizing how arbitrary logic was. So I started focusing more on helping others and myself realize what the world really is, and how to survive it. There is nothing more real than your emotions and the emotions of others.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Such a change happened to me too. I went from E something to INTJ, then back to E something and now back to INTJ. Seems I always did a change between the extremes, so basically something like ESFP (or similar) to INTJ, and then the complete thing over again.
    I would like to stay mostly INTJ. The other thing just doesn't fit me.
    Sometimes you fall back a bit, but the more you stay away from your old type, the better it gets.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyz22 View Post
    "turned" was for dramatic effect. it was more like a fairly rapid ideological change. (isfj - esfj - intj - intp - entp)

high school:
    bunch of shit happened to me in childhood (parents = cluster of mental disorders) that really repressed any encouragement of individuality or love. mother was also fundamentalist christian who demanded complete submission of her children and their identities. i found no value in myself growing up and desired only to serve others complete and utter state of normlessness at home - looked at the media and television for an idea of how to navigate the "real world" and learn how to be a woman and human being. what i learned as a teenager was that looks are everything (and what i learned due to our family secrets was that image was everything). began a legacy of objectifying myself and wanted desperately to look "perfect" .. because if i were outwardly beautiful, i thought, everybody would love me. if i were the prettiest girl in the world, men and women would love me. also a deeply, deeply empathetic individual. was an utterly self-loathing ISFJ.

university
    came to college bright and shining and very extroverted. (ESFJ) my only confidence derived from the way i looked. i had transformed myself into a beautiful, shiny abercrombie & fitch ad. very conscious of appearances. received a lot of attention from guys. felt prized, felt i was worth something. didn't really give a shit about school. middle of the semester - suffered an undiagnosed medical condition that crippled my self esteem. realized that i had no sense of self or internal sense of value and that i derived everything from a guy's physical appraisal. realized something was horribly wrong with me. ;;

realized how highly political my shallowness was (i would judge people based on appearances). hated myself even more. ("i was no altruist - i was a political pawn created by insecurity and ethnocentrism! SHIT") became highly INTJ. could see "through" people. became very cynical of people. saw how political and self-seeking people were even though they were unaware of it. hated the world - sought an immutable "eternal" to root myself to outside of transient sensory perceptions. obsessed with rationality and wanting people to make "sense" - deconstructed other people to their most basic components. dealt with others in an impersonal manner due to hatred for my past bigotry and revolt at their own. everything was done efficiently.

forgave myself after realizing i was a victim as well, began wanting to understand the world around me completely. saw the interconnectedness of my actions and behaviors as well as those of others within a complex system. fascination with paradox and logic, obsession with acquiring more thorough knowledge. INTP phase.

now, i'm a generally happy, hard-working ENTP. claimed back my confidence, began to think in an un-linear fashion. started to make connections, to jump around between facts and observations. started to see patterns everywhere, began exercising my imagination, seeing things holistically, intuiting like a maniac. just on a joyride of fun that is LIFE. haha. enjoy the complex, enjoy challenge. when pensive, my introverted thinking (ti) leaps up and furiously incorporates new information into my pre-existing frameworks. this is a very cute thing to witness. my introverted feeling fi is also stronger than my fe, which is very cool for me.

what do you guys think? has anyone else had an mbti "journey?" (a journey into a complete reversal of functions even .. woah woah).
    u were INFJ all along. just because u got a little upset about deriving satisfaction from the world in a Fe way, doesnt mean that you arent a Fe type.

example: it has, at some points in my life, bothered me that i derive most of my pleasure and sense of self from accomplishments, random knowledge and talents (Te), but im still ENTJ. (i went through what "you" might call an INFP phase...but really, i've always been ENTJ.)

MBTI
    onto
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

^Why is it taken for granted that a preference mustn't change over time?
    One should not aim at being possible to understand, but at being impossible to misunderstand. - Quintilian

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, that's all very interesting, but what about this? Perhaps you were an ENTP all along, and you were pressured to live out your shadow for most of your young life? It just took you that long to grow into who you really were.

MBTI
    epic

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I used to be much more T - probably borderline INTP. Then I started realizing how arbitrary logic was. So I started focusing more on helping others and myself realize what the world really is, and how to survive it. There is nothing more real than your emotions and the emotions of others.
    for me, emotion is arbitrary in the sense that i always have to understand it within the context of its manifestation. for example, a person might have a "gut" "feeling" of immense pride and love when they see the american flag. i suppose it's meaningful to them .. but that's where i come in to burst their bubble and undermine their belief systems. i like to understand why people "feel" a certain way to get to the underlying issue (i am more interested in thoughts though). although i believe emotions are valid, it's important for me to be able to discern when they DO matter (and one should listen to them as an indicator of something our consciousness has not yet approached) and when they should be questioned. i also do not like being a slave to passion although, like any human being, i get overwhelmed by emotion from time to time - but it's not the most important thing to me. what is? - my philosophy, a certain idea that i have to which i am fiercely loyal.
    Last edited by velocity; 02-02-2009 at 04:00 AM.