User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    epic

Quote Originally Posted by GargoylesLegacy View Post
    Such a change happened to me too. I went from E something to INTJ, then back to E something and now back to INTJ. Seems I always did a change between the extremes, so basically something like ESFP (or similar) to INTJ, and then the complete thing over again.
    I would like to stay mostly INTJ. The other thing just doesn't fit me.
    Sometimes you fall back a bit, but the more you stay away from your old type, the better it gets.
    haha the performer mastermind. write down all your thoughts and DANCE TO THEIR MELODY!
    Last edited by velocity; 02-02-2009 at 04:01 AM.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    u were INFJ all along. just because u got a little upset about deriving satisfaction from the world in a Fe way, doesnt mean that you arent a Fe type.

example: it has, at some points in my life, bothered me that i derive most of my pleasure and sense of self from accomplishments, random knowledge and talents (Te), but im still ENTJ. (i went through what "you" might call an INFP phase...but really, i've always been ENTJ.)
    Not so at all. I could have written that above post because it seems like my life word for word. I most definitely was ISFJ and most definitely am ENTP now.

MBTI
    InTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Well, that's all very interesting, but what about this? Perhaps you were an ENTP all along, and you were pressured to live out your shadow for most of your young life? It just took you that long to grow into who you really were.
    although that could be possible, i think it makes more sense that she did change letters simply because she seemed to have been happy as the other letters. if she was ENTP all along, she probably would have been somewhat depressed not following her true preferences.

Although most people are pretty stable, our letters/preferences CAN change over time.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I think that you may have always been an ENTP but one who was under a lot of stress.
    When a person is under a lot of stress, he or she often doubts him or herself and does the opposite of his or her instincts (a.k.a: The opposite personality).
    The type you are in your most sane state is the one you are. I hope this helps!
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You should go back to ISFJ.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

people dont change types
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    epic

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Well, that's all very interesting, but what about this? Perhaps you were an ENTP all along, and you were pressured to live out your shadow for most of your young life? It just took you that long to grow into who you really were.
    that's one of my theories as well. when you're young, you're so vulnerable and defenseless .. i was bewildered by my mom and her contradictions .. with absolutely no way to understand them. all aspects of my life were constantly controlled and monitored (and severely punished if the "rules" were not followed .. with those rules being unpredictable and fabricated along the way as well). there was no continuity or stability .. my only goals were to fit in as much as possible and to appease her and make her happy, i had no sense of a healthy reality at all. i was never allowed to talk or acknowledge any of my feeling at all and always had to appear "happy" and "fine" and i was never allowed to actualize my dreams or goals. i think the tendency to be very passive or very controlling without clear boundaries or a healthy sense of self is pretty common among children and adult children of abuse or alcoholics.

i think we have all eight functions - some of us are just more comfortable to us and bring us greater joy and satisfaction. i see typology more as a reflection of the investments of our time than as a static personality. there are places i want to go (personal goals) and in order to get there i have to be willing to put myself out there and very pro-actively exert myself in the public world and it took the support of one really amazing professor to bring out my confidence again.

MBTI
    epic

Quote Originally Posted by Petite Etoile View Post
    although that could be possible, i think it makes more sense that she did change letters simply because she seemed to have been happy as the other letters. if she was ENTP all along, she probably would have been somewhat depressed not following her true preferences.

Although most people are pretty stable, our letters/preferences CAN change over time.
    i see my changes more as ideological changes than personality changes - but as ideologies that expanded my mind and THUS changed my personality. i see fi, fe, ni, ne, ti, te, and si, se as all "lenses" of seeing our realities and "lenses" for interpretation. some of us see the forest or the trees or the spaces in between - others see the sky, the ground, and the colors of the scenery .. but none of us can see the whole. if i were to meet an individual when i was an INTJ.. i would have noticed how individualistic or competent or focused they were - i would have paid attention to those aspects. i would have seen the biases in the rationales that were presented to me in someone's opinion. now, as an ENTP, i notice and individual's openness and sense of humor (among other things). i see typology not as the actual essense of a person but of their investments. that being said, i feel happier, more creative, and more confident now than i ever was, but that also has to do with being grateful for having my mind opened to a larger whole while keeping the lessons of my past alongside me. i just try to have fun and learn as i go along.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    people dont change types
    Wow that was so insightful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

INTP... I think not.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    people dont change types
    agreed. though, i have no proof of such a thing. i just think the theory makes more sense in a developing sense if people are static in XXXX, yet develope weaker functions as they go. changing "dominant functions" to me just doesnt make sense (this is coming from someone who at first thought they were INFP).