User Tag List

123 Last

Default Two types of INTJs

Also can you help me sort this out. I am in sceince so stumble across a fair number of INTJs.

they seem to come in two or maybe three flavors.

1. The excessively pedantic ones-to the point of almost being OCD like. They will talk, and talk, and talk at you in a lecture like fashion as if they have to dump everything out of thier brain. Most folks can't handle one on one for very long as there is no escape route. I totally fall into ENFP mode, flake out, giggle and wonder out of the room in the middle of the conversation. They are really INTJ like otherwise.

2. The silent, broody type-I do love these folks as these ones are so full of intense, yet silent passion and opinion. The set such large hurdles for themselves and are the ultimate, non stop strivers. On the surface they have been descirbed as ice princesses.

3. I have seen one or two much more assertive dominant INTJs. Not sure if this is a subtype of two with more testosterone or what.

So any idea about the diff between 1 and 2?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    Also can you help me sort this out. I am in sceince so stumble across a fair number of INTJs.

1. The excessively pedantic ones-to the point of almost being OCD like. They will talk, and talk, and talk at you in a lecture like fashion as if they have to dump everything out of thier brain. Most folks can't handle one on one for very long as there is no escape route. I totally fall into ENFP mode, flake out, giggle and wonder out of the room in the middle of the conversation. They are really INTJ like otherwise.

2. The silent, broody type-I do love these folks as these ones are so full of intense, yet silent passion and opinion. The set such large hurdles for themselves and are the ultimate, non stop strivers. On the surface they have been descirbed as ice princesses.

3. I have seen one or two much more assertive dominant INTJs. Not sure if this is a subtype of two with more testosterone or what.

I used to talk too much until I realized people didn't like it.
    Do you think age or maturity could be the difference?
    Likes chubber liked this post

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Hmm, I believe I've met both types before. The former (to an extreme) being one lady I knew in highschool, the latter being an acquaintance nearby who I see once a month or 2. I can't really figure out what the difference is although I can say #2 has his shit together way, way, way, WAY more than #1, who has made some flat-out idiotic life decisions that have put her back at square 1. Not sure if that has much to do with it though.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    INTj

1) eNTJ
    2) INTJ
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

they have been descirbed as ice princesses.
    I object

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I used to talk too much until I realized people didn't like it.
    Do you think age or maturity could be the difference?
    the difference could also be that in one case you are closer friends with them, and in the other, you are not. INTJs don't just open up to everyone...what is the status of your connection with the person in either case?

MBTI
    xxxx

I have to question whether most of these people are actually INTJs. You do know that there are 10 times as many xSTJs as xNTJs and that they look similar right? There are INTJs with very strong T and others who favor N so they won't all appear the same.

MBTI
    INXP

Good point.. both ISTJ and INTJ have externalised thinking, so on the surface will appear very similar!

MBTI
    nnnn

I wonder...how cooperative are other INTJs in class? I'm a pretty dominant figure in the classroom because I answer a lot, vocalise critique and engage the teacher/other students. Can't bear the silence after a prof asks a question and the students just refuse to say anything. I don't mind being "wrong" or debated with, but I hate the feeling of standing still like that, of no dialogue and I feel bad for the teacher. I'm pretty invested in courses. I can pull it off without being hated by the rest of the class.

Other than that I'm pretty quiet, I don't do lecturing.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I don't know.

Once somebody strikes something I'm passionate about, sometimes it's hard to shut me up. Most of the times you'll just get a few words but at a certain point they just come GUSHING FORTH with extreme intensity. And then it clears up, and it doesn't happen for a while...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Okay, so I haven't really met the different types of INTJs the OP is talking about, but I did notice there are 2 types of INTJ for real. The ones that were described at 2) and then the ones that are more open and warm; to which I would count people like sonata, withoutaface or myself.

As for the types you described up there, I guess that it probably is completely different types. At least I haven't seen those "subtypes" yet?
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O