Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Quote Originally Posted by sonata View Post
    Now how would a pair of unconventional INTJs go about saving the world?
    How about we get some more people (like an INTP for example) and start controling the internet, as well as all the networks and machines?

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I bet alone the imagination of that, will cost at least one innocent ENTP the life
    You should join in.

Man, I just realized there are quite a few non-typical INTJs in here. Especially lately there were a few new ones that joined. Awesome. I guess we need to redefine the "typical INTJ" very soon.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I contend that because it is a key component of an INTJs personality to be original, as well as stubborn, probably almost all of us (of course within a certain behavioral framework) are like... innately harder to find the consistencies in.

Of course I might be falling prey to this syndrome as well, being american:

David Brin : The Dogma of Otherness

MBTI
    InTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Number 2 FTW!
    If one does not understand a person, one tends to regard him as a fool. -Carl Gustav Jung *I-74* *N-53* *T-95* *J-89*

i am still unclear.

I have been close to both types actually on a friend-coworker level. Being an enfp that means i hover under their feet and charm them to death with my flutterbyness.

the numbers ones are too cerebral and abstract too be ISTJs. one is an MIT nueroscientist, another a biochemisut, and the last an organic chemist. They also are not "powerful" the way an entj is. Those guys feel the need to exert themselves on everything around them.

also a middle N-s seems really odd for these two types, given that the the primary function is either Si or Ni. That would seem to negate the possibility of someone who is split in the middle.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I bet alone the imagination of that, will cost at least one innocent ENTP the life
    Are you offering? I'll fire up the witch burning stake if your ready.

OP: I've seen all of those characteristics in INTJs, but I wouldn't state they're broody. That's a bit more emotive than the majority, since Te is the function INTJs use to deal with the outside world. What your describing seems to be the instinctual variants of Enneagram 5 (possibly 8 for type 3). You're very observant to pick up all the nuances in INTJ behavior.

Type 1: Self Preservation
    Type 2: Intimate/Sexual
    Type 3: Social

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

It all depends on the balance of their functions. Also - maturity.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    458 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    Also can you help me sort this out. I am in sceince so stumble across a fair number of INTJs.

they seem to come in two or maybe three flavors.

1. The excessively pedantic ones-to the point of almost being OCD like. They will talk, and talk, and talk at you in a lecture like fashion as if they have to dump everything out of thier brain. Most folks can't handle one on one for very long as there is no escape route. I totally fall into ENFP mode, flake out, giggle and wonder out of the room in the middle of the conversation. They are really INTJ like otherwise.

2. The silent, broody type-I do love these folks as these ones are so full of intense, yet silent passion and opinion. The set such large hurdles for themselves and are the ultimate, non stop strivers. On the surface they have been descirbed as ice princesses.

3. I have seen one or two much more assertive dominant INTJs. Not sure if this is a subtype of two with more testosterone or what.

So any idea about the diff between 1 and 2?
    Honestly none of these descriptions are right on, but I'll run with it... I can sort of fit into all three of these. I tend to go off of my environment and really look for vibes. Sometimes I'm nothing but quite and excessively analytical about everything, as well as super stimulated in places I find productive. How ever I act, and what ever my "mood" boils down to is all about gageing the proper place for my intensity. Some people/environments just can't handle my energy, and that is something that generates most of my anxieties in unfamiliar environments. When it boils down to it through and through... I'm my best in productive environments were people (particularly managers) just kind of set me loose to do my own thing. I'm pretty strange and deranged and naturally unorthodox about any and all methodologies (especially with experiments). I'm actually very social, talkative, and upbeat in my most preferred state, but I have to feel like something is being accomplished... I get bored way to damn easy, and I get agititaed with anyone who just wants to tread water so to speak. If I'm not comfortable... You may never know I'm there, and thus likely to go fully incognito before long... My friends know me notoriously for my dissapearing act. They typically just know by now that I either had to impulsively go for a drive, or I got sucked into an idea sending me in search of pen, paper, and isolation. Im a strange breed I get that. I don't know if other INTJ s are similar, but none of us would be interesting if we all shared the same antics also... We are problem solvers that have a strategy subconsciously for everything; bare in mind that its common to solve a problem 10,000 different ways, and that alone can mean 10,000 different ways to create a cherry flavored coolaid... None will ever be exactly the same.
    ~ Only your heart can poison your mind. ~

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    Also can you help me sort this out. I am in sceince so stumble across a fair number of INTJs.

they seem to come in two or maybe three flavors.

1. The excessively pedantic ones-to the point of almost being OCD like. They will talk, and talk, and talk at you in a lecture like fashion as if they have to dump everything out of thier brain. Most folks can't handle one on one for very long as there is no escape route. I totally fall into ENFP mode, flake out, giggle and wonder out of the room in the middle of the conversation. They are really INTJ like otherwise.

2. The silent, broody type-I do love these folks as these ones are so full of intense, yet silent passion and opinion. The set such large hurdles for themselves and are the ultimate, non stop strivers. On the surface they have been descirbed as ice princesses.

3. I have seen one or two much more assertive dominant INTJs. Not sure if this is a subtype of two with more testosterone or what.

So any idea about the diff between 1 and 2?

In short:

First group are INTJs that are Enneagram 1 or mistyped ISTJs.

Second group are strandard INTJs that test as 5s and perhaps there is a few 6s in the mix.

Third group are INTJs that test as 8s, they are very health 5s or they are mistyped ENTJs.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj Ne

All of these fit me, and I'm not even an INTJ.
    Ti = Ne > Ni > Si > Te = Fi > Se > Fe
    5w4 - 4w3 - 1w9
    Chaotic-True Neutral.

My Socionics test result: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/resul....V8bh7vuL.dpuf

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

there's also the ones who seem to share some sort of zen hitman type vibe with some istps... (though that could take us down the rabbit hole to different types of istps)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett