User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    iNtJ

Quote Originally Posted by GargoylesLegacy View Post
    Okay, so I haven't really met the different types of INTJs the OP is talking about, but I did notice there are 2 types of INTJ for real. The ones that were described at 2) and then the ones that are more open and warm; to which I would count people like sonata, withoutaface or myself.
    I agree. But I've got a bit of 2) in me. Open? Hardly. I'm way more open on this forum than I am in real life. Most people who think they know me honestly don't. Warm? Sure, sometimes, but I doubt it's one of the first adjectives you would use to describe me.

You give me too much credit.

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Quote Originally Posted by sonata View Post
    You give me too much credit.
    Well, you are no "iceberg", so for me you go into the "more warm and open" section. Easy. =P
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

Sniffles

Yeah I know both types. Type 1) piss me off the most. Type 2) can be alright if I keep them at arms' length. I'll usually prefer fellow INFJs if I want the silent, brooding type.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

There is indeed a difference. I got to know the INTJ, who projects on his environment through his actions that he constantly wants to be adored for his logical conclusions. Which will get very alienating in the long run, both the "want to be adored" and the "analytical part".

The other INTJ on the other hand, seems to be more in touch with his N. He is generally more open-minded and understands the concept that you have to learn about a thing before you can analyze it fully.

That introverted world of the INTJ seems to have a wide-spread appearance though. Most of the INTJs I know are idiots and assholes but some I consider as very close friends and even one I founded a company with.

It's really most versatile.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    I wonder...how cooperative are other INTJs in class? I'm a pretty dominant figure in the classroom because I answer a lot, vocalise critique and engage the teacher/other students. Can't bear the silence after a prof asks a question and the students just refuse to say anything. I don't mind being "wrong" or debated with, but I hate the feeling of standing still like that, of no dialogue and I feel bad for the teacher. I'm pretty invested in courses. I can pull it off without being hated by the rest of the class.

Other than that I'm pretty quiet, I don't do lecturing.
    Very cooperative in class, but with discretion however. I have an extreme dislike for pendant and an extreme affinity for practicality. I like to view knowledge as something you can use. Therefore I tend to ask questions in class that encourage open ended answers and questions from other people. I like being vague, because it encourages questions/answers that you would never expect from others. Then you start asking more narrow, specific questions in order to assimilate useful knowledge. Once absorbed, start making the questions more vague again. I find the key to good participation is varying intensity at the right times. I can be very fickle, so I find that it helps to not get too focused or too unfocused for a long period of time during a class discussion.

So open up ideas, then start pinpointing and mapping out the good ones. Then open up again, pinpoint, and repeat.

Okay, so I haven't really met the different types of INTJs the OP is talking about, but I did notice there are 2 types of INTJ for real. The ones that were described at 2) and then the ones that are more open and warm; to which I would count people like sonata, withoutaface or myself.

As for the types you described up there, I guess that it probably is completely different types. At least I haven't seen those "subtypes" yet?
    Heh, if only it would get me somewhere once in a while. Sometimes I feel it would be better if I was a cold-hearted bastard.

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    There is indeed a difference. I got to know the INTJ, who projects on his environment through his actions that he constantly wants to be adored for his logical conclusions. Which will get very alienating in the long run, both the "want to be adored" and the "analytical part".

The other INTJ on the other hand, seems to be more in touch with his N. He is generally more open-minded and understands the concept that you have to learn about a thing because you can analyze it fully.
    I am glad you made this experience too and that I am not alone with this thought.

Quote Originally Posted by WithoutaFace View Post
    Heh, if only it would get me somewhere once in a while. Sometimes I feel it would be better if I was a cold-hearted bastard.
    Yeah I know what you mean. It pays off sooner or later though, even if it doesn't seem so. And besides it makes you just feel better if you aren't a complete jackass.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Most of the INTJs I know are idiots and assholes
    I believe you, for more than one reason.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Yeah I know both types. Type 1) piss me off the most. Type 2) can be alright if I keep them at arms' length. I'll usually prefer fellow INFJs if I want the silent, brooding type.
    I dunno, most of the INFJs I've met aren't very silent about their brooding.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

hehe . You have to tickle them behind the right ear. If you keep it that way they either will get real calm or rip your head off. Its your risk
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    iNtJ

Yeah I know what you mean. It pays off sooner or later though, even if it doesn't seem so. And besides it makes you just feel better if you aren't a complete jackass.
    It makes /us/ feel better that we aren't complete jackasses. But do the complete jackasses feel bad about their jackassery?

I don't actually think they do.