• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP men

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
why do you think hes entp? why not estp?

after reading the OP, i thought the same thing.

then after reading the rest of the thread, i was really confused as to why so much certainty that he's ENTP.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
after reading the OP, i thought the same thing.

then after reading the rest of the thread, i was really confused as to why so much certainty that he's ENTP.

Sounds too reckless to really be ENTP. Although, I think some ENTP's have a death-wish-scorched earth attitude when they're depressed. ENTP depression is ugly.

sculpting

why do you think hes entp? why not estp?

one way to find out if he relly is entp- sleep with him and if you feel used after, hes estp. if he makes you feel conflicted (or even good) about sleeping with him, he might be entp

pHD level biochemist with about twenty papers and fifteen years in developmental research in pharma and biotech. ESTPs dont do that sort of stuff. Exceptional scientist, brilliant ideas, enormous visionary capabilities, amazing abstract intelligence however a socially defective slimebag. He can see past next month, which none of the ESTPs I work with can do. He can see the potential inherent in complex issues. ESTPs are interesting watch for a little while but are not enticing mentally. It's a tossup as he brings value to my team but socially causes chaos.

However he hangs with the estps as they all live it up with Se. Funny thing though, he takes Se to this crazed limit that even an estp does not do. The estps comment on the transitions between his focused work attitude and his after work party side where he goes crazy.

If I ever slept with him I would be destroyed emotionally. However he follows me like some sort of lost puppy the few times he sees me and acts bizarre, then does all the other crazy shit I already mentioned and manipulates me whenever he can. Avoidance is best. He is a total douche bag and is a nutcase.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Behavior ultimately comes down to who you see yourself as. If you see yourself as a good person, capable of respect and capable of being respected, you will hearken to reproach. You will listen all those times when people tell you you are fucking up and you will change in your heart at that instant you become aware. This is why it is important to try to show people the way. Because many times they do not make the connection between their behaviors and others, necessarily. They are not aware of how they affect others or they are in denial and need to be confronted. However, some people never learn and others still do not love themselves enough to want to do better. All morality stems ultimately from positive ego, integrity.

As it happens, I was reading Proverbs last night and Solomon speaks repeatedly about correction and wisdom.

Proverbs 17:10 A rebuke enters deeper into one who has understanding
Than a hundred lashes into a fool.

sculpting

Behavior ultimately comes down to who you see yourself as. If you see yourself as a good person, capable of respect and capable of being respected, you will hearken to reproach. You will listen all those times when people tell you you are fucking up and you will change in your heart at that instant you become aware. This is why it is important to try to show people the way. Because many times they do not make the connection between their behaviors and others, necessarily. They are not aware of how they affect others or they are in denial and need to be confronted. However, some people never learn and others still do not love themselves enough to want to do better. All morality stems ultimately from positive ego, integrity.

As it happens, I was reading Proverbs last night and Solomon speaks repeatedly about correction and wisdom.

Proverbs 17:10 A rebuke enters deeper into one who has understanding
Than a hundred lashes into a fool.

But Syn, I dont think you can help show an entp, more so than any other type, anything or change them unless they choose to do so. They just respond by throwing it back at you or building walls, or attacking. You cannot reach inside of an entp and build something that is not there. They find that hideously offensive.

I, more than anyone else at my company have called this man to task so many times for his behavior. I have had multiple curse filled conversations where I discuss his flaws, how he treats others, why he thinks it is okay to cheat on his girlfriend, why his behavior is not reasonable for our team, and why you cannot hit on women you work with, and so on. It helps-he has gotten somewhat better in his relations with others. Slow progress and endless cleanup..

I could endlessly, easily manipulate this man. I understand him and his weaknesses and it would be simple. However that is cruel. When do you give up on people? When is it okay to right them off and stop trying to show them how to become something better? (Not from a relationship perspective, never that, just to become better as a human)

As a coworker, you cut the useless off let them get fired , however as a person I find that hard to do.

How can you change the way someone else sees themself?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
But Syn, I dont think you can help show an entp, more so than any other type, anything or change them unless they choose to do so. They just respond by throwing it back at you or building walls, or attacking. You cannot reach inside of an entp and build something that is not there.

Of course. No one can be made to change. You can only hold the mirror. You cannot make them look into it. Our job as friends and as fellows is to hold the mirror to those we choose to attend to. The good will find good and the bad will find ugliness.

I, more than anyone else at my company have called this man to task so many times for his behavior. I have had multiple curse filled conversations where I discuss his flaws, how he treats others, why he thinks it is okay to cheat on his girlfriend, why his behavior is not reasonable for our team, and why you cannot hit on women you work with, and so on. It helps-he has gotten somewhat better in his relations with others. Slow progress and endless cleanup..

I am not saying you need to take it upon yourself to fix this man's foolishness, nor could you or should you. However, you still talk with him and he still has his job and his doormat girlfriend, so from his perspective his behavior has cost him exactly nothing.

Shunning. That works.

I could endlessly, easily manipulate this man. I understand him and his weaknesses and it would be simple. However that is cruel. When do you give up on people? When is it okay to right them off and stop trying to show them how to become something better? (Not from a relationship perspective, never that, just to become better as a human)

As a coworker, you cut the useless off let them get fired , however as a person I find that hard to do.

If you participate by manipulating you are not being a good example of upright behavior, nevermind the cruelty of it.

Everyone gets one chance per type of mistake. After that they must re-earn entry back into your life. It is not incumbent upon you to keep furthering credit, and if you do you risk harming yourself and enabling them.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
pHD level biochemist with about twenty papers and fifteen years in developmental research in pharma and biotech. ESTPs dont do that sort of stuff. Exceptional scientist, brilliant ideas, enormous visionary capabilities, amazing abstract intelligence however a socially defective slimebag. He can see past next month, which none of the ESTPs I work with can do. He can see the potential inherent in complex issues. ESTPs are interesting watch for a little while but are not enticing mentally. It's a tossup as he brings value to my team but socially causes chaos.

However he hangs with the estps as they all live it up with Se. Funny thing though, he takes Se to this crazed limit that even an estp does not do. The estps comment on the transitions between his focused work attitude and his after work party side where he goes crazy.

If I ever slept with him I would be destroyed emotionally. However he follows me like some sort of lost puppy the few times he sees me and acts bizarre, then does all the other crazy shit I already mentioned and manipulates me whenever he can. Avoidance is best. He is a total douche bag and is a nutcase.

phd and research experience doesnt gaurantee intuitives. its just that intuitives find it easier to grasp the concept of a prosthetic brain. i have friends who are very strong xSxx and are currently rocking advanced calculus courses while half xNxP's i know barely get a passing average

other than that, i have no input