User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: ENTP men

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    i guess the question is are the little glances and smiles, touches, watching actual interest or just an ever roaming Ne finding possibilities?
    Wait hang on...

What's the difference?

Man and I thought I was like... an expert.
    we fukin won boys

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    No mall fountains for YOU.
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Don't go there.
    I love it when other people set the table up for me.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    I love it when other people set the table up for me.
    I'm going to roll you up in a carpet and mail you to Zimbabwe.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ESTJ

Hi, I am a happy puppy ENFP here for advice. (posted on another site already too.)

I am a biochemist turned marketer. My entire career I have been surrounded by NTs everywhere. I love them!!!! lovelovelovelove lalalala! (told you Im an ENFP) I am a whirlwind of spasticity amongst all my NTs and I have found a very good niche in my career

Most of the folks I work with I understand. INTJs with thier silly broody brillant pedanticness, INTPs who have given up at my lack of logical precision but respond in good natured fashion to my vaguely construed, random barrage of questioning.

I luv my ENTP buddies as well, most of who have been women so far. I am the Product Manager for a product that my ENTP best friend is a Project Manager for. We have verbal wars debating the theoretical merits of market driven needs vs project management constraints on our cell phones during our evening commute everyday, and enjoy every minute of it.

So where I am a little confused is with ENTP men. Looking back I realize I am completely drawn to thier company and really like being around them, however in the past was married to a pure ISTP (very, very poor match for me) and thus never really on the market. All my favorite guys in college were physicists.

I am single now but honestly I am such a poor sensor (Si) that I really dont notice how other folks look. Men or women, they are like big people blobs. Once I start talking to them, I forget what they look like and only "see" what they are. Sorry I know that sounds totally nuts. So sometimes I will look up in the midst of working with an ENTP guy and catch this odd shock when our eyes meet. like a little burst of super sensing. A few weeks back one of the ENTPs I work with was at our sales meeting (ie drunken party) and walked up behind me, and began running his hands through my hair, working out the little tangles and occasionally touching my scalp gently. It was the MOST sensual erotic thing a man has ever done to me. sorry, seems a little off but I was with an ISTP forever.

Later he held my hand for a few seconds and then made me kiss him on the cheek in front of the crowd of foks there, for some drunken reason or another. He was in the office all week, and I found I suddenly cant avoid "sensing" him. To even be in the same room with him I have to be sort of bitchy or I just lose my breath a little and cant focus. He watches me when I speak like he is studying me, or observing me. He came in and just plopped down in my office and smiles a little, watches me and takes my total bitchiness and just smiles.

I treat him like he is stupid, make fun of his PhD, (he is one arrogant bastard normally), and am kind of short with him and he just smiles and watches. stupid blue eyes.

In general he is a partying boy, who travels 75%, with a live-in girlfriend in another state.

i guess the question is are the little glances and smiles, touches, watching actual interest or just an ever roaming Ne finding possibilities? Then my Ne manages to catch thier Ne roaming annd i get confused, and my normally somewhat open Fi gets sqirriled away and all i feek okay showing is super Te.

now you too, have seen a glimpse into the scary stuff in the ENFP brain. hehehe!
    It's like...caffeine in written form.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Hmm... I'm sorry, but this guy sounds like trouble.

Like... I get the feeling that he's playing with you. With your heart?
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ

Yep, agree with FemmeUrbane. Just read the OP through and it was all good...good...good... right up to the "live-in girlfriend" part. He's clearly sending out signals - they could mean anything from 'I'm a huge flirt and will try it on with any and every female' and 'wow I am REALLY interested in this fascinating girl' but it doesn't matter if he's got a live-in girlfriend. Do you really want to get involved with someone who behaves like this? It sounds like a recipe for disaster. Especially since you seem quite taken with him. My advice is to stay away.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

Hi, I am a happy puppy ENFP here for advice. (posted on another site already too.)

i guess the question is are the little glances and smiles, touches, watching actual interest or just an ever roaming Ne finding possibilities?
    It's a I'm-bored-as-fuck-so-let's-see-what-sorta-mischief-I-can-get-up-to look. It has much less to do with you, and way more to do with him avoiding boredom and knowing you're up to indulge him.

Why do I say, 'it has much less to do with you'? Cuz he knows you know that he has a live-in gf, and the fact that you still engage with him (in whatever...), shows him you are up for killing time and an easy target. Easy target in that he doesn't gotta work his A-game to make you melt/tingle. He could bring his Z-game (touch hair, make melt), and with minimal effort, he's got you acting like a little girl (are you a girl?). You know, the schoolyard syndrome of, "ooh, I like him, so I'll try extra hard to be mean and stupid to him". You feed his arrogance, and he comes back to satiate his appetite.

Once caught, you're gonna lose your appeal, and it's gonna be the next game.

If you wanna play him, do so consciously. That means don't resort to silly whimsy of, "I'm gonna act rude to him cuz I can't let him see he gets to me" while the next second he picks up your body language of you 'melting' cuz he touched your hair. Be consistent! Be consistent in being contradictory [not predictably contradictory...there's a difference]. Otherwise, you are feeding the very arrogance that he wants you to feed.

Btw, I'm asking if you are a girl, cuz, of this quote by another member:
    Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    sounds like mutual attraction that can't go further because he's in a relationship and possibly confused of his orientation...or maybe he's bi and he knows it...or maybe he just likes the attention and does it to screw with ya...so...you can let it go...or be your blunt lil enfp self and find out.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

The ENTP I know currently know at work flirts shamelessly with every female there - to the point where he could easily get slapped with a harassment suit if someone decided to take it there. No one takes him too seriously, though, because a) he does it to everyone, he just spends more time with some than with others and b) whenever one of the ladies starts taking it too far, he puts on the brakes and makes jokes about whether or not his wife would approve of it.

If he isn't putting on any brakes, he'll likely go as far as your willing to take it. Be careful - besides the moral implications you also will need to protect your heart. Does he really deserve it?

^^^^ ooo, I like Qre:us' post alot. I definitely see that with my co-worker, too. It's very much a game.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Gotta keep them ENFPs in cages, I tell ya

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

All the ENTPs I know have been super flirtatious. I find that ENTPs make better friends than significant others, for me at least.