User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Hey Again Fellow INTJs ..... Another Question For You about Emotions!!!!!

So, I'm not the type of person that lets emotions cloud my judgment. I personally feel that they inhibit my ability to stay objective throughout life. Every now and then, something will happen to me whether it is interpersonal, or the witnessing of something very poignant, or even just a touch from someone else (that's also very poignant).

Then I just break. I become extremely effusive to the point of emotional deluge. If the event was particularly depressing for me, it seems like I dwell over the memory for at least half a week before recovering. It seems debilitating at times. I find it difficult to work and communicate while the thought lingers in my head. I try to socially congregate with others, but the mollification seems ephemeral.

Do you any of you INTJs feel similarly at times? If so, how do you cope?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

I don't experiance things like this, but I am quite fuc**** up person when it comes to this kinds of things. Since I have a strong emotional deficit even of an INTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I don't experiance things like this, but I am quite fuc**** up person when it comes to this kinds of things. Since I have a strong emotional deficit even of an INTJ.
    But just the fact that you professed that you are quite "fuc**** up", must mean that to some extent, you experience "things like this." Would you care to elaborate on your experiences? I understand if you don't want to.

I am inquiring mainly because I still am a dilettante when it comes to the nuances of MBTI. I simply want to understand myself and others of all types more consummately. Also it would not hurt to be able to hear other experiences, it abets my endeavor to understand what I have just expounded.

The more info I hear (no matter what form it arrives in), the more I will be able to corroborate, correlate, and conclude. Thanks in advance.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by WithoutaFace View Post
    But just the fact that you professed that you are quite "fuc**** up", must mean that to some extent, you experience "things like this." Would you care to elaborate on your experiences? I understand if you don't want to.

I am inquiring mainly because I still am a dilettante when it comes to the nuances of MBTI. I simply want to understand myself and others of all types more consummately. Also it would not hurt to be able to hear other experiences, it abets my endeavor to understand what I have just expounded.

The more info I hear (no matter what form it arrives in), the more I will be able to corroborate, correlate, and conclude. Thanks in advance.

I said Fuc*** up because I wanted represent my situation from an average standpoint since we don't know each other.
    It was figure of speach.

I personally don't think that there is something wrong with me.
    The thing is that I am so detached form everything that you can't hurt me.
    I was never in love, even if it would be quite normal of have this kinds of feelings at my age. Haven't been on a real party for over a 3 years and etc.

To me it happens that people who know me say to me "Omg! Did you just smiled?" I think that I am just quite calm and analytical. Plus my contact with people is almost always impersonal.

Does my first post make more sense to you now?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I said Fuc*** up not because I wanted represent my situation from an average standpoint since we don't know each other.
    It was figure of speach.

I personally don't think that there is something wrong with me.
    The thing is that I am so detached form everything that you can't hurt me.
    I was never in love, even if it would be quite normal of have this kinds of feelings at my age. Haven't been on a real party for over a 3 years and etc.

To me it happens that people who know me say to me "Omg! Did you just smiled?" I think that I am just quite calm and analytical. Plus my contact with people is almost always impersonal.

Does my first post make more sense to you now?
    Yes, sorry for the misunderstanding and thank you for sharing. Do you have anything else to add to that?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Yes, sorry for the misunderstanding and thank you for sharing. Do you have anything else to add to that?
    That "not" in the first sentence should not be there.

I don't have much more to say here.

MBTI
    INTJ

So, I'm not the type of person that lets emotions cloud my judgment. I personally feel that they inhibit my ability to stay objective throughout life. Every now and then, something will happen to me whether it is interpersonal, or the witnessing of something very poignant, or even just a touch from someone else (that's also very poignant).

Then I just break. I become extremely effusive to the point of emotional deluge. If the event was particularly depressing for me, it seems like I dwell over the memory for at least half a week before recovering. It seems debilitating at times. I find it difficult to work and communicate while the thought lingers in my head. I try to socially congregate with others, but the mollification seems ephemeral.

Do you any of you INTJs feel similarly at times? If so, how do you cope?
    Yes, I do that, too.
    If I am being distracted by it, then I write out my thoughts and feelings like in a blog or private journal.
    This helps me process them faster and gives me insight.
    It's the fault of our Tertiary Fi, apparently.

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

I know that too. I just had that some days ago. I was "overemotional".

Me too, I write blogs to get / sort things out and also for me to read and analyze / work with. Sometimes we need our ass kicked a bit to actually sit down and deal with our emotions. Always locking them up and keeping them away is not the best to do. Emotions are like water, they will always find a way to the surface.

If you wanna learn dealing with emotions better, you should make sure you have some ENFP around. Seriously.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    iNtJ

Yes, this happens. Sometimes the triggers are very unpredictable. I won't get emotional at all when I "should" be --- such as goodbyes. At the end of four weeks with a group of people, they were all sobbing and I couldn't. The thing is, I do genuinely like and miss at least a few of them.

Then someone will say or do something to me, and I break and I don't even see it coming. It's usually something that feels like personal rejection or failure, from someone whose opinion I trust.

Usually in these situations, if I remove myself from it briefly I can start to think objectively again and realize that it's not actually a big deal. Or if I can't do that, I shove it to the side and pretend it doesn't exist. Yes, this is bad. No, I can't stop.

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Quote Originally Posted by sonata View Post
    I won't get emotional at all when I "should" be --- such as goodbyes. At the end of four weeks with a group of people, they were all sobbing and I couldn't. The thing is, I do genuinely like and miss at least a few of them.

Then someone will say or do something to me, and I break and I don't even see it coming. It's usually something that feels like personal rejection or failure, from someone whose opinion I trust.
    Get out of my head.
    No, very well said, really. I second that.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O