User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 69

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Wait, so tell me if this is a plausible guess here (I am not saying this is true, this is mostly rhetorical):

    INTJMom used her tertiary Fi in order to discern between fake and genuine behavior. Through her Fi, she experienced a "gut feeling" and concluded that I was being fake. Then using auxiliary extroverted thinking, she materialized her affect and challenged my sincerity, making the decision to leave this thread?

    Or......
    She used her primary Ni and then made her conclusion using secondary Te. Then based off of her conclusion, decided that she did not like me through tertiary Fi, and left the thread?

    DM, do either or both of these make sense?

  2. #42
    Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Actually I think she was joking about leaving the thread if you're referring to the *closes up* comment hehe
    Embrace the possibilities.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    Actually I think she was joking about leaving the thread if you're referring to the *closes up* comment hehe
    Oh well. Either way, I feel like the magnitude of this discussion has been diminished horribly by a perceived identity crisis discussion. I guess it's somewhat relevant, -- but still, I consider it previously addressed dross in a conversation that was progressing well. I don't understand the need to languish over glib doggerel.

  4. #44
    Member Petite Etoile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    InTJ
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    56

    Default

    i feel like a lot of people get T/F confused with having feelings or not. I am one of the most emotional people i know.. someone once told me that i cry if the moon is full. I probably cry at least once a week.. over everything and anything. I am especially good at being able to empathize with people, and i'm very aware of my emotions.. but in my opinion i'm still more T than F.

    I'm still pretty new to the whole MBTI thing, so correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure T/F is simply the dimension of your personality which dictates how you make decisions. Although i am very emotive, i still tend to make decisions based primarily on logic rather than based on my values. and I'm sure it's just as possible for someone who is very logical to make more decisions based on their feelings.

    I guess this is why i've been having a very hard time finding a type that best describes me.. it seems like there are a lot of stereotypes about each type, and i'm somewhat well rounded so i don't seem to completely fit any of the molds..

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Petite Etoile View Post
    i feel like a lot of people get T/F confused with having feelings or not. I am one of the most emotional people i know.. someone once told me that i cry if the moon is full. I probably cry at least once a week.. over everything and anything. I am especially good at being able to empathize with people, and i'm very aware of my emotions.. but in my opinion i'm still more T than F.

    I'm still pretty new to the whole MBTI thing, so correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure T/F is simply the dimension of your personality which dictates how you make decisions. Although i am very emotive, i still tend to make decisions based primarily on logic rather than based on my values. and I'm sure it's just as possible for someone who is very logical to make more decisions based on their feelings.

    I guess this is why i've been having a very hard time finding a type that best describes me.. it seems like there are a lot of stereotypes about each type, and i'm somewhat well rounded so i don't seem to completely fit any of the molds..
    Yes, I was under this impression as well.

  6. #46
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    So it seems that:
    Fi - Moral value system.
    Sucky Fi - inability to understand feelings.

    Fe - Sense of empathy.
    Sucky Fe - inability to express feelings.

    Hypothesis: Feelings need to be expressed, or they will build up and express themselves, possibly violently, and likely not at a convenient time.

    So both inferior Fi and inferior Fe are equally sucky. Fi because you can't express what you don't understand, and inferior Fe because you just plain can't express it.
    Last edited by Costrin; 02-07-2009 at 12:31 AM.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

  7. #47
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WithoutaFace View Post
    Wait, so tell me if this is a plausible guess here (I am not saying this is true, this is mostly rhetorical):

    INTJMom used her tertiary Fi in order to discern between fake and genuine behavior. Through her Fi, she experienced a "gut feeling" and concluded that I was being fake. Then using auxiliary extroverted thinking, she materialized her affect and challenged my sincerity, making the decision to leave this thread?

    Or......
    She used her primary Ni and then made her conclusion using secondary Te. Then based off of her conclusion, decided that she did not like me through tertiary Fi, and left the thread?

    DM, do either or both of these make sense?
    I "closed up" my spirit, sort of the way a clam closes up its shell and retreats inside.
    I became too fearful to risk posting my thoughts and feelings in this thread.
    Glad you could make a useful analysis out of my non-compliance anyway.



    If you are not actually pretending to be someone you're not, I apologize.

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    So it seems that:
    Fi - Moral value system.
    Sucky Fi - inability to understand feelings.

    Fe - Sense of empathy.
    Sucky Fe - inability to express feelings.

    Hypothesis: Feelings need to be expressed, or they will build up and express themselves, possibly violently, and likely not at a convenient time.

    So both inferior Fi and inferior Fe are equally sucky. Fi because you can't express what you don't understand, and inferior Fe because you just plain can't express it.
    Lol, looks kind of grim from that perspective.

  9. #49
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WithoutaFace View Post
    Lol, looks kind of grim from that perspective.
    Well, on the plus side, we don't have to deal with it as often.

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I "closed up" my spirit, sort of the way a clam closes up its shell and retreats inside.
    I became too fearful to risk posting my thoughts and feelings in this thread.
    Glad you could make a useful analysis out of my non-compliance anyway.



    If you are not actually pretending to be someone you're not, I apologize.
    No I'm not pretending, and I accept your apology.
    However there is one thing that you assumed about me:

    That I like everything about my type. You never considered the possibility (ostensibly) that I didn't like certain aspects about my type. Ever since I could remember, I never liked everything about me. I was and am always on a constant mission to improve myself. This applies to every facet of life, not just MBTI.

Similar Threads

  1. Questions for you all.
    By mooshenh in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 09-26-2010, 10:57 PM
  2. Random math question for you
    By raz in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 01:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO