User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 69

  1. #21
    Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp
    Posts
    1,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial One
    How often other INTJ cry or they are close to it?
    Crying: Less then once a year. And I must say that sometimes it bothers me a little.

    Close to crying: I second what DM said.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    Most of the time the "close to crying" usually happens during really good movies / games (and let me add favorite tv shows) that get me immersed in their story, or they hit a soft spot.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

    Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

    ESTP? o.O

  2. #22
    Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    I've cried a lot in the last two months, but I had a death in my family that we're still dealing with. On a whole, I don't cry very often when things are going at a normal pace.
    Embrace the possibilities.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,650

    Default

    I don't really experience strong emotions. Although I'm a happy person, I sometimes wonder whether I'm living life to its fullest.

  4. #24
    Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    I don't really experience strong emotions. Although I'm a happy person, I sometimes wonder whether I'm living life to its fullest.
    Do an experiment then.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I will be blunt.


    How often other INTJ cry or they are close to it?
    About the same as everyone else who has responded. But the emotions I was referring to do not always necessarily culminate in tears.

  6. #26
    Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WithoutaFace View Post
    About the same as everyone else who has responded. But the emotions I was referring to do not always necessarily culminate in tears.
    Very true. Good observation I think we all failed to mention that part.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

  7. #27
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    INTP, close enough to INTJ...

    I rarely cry. Maybe twice a year, on a bad year.

    Exceptions include things like particularly good movies, TV shows, books, games (though this is particularly rare), *insert storytelling medium here*. I can occasionally cry to these things. I view them as an opportunity to indulge in my emotions, so I let down many of my conscious guards against emotion, but even then, it takes something really good to get an emotional reaction from me.

    As for a more general view, not necessarily crying, it's still really rare. I don't think I just 'break', more that it gradually builds up and effects me more and more.

    One thing I'm curious about, though. I find that when I can't deal with emotions, it's because I am unable to express them (inferior Fe, at least according to MBTI...). I have severe reservations against showing emotions (I do show minor things, like laughter, happiness in small doses, frustration, etc. But big things, like love or sadness are out of the question), and it's very hard to let down these barriers. Exceptions are like I explained above, which I usually do in private, and if anyone saw me, it's "ok", because you're "supposed" to feel emotional to those things. (Oh right, my question...) Basically, how do INTJs react, how does tertiary Fi affect them (and inferior Fi for ENTJs)? Maybe, the 'breaks' happen because you don't even realize you're having an emotional reaction to something, and it just builds up until you explode?

  8. #28
    Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    970

    Default

    I rarely cry. Maybe twice a year, on a bad year.

    Exceptions include things like particularly good movies, TV shows, books, games (though this is particularly rare), *insert storytelling medium here*. I can occasionally cry to these things. I view them as an opportunity to indulge in my emotions, so I let down many of my conscious guards against emotion, but even then, it takes something really good to get an emotional reaction from me.

    As for a more general view, not necessarily crying, it's still really rare. I don't think I just 'break', more that it gradually builds up and effects me more and more.
    Actually all of this applies to me. Although I don't really "indulge" exactly... Well I'm not sure maybe I do... it's more like the emotions crop up naturally with whatever form of entertainment is moving me. I don't consciously say to myself "alright, I got to get some epic feelings in here because this is a good opportunity." It just happens. It's like I see this open gap to experience deep emotions (not just the everyday feelings) and just naturally go for it.
    So then some might ask - why would a logic monster indulge in emotions? Because, it's relaxing, it's refreshing, it's a great form of stress relief, it's enjoyable.

    And I agree those yearly cries really do build up. You can feel it coming the day before. Stuff happens in life and the desire to cry it out just builds up.

    On a side note it is really cool to hear this from everyone. I always felt so odd that I would be moved emotionally almost to the point of tears just because of a movie - let a lone a game. Movies and games that I assume even most feelers would not be teary-eyed from heh.

    One thing I'm curious about, though. I find that when I can't deal with emotions, it's because I am unable to express them (inferior Fe, at least according to MBTI...).
    When I can't deal with emotions it's usually because I don't understand them or they feel unnecessary. Perhaps that is the difference between Fi and Fe, but I'm not an expert.

    I have severe reservations against showing emotions (I do show minor things, like laughter, happiness in small doses, frustration, etc. But big things, like love or sadness are out of the question), and it's very hard to let down these barriers. Exceptions are like I explained above, which I usually do in private, and if anyone saw me, it's "ok", because you're "supposed" to feel emotional to those things.
    Me too. I rarely express emotions... even the small things. The larger things I often feel guilty for expressing for some reason (guilty, as in, not returned by the other party). Maybe it's just because I haven't met someone I feel comfortable expressing love and sadness to (comfortable, which means mutual).

    (Oh right, my question...) Basically, how do INTJs react, how does tertiary Fi affect them (and inferior Fi for ENTJs)? Maybe, the 'breaks' happen because you don't even realize you're having an emotional reaction to something, and it just builds up until you explode?
    I don't think it builds up. If I were having an emotional reaction to things I would probably notice... probably because it is so rare.

    But I think it is more like - the breaks happen because something allows for them to happen. It's like going on vacation. You haven't gone in awhile and while your at it you might as well enjoy it (that is - for the entertainment related teary-eyeness, the refreshing one).

    But for the yearly cries, I think that is more of a build-up process. You just get unlucky or whatever and bad thing happens after bad thing and they pile up and you don't get the chance to vent or to release some of the stress, and that is when actual crying occurs.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

  9. #29
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    Actually all of this applies to me. Although I don't really "indulge" exactly... Well I'm not sure maybe I do... it's more like the emotions crop up naturally with whatever form of entertainment is moving me. I don't consciously say to myself "alright, I got to get some epic feelings in here because this is a good opportunity." It just happens. It's like I see this open gap to experience deep emotions (not just the everyday feelings) and just naturally go for it.
    So then some might ask - why would a logic monster indulge in emotions? Because, it's relaxing, it's refreshing, it's a great form of stress relief, it's enjoyable.
    Ah, I guess I didn't communicate clearly enough. I don't go out looking to indulge in emotions, per say. More that, when I'm watching/reading/whatever then if the emotions do come up, then I'll let down some of my barriers and express them instead of try and deny and/or repress them as I might do in public.

    And I agree those yearly cries really do build up. You can feel it coming the day before. Stuff happens in life and the desire to cry it out just builds up.
    Yeah. Question, though. During these times that I cry, I'm constantly analyzing myself, taking the opportunity to learn more about emotions and myself. Even during the most volatile Fe explosion, I'm still Ti-ing constantly, incorporating this new data. I wonder if this is common with NTs?

    On a side note it is really cool to hear this from everyone. I always felt so odd that I would be moved emotionally almost to the point of tears just because of a movie - let a lone a game. Movies and games that I assume even most feelers would not be teary-eyed from heh.
    I don't I really felt it was odd for me personally to experience emotions, but I definitely wouldn't let it out. Emotions were a thing to be conquered. But I eventually just decided to accept them, and I discovered that they can actually be enjoyable.

    When I can't deal with emotions it's usually because I don't understand them or they feel unnecessary. Perhaps that is the difference between Fi and Fe, but I'm not an expert.
    I don't think I've really felt that. Not understanding I can sorta relate to. I generally at least have some sorta idea of what the emotion is and the source of it. Sometimes though, it takes some introspection to follow the source and figure it out.

    Me too. I rarely express emotions... even the small things. The larger things I often feel guilty for expressing for some reason (guilty, as in, not returned by the other party). Maybe it's just because I haven't met someone I feel comfortable expressing love and sadness to (comfortable, which means mutual).
    Can definitely relate. I can talk about my emotions to random people on the internets, but in person there's no one I really have that sort of relationship with. Plus, a big part is that I really suck with knowing what to do when other people dump emotion on me, so I don't want to do it to other people.

    I don't think it builds up. If I were having an emotional reaction to things I would probably notice... probably because it is so rare.

    But I think it is more like - the breaks happen because something allows for them to happen. It's like going on vacation. You haven't gone in awhile and while your at it you might as well enjoy it (that is - for the entertainment related teary-eyeness, the refreshing one).

    But for the yearly cries, I think that is more of a build-up process. You just get unlucky or whatever and bad thing happens after bad thing and they pile up and you don't get the chance to vent or to release some of the stress, and that is when actual crying occurs.
    I can relate to this.
    Fi v Fe is interesting.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    275

    Default

    Wow, looks like we have elucidated much over the past few days. This is all really good, and we have covered much ground. I know this is contrary to the advice of a few wise posters, -- but some of you appear to be venturing back into a more MBTI equipped analysis again. Which is okay, -- but let's take another look at that:

    So I don't know, would you say that a good way to develop tertiary Fi, is to employ Fe a lot more. So that we can help ourselves understand Fi, by sharing Fe? It was just a thought that occurred to me. We can experiment, and even engage in Fe right now.

    Voluntary:
    What are some moments that made you vulnerable/emotional/cry? Explain every detail from your perspective (in as Fe as a manner as possible). Be as comprehensive as you can, so as to maximize empathy and understanding.

Similar Threads

  1. Questions for you all.
    By mooshenh in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 09-26-2010, 10:57 PM
  2. Random math question for you
    By raz in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 01:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO